7 votes (35%)
2 votes (10%)
3 votes (15%)

20 members have voted

August 2nd, 2014 at 11:25:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Sure, I'd be friends with Willie Nelson. Paul McCartney too. (although apparently he stopped when he turned 69)

Willie is a great artist, and an airhead intellectually. Paul
is an asshole deluxe.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2014 at 1:39:34 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Grrr...lost my post. Short answer; I voted yes. It's enjoyable, not habit-forming. However, he should take a weed vacation to CO or WA and smoke it legally, with top quality product (it doesn't take much, these days 1/8 of an ounce would more than do it for several days minimum). Priests don't have a lot of room to be breaking laws.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
August 3rd, 2014 at 3:43:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
There's an argument out there about whether pot is a drug of moderation or not. Some say it obviously is, but I am in the camp that says it is not. No one uses pot the way most of us use alcohol, those of us who stay out of trouble with drinking anyway. Often the objective is to warm up socially or get a moderate buzz with booze. Now, I always say people who drink usually have times they drink too much, so though moderation is possible, drinking has its problems. But we are talking about moderation being possible.

With pot, intoxication is the whole purpose; I would say a very un-Christian state is what is desired. Someone who smokes pot and obtains less than the typical effect is generally quite miffed about it. Bad business all around if this priest* is in a state that has not legalized it.

It must have struck you that you were writing a post about a "friend" who wanted to know something, in a manner similar to someone substituting "friend" for "self". We trust not.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:36:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Grrr...lost my post. Short answer; I voted yes. It's enjoyable, not habit-forming. However, he should take a weed vacation to CO or WA and smoke it legally, with top quality product (it doesn't take much, these days 1/8 of an ounce would more than do it for several days minimum). Priests don't have a lot of room to be breaking laws.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO. Word is you need a CO license to purchase legally there. They don't want to be the pot mecca oft he USA.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:59:50 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
OG, I did realize that a "friend" is a likely excuse, but this time it is truly someone else. He is a little younger of a priest than me. I've asked him to join the forum and the discussion and hope he will do so, especially on this topic, but can you all handle two priests on here?!? Anyway in the meantime if I hear something from him I'll let you know. Peace!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 3rd, 2014 at 7:49:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
OG, I did realize that a "friend" is a likely excuse, but this time it is truly someone else. He is a little younger of a priest than me. I've asked him to join the forum and the discussion and hope he will do so, especially on this topic, but can you all handle two priests on here?!? Anyway in the meantime if I hear something from him I'll let you know. Peace!

I wouldn't mind it. Actually I wonder how many priests might never state their vocation on a forum so they can have an outlet to have "normal" conversations.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2014 at 9:04:12 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
[..]but can you all handle two priests on here?!?

Sure.

Does he cook?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 3rd, 2014 at 11:12:33 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
can you all handle two priests on here?!?
Yes, if the other is Episcopalian... :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
August 3rd, 2014 at 11:26:20 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when a priest would be asking whether or not to smoke pot. lol

I never understood the appeal of pot. Still don't. I tried it once in high school and once more in college and thought it was the stupidest thing. Also, in my experience (and this is all anecdotal evidence, of course.....nothing scientific), potheads tend to be dumber and have less ambition than the average person.

I always get a chuckle out of people who defend pot. Like in the other thread, I stated that cigarette smokers are generally more productive than potsmokers. So what did a couple libs do? They pointed out 1 or 2 examples of cigarette smokers who were unproductive, as if that's supposed to invalidate everything I said...lol! l never said that ALL cigarette smokers are productive, but I guess their little "shift" is all they got.

Quote: odiousgambit
There's an argument out there about whether pot is a drug of moderation or not. Some say it obviously is, but I am in the camp that says it is not. No one uses pot the way most of us use alcohol
Quote: odiousgambit
With pot, intoxication is the whole purpose
+1, +1
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 3rd, 2014 at 12:48:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Grrr...lost my post. Short answer; I voted yes. It's enjoyable, not habit-forming.

Pot is extremely habit forming and psychologically
addicting. My oldest friend from HS has never
stopped smoking from our days in the late 60's.
He keeps it hidden in his garage and hits the pipe
at least once a day. He can't quit, he's tried and
tried. It keeps him in a foggy world in the evening
so he can tolerate his horrible bitchy wife.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 11<12345>Last »