Ferguson

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
August 24th, 2014 at 7:26:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
It's unethical to entertain a response anymore Beethoven because I've just figured out your possible illness and can't enable you anymore.

Saying some has a "possible illness" as if you were a doctor of some sort is reprehensible. I don't agree with your political views but I'll gladly respect them and argue with you about them, but I don't get why folks can't just ignore people who big them. There is one person here who I just don't care for and we've mutually blocked each other because that person has a tendency to bully people and not be called out on it. That person is blocked; that person blocked me...and I just don't respond to most things that person writes when I see them.

You can live peacefully here even if you don't like some of the other residents!!
August 24th, 2014 at 7:34:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Reuters) - Two weeks after a white policeman shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, smaller, quieter street protests prevailed at the weekend, while supporters of the officer rallied separately and called the shooting justified.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/24/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GF0LP20140824

I guess the worthless looters have headed home now that the police/Guard presence is enough to keep them under control. They weren't there because the supported the person who was shot, they weren't there to do anything about race relations, they weren't there to make Ferguson better--they were just a bunch of worthless criminals who will find their way to the jails and prisons over time.

Calm is prevailing; yet there are still protests. That's okay. We still don't know all the facts but it is okay to be concerned about the shooting. Once the facts come out it will be time to really protest (if it is an unjustified shooting) or just be sad (if the young man was killed resisting an office and could have lived had he followed instructions).

I am disturbed that the White House says that three aides are going to the funeral. The White House should not be involved in this at all at this point--the President is the President of that officer as well as the dead man. It isn't like they send three aides to the funeral of every black or white police shooting death...they don't know all the facts either and their presence on one side or the other is ridiculously poor judgement. They help accentuate the racial issues; not cure them.
August 24th, 2014 at 11:35:30 AM permalink
Greasyjohn
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
Reuters) - Two weeks after a white policeman shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, smaller, quieter street protests prevailed at the weekend, while supporters of the officer rallied separately and called the shooting justified.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/24/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GF0LP20140824

I guess the worthless looters have headed home now that the police/Guard presence is enough to keep them under control. They weren't there because the supported the person who was shot, they weren't there to do anything about race relations, they weren't there to make Ferguson better--they were just a bunch of worthless criminals who will find their way to the jails and prisons over time.

Calm is prevailing; yet there are still protests. That's okay. We still don't know all the facts but it is okay to be concerned about the shooting. Once the facts come out it will be time to really protest (if it is an unjustified shooting) or just be sad (if the young man was killed resisting an office and could have lived had he followed instructions).

I am disturbed that the White House says that three aides are going to the funeral. The White House should not be involved in this at all at this point--the President is the President of that officer as well as the dead man. It isn't like they send three aides to the funeral of every black or white police shooting death...they don't know all the facts either and their presence on one side or the other is ridiculously poor judgement. They help accentuate the racial issues; not cure them.

I agree. Some good points.
September 2nd, 2014 at 3:45:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: RonC
Reuters) They help accentuate the racial issues; not cure them.
Were there any racial issues? Really?

Most cops know that race can make a situation worse but it ain't never gonna go easy if a cops shoot, someone goes down and their ain't no weapon in evidence. That is why in one NYC case when they turned the dead guy over they found two guns and four knives. The explanation: there was a lot of confusion as to who had first arrived on the scene.

There is always delay. Identity of the dead person has to come from the Coroner, not the cops even if every cop in town knows that character by sight. If its a small town, identifying the shooter means loss of him as a street officer for awhile and he does have union rights before giving a statement.

There is no need for a riot everytime something like this happens.

The recent gift of free cameras is a boon to the people of the town. Does more than any outside agitator from the White House.
September 2nd, 2014 at 2:01:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

There is no need for a riot everytime something like this happens.

No need, but they will keep happening. No penalty for rioting.
The President is a fink.
Page 8 of 8« First<5678