What's up with the Steelers?

Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »
November 20th, 2012 at 6:38:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Now I am starting to think it might be worse for him to be forced to wear one of those hideous throw backs they had on last night.

The good news is now that they lost a game wearing them, they'll probably never wear them ever again.

Of course the "Ravens" don't have throw back uniforms. Or rather they'd have to use the uniforms of a current team. What they should do is acquire a throw back in a hurry. They coudl start by changing their current helmet to one of a different color and with a black raven on it this time. Who ever saw a purple raven anyway? It's right up there with Detroit's blue lion.

The Steelers, meantime, are down to their third-string QB. The last time that happened, they had Big Ben as a rookie. Now they don't.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 20th, 2012 at 4:00:47 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
The good news is now that they lost a game wearing them, they'll probably never wear them ever again.

So much for at least looking good while losing!

Quote:
The Steelers, meantime, are down to their third-string QB. The last time that happened, they had Big Ben as a rookie. Now they don't.

863/1534, 10,610 Yards, 60 TD's, 48 INT's, 77.8 QBR

There are far worse back-ups in this league, they'll be fine. They're also playing Cleveland this week, so the good news is the aging Batch isn't forced to go up against a world-beater of a team. He's an aging veteran, yes, but he's a smart aging veteran who, at worst, can still manage one Hell of a game.

I've never liked the Steelers, but I've always liked Batch, classy guy, goes out of his way to help the younger players and do things in the community.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 25th, 2012 at 8:16:00 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
That might have been the worst game since before Bradshaw (or, at least his rookie season). People say '88 was a bad year, but I don't remember that year too much. I remember them looking that bad in the days of Kent Nix and Dick Shiner quarterbacking them, though.
November 25th, 2012 at 8:33:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Mission146

863/1534, 10,610 Yards, 60 TD's, 48 INT's, 77.8 QBR

There are far worse back-ups in this league, they'll be fine. They're also playing Cleveland this week, so the good news is the aging Batch isn't forced to go up against a world-beater of a team. He's an aging veteran, yes, but he's a smart aging veteran who, at worst, can still manage one Hell of a game.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about!

Batch's QB rating is going to be a little worse than that after a 0:3 TD:INT ratio for that game, and Cleveland, apparently, does have a world-beater defense. The only other correct statement in there is that Batch is an, "Aging veteran."

Cost me $25, the bastids!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 26th, 2012 at 7:31:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mosca
That might have been the worst game since before Bradshaw (or, at least his rookie season). People say '88 was a bad year, but I don't remember that year too much.

At that time the pundits were repeating that "the offense needs to stay on the field longer, if only to let the defense rest." Sound familiar? The defense is doing great. It allowed Baltimore only 13 points. And considering 8 turnovers, it kept Cleveland from scoring too much. but you can't turn over the ball that much and expect to win, not even against the ersatz Browns.
November 26th, 2012 at 8:36:48 AM permalink
Mosca
At that time the pundits were repeating that "the offense needs to stay on the field longer, if only to let the defense rest." Sound familiar? The defense is doing great. It allowed Baltimore only 13 points. And considering 8 turnovers, it kept Cleveland from scoring too much. but you can't turn over the ball that much and expect to win, not even against the ersatz Browns.

Actually, it allowed Baltimore 6 points; the Ravens' touchdown was a punt return.
November 26th, 2012 at 8:49:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mosca
Actually, it allowed Baltimore 6 points; the Ravens' touchdown was a punt return.

Right. My mistake. The TD was allowed by special teams and nto the defense.

Which only makes the offense look worse
November 26th, 2012 at 8:53:42 AM permalink
Mosca

Which only makes the offense look worse

[Insert nodding emoticon here.]
November 26th, 2012 at 11:16:57 AM permalink
Nareed
All I can say is the Steelers are lucky Tomlin either 1) can keep his cool or 2) can keep his cool after a disastrous loss in front of the press. I mean, in the post-game press conference one could tell he was furious, but he didn't act furious (contrast that to Dennis Green throwing a tantrum while coaching the Cards some years ago).

So either 1) he won't yell at his players in the locker room after the game, or 2) keep such yelling privately inside the locker room.
November 26th, 2012 at 12:02:01 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Eight turnovers. Wow, that's special. The record is 12, held by 3 teams, one of them being the '65 Steelers :)
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »