What's up with the Steelers?

Page 1 of 101234>Last »
November 5th, 2012 at 7:50:24 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I did see the last game. They weren't wearing the ugly uniforms, and the Giants weren't dispirited or apathetic. Rather they won well enough, and they pretty much shut down the Giants in the fourth quarter. So even with the surprise field goal near the end of the first half (where the only one surprised was the Steelers' kicker), they ahd a good game.

More over, while Roethlisberger is still not a irst magnitude QB in passing stats, he's doing well enough. They're running a great deal mroe than they used to, and doing it well. What gives?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 5th, 2012 at 8:54:37 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Any given Sunday.

I looked at that fake field goal set up and knew it was a fake as well. The kicker looked set up wrong to me.

Eli had a nightmare, and the Steelers played solid defence. Maybe they to start flying in only on game day.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 5th, 2012 at 9:04:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
I looked at that fake field goal set up and knew it was a fake as well. The kicker looked set up wrong to me.

I was surprised, but the Giants weren't.

Quote:
Maybe they to start flying in only on game day.

As I unserstand, they had to get permission from the League to do so. If so, they won't get it every time.
November 5th, 2012 at 9:46:47 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Big Ben should also learn to play to the whistle. It was a terrible call on the fumble/forward pass and the clipping, but you play to the whistle, and don't start complaining about the call until the play is Over.

I was cheering Mr Wallace's big touchdown, not just because it won my fantasy match up for the day, but also that was a damn sweet TD.

But your not a Steelers fan. You abandoned that bus in week 5, and went to the Cardinals. Sorry! Your rights are revoked!
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 5th, 2012 at 9:58:46 AM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
Ever since I declared the Steelers done, they've played very good.

Harrison still sucks though. He needs to be benched.
November 5th, 2012 at 10:00:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: MakingBook

Until Tomlin is replaced as coach they will be inconsistent. He cannot sit on a lead. And as much as I hate to say it, this generation of the team has its best days behind them.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2012 at 10:00:13 AM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3

Can you declare the Jets done? :D
This space for rent
November 5th, 2012 at 11:09:23 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: FarFromVegas
Can you declare the Jets done? :D

The Jets are done. The first game of the season was a False Hope.

However, this declaration is worth what you paid for it, coming from a Detroit Lions fan living on the left coast of Canada and coming from the UK... :)

But Rex Ryan is squandering that team.
November 5th, 2012 at 1:18:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
But your not a Steelers fan. You abandoned that bus in week 5, and went to the Cardinals. Sorry! Your rights are revoked!

And I said the last time I gave up on them and bitched an moaned all season, they won the Super Bowl. So: they got lucky! Manning had a bad game! The Giants were worried because of the hurricane and so on!
November 5th, 2012 at 2:04:50 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22

I don't think I've heard his name called yet this season. His game is a combination of brute strength combined with that insanely quick first step; take away the quickness and all you have is strength, and everyone in the NFL has that. I hope he's managed his money well, because I think this is it.

Quote: AZDuffman
Until Tomlin is replaced as coach they will be inconsistent. He cannot sit on a lead. And as much as I hate to say it, this generation of the team has its best days behind them.

We'll see. What I've noticed is that this is the first season since probably '05 that we've had a dominant O line that can sit on a lead. Around my house we called that "running-back-into-the-butt-of-Trai-Essex-for-minus-a-yard" that they would trot out when they needed to run out the last 4 minutes of a game "the Steelers' trick play"; now it's going for 4-5 yards, or more, because guys are opening holes and linemen are getting to the second level.

Some folks on fan forums were ragging on Mike Adams; other than a couple plays I think he did pretty good, considering he was opposite either Jason Pierre-Paul, or Osi Umenyiora, or Justin Tuck. I saw two plays where he looked bad, one where he got blown up because he didn't set his feet before taking on the rusher, and one where he got juked and speed-beat. The first one he'll correct, the second one is going to happen when the other guy is that good and you're a rookie.

As far as best days behind them, I'm a bit concerned that there's no depth at linebacker and D line. Hood and Heyward together haven't replaced Aaron Smith, and Keisel and Hampton are getting old. No one has performed anywhere near replacement level while Woodley and Harrison were out, and Timmons is maddeningly inconsistent, to this TV watcher at least.
Page 1 of 101234>Last »