Ferguson

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
August 19th, 2014 at 11:33:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its pretty sad what the town of Ferguson has been going thru.
I believe there are some bad cops on this force.
I've read some pretty horrible stories of police abuse in this town.
Due all the police abuse in the past, this town was a powder keg getting ready to explode.
That all said, my feeling is this might have been a justifiable shooting.
I watched the video in the store where Michael Brown stole the box of cigars.
This was only 10 min prior to the shooting and Michael Brown was acting like a total thug in that store.
Due to Michael Brown thuggish in the store, it wouldn't surprise me if he acted thugish toward the cop, hitting the cop, going for the gun, walking away then turning around to rush the cop.
Generally I dont side with cops or zimmerman in controversial cases, but in this case, I really wonder.
I think the residents of Ferguson are sick of all the police abuse, unfortunately it definitly happenned in the past, I am just not sure this case is representative of police abuse in the past that residents have had to endure.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 19th, 2014 at 11:46:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Not it turns out Obama's DoJ tried to suppress the
the tape from the store and not let the public see
it. Now there are 12 eye witnesses that saw the kid
charge the cop. Case closed, yet Holder is still going
there. Why.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 19th, 2014 at 12:23:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 19th, 2014 at 2:07:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Not it turns out Obama's DoJ tried to suppress the
the tape from the store and not let the public see
it. Now there are 12 eye witnesses that saw the kid
charge the cop. Case closed, yet Holder is still going
there. Why.

Holder has too much tied up in it. He thought it was obvious that cops use black kids for target practice so he went all-in. What happened is post flop he raised big with a pair of As and Qs but someone trapped him with a set of Ks. Now he has to go all-in or fold and be short-stacked the rest of the way. Obama had to have beer with a cop he probably hated to save face.

The racism meme needs actual racism to stick. First Obama came out against a white cop who arrested a black guy who refused to show his ID, but it came out there was a call of a break-in and the cop was politely following up while the black guy gave him a "your mother" and basically forcing the cop to take him in to the station house or else how would it look?

Next he came out against Zimmerman but that backfired when it came out that Martin was pounding Zimmerman to the concrete. Zimmerman was correctly found not guilty. Strike 2.

Now it is happening again. Obama and Holder could not wait to jump in, but now it comes out the kid stole a case of cigars 10 minutes prior. The autopsy showed dope in his system. The cop was punched in the face. And worse and worse it gets.

I seriously would love to play Obama in poker. Table talk that I am a Tea Party supporter and he would make the craziest bets and lose. At the end of the night I would own The White House.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2014 at 2:45:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
>Its pretty sad what the town of Ferguson has been going thru.
Congratulations for starting with your focus on the town and not some trivial incident that took place there.

>I believe there are some bad cops on this force.
That's for sure. Bad cops everywhere but certainly where the town is poor and the property tax rolls are all "LLC"s in other areas. So lots of buildings are absentee owner, no upkeep, renters. White flight starts, then employers leave and then

>I've read some pretty horrible stories of police abuse in this town.
Yeah, many of them are probably true. Entire surrounding area is neat and clean albeit on the decline for years. Nearby towns have businesses that go back twenty or thirty years. Very German area originally, Italians, Polish. Florissant area had large homes, large lots, gardening awards, bicycle paths galore, peaceful area for decades even though its on the decline. Ferguson is black area and lacks any signs of community vibrancy. The Ferguson Farmers Market has many blacks that work hard to grow and market products, but too many blacks would rather riot and complain. Walking while black and driving while black? Perhaps. But why would photographs of buildings, streets, lawns and sidewalks let people know if they were in Florissant or Ferguson? Why can't it be a clean and neat neighborhood? I ain't seen anyone driving ten miles to dump their garbage into Ferguson.

>Due all the police abuse in the past, this town was a powder keg getting ready to explode.
No, police abuse is a symptom but rarely a cause.

>That all said, my feeling is this might have been a justifiable shooting.
Ssh. No restraint or exercise in judgment allowed these days.

>I watched the video in the store where Michael Brown stole the box of cigars.
>This was only 10 min prior to the shooting and Michael Brown was acting like a total thug in that store.
He was not acting, but police are supposed to use restraint and await sight of an actual weapon. Aggressive approach by large violent person should start out with chemical or electronic defense.
August 19th, 2014 at 4:41:18 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: terapined
this town was a powder keg getting ready to explode.
I thought your boy Obama was going to fix everything in the country?
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 19th, 2014 at 5:00:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Dallas Police shoot unarmed white man.

White residents protest by going to work and patronizing stores.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2014 at 5:25:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Beethoven
I thought your boy Obama was going to fix everything in the country?

I've wanting to say this for awhile and this seems to be an appropriate place since I have the attention of both of you,
I got into with both you and AZ earlier this year on the Vegas board.
My response was over the top and stupid. I apologize. I was very disappointed in myself.
Life is about mistakes and learning from mistakes trying to be a better person.
I like the new board rules by the Wizard.

Both your comments remind me of watching Hannity a few nights ago. I was surfing and Hannity had on the Chief of Police. I stopped to watch. Hannity was desperately trying to get this guy to make some political points. Finally the exasperated Chief said, look , I told your people before I got on camera, no politics.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 19th, 2014 at 5:25:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
White residents protest by going to work and patronizing stores.

Dumbass white people..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 19th, 2014 at 5:42:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Dumbass white people..

They drive me crazy too but what are you going to do?
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 81234>Last »