Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Predictions in Order:

HOME: Win, Win, Win, Loss, Win

ROAD: Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win

DIV HOME: Win, Win, Loss

DIV AWAY: Win, Loss, Loss

Record: 10-6

What faith. Steelers will end 7-9 next season. At best.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2012 at 3:15:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
What faith. Steelers will end 7-9 next season. At best.

At best?

Care to put $25 on it?

I'll take anything better than .438 (7-9) and you take anything worse than .438. If they finish at exactly 7-9, we'll call that a Push.

It's not faith, either, I hate Shittsburgh! (The Steelers, I mean, I think the city is fine) I'm a NE fan, have been since before we drafted Drew Bledsoe first in 1993, but definitely since then. He's one of the classiest dudes to ever play the game, in my opinion. He owns a winery now with a good friend of his, it's called DOUBLEBACK Winery. I've never had the stuff, if I wanted to pay more than $15.00 for a bottle of something, then it would be Bombay Sapphire Gin or Johnny Walker Black Label, but I'm sure it's good wine.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 26th, 2012 at 5:21:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
At best?

Care to put $25 on it?

I'll take anything better than .438 (7-9) and you take anything worse than .438. If they finish at exactly 7-9, we'll call that a Push.

It's not faith, either, I hate Shittsburgh! (The Steelers, I mean, I think the city is fine) I'm a NE fan, have been since before we drafted Drew Bledsoe first in 1993, but definitely since then. He's one of the classiest dudes to ever play the game, in my opinion. He owns a winery now with a good friend of his, it's called DOUBLEBACK Winery. I've never had the stuff, if I wanted to pay more than $15.00 for a bottle of something, then it would be Bombay Sapphire Gin or Johnny Walker Black Label, but I'm sure it's good wine.

I'll take $25 if I get 7-9 as I predict and 8-8 is a push. Given the low stakes and both of our long term history here I see no reason to escrow.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2012 at 6:11:03 PM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
Steelers 2013 season:

6-2 or 7-1 at home vs:
Ten, Buf, Mia, Chi, Det, Cle, Cin, Bal

3-1 or 2-2 on road vs:
Oak, NYJ, Cle, Min (neutral field)

1-3 or 0-4 on road vs:
NE, GB, Cin, Bal

A season ending record of 8-8 to 11-5 seems most likely.
December 26th, 2012 at 6:35:19 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I'll take $25 if I get 7-9 as I predict and 8-8 is a push. Given the low stakes and both of our long term history here I see no reason to escrow.

There is no reason to escrow. Keyser still hasn't paid me on that prediction bet for PotUS and I'm not sweating it, plus I know you would pay.

It's a minor point, but I want to specify that is nine losses and I lose. I will give you that, but I also want to specify that 7-8-1 is also a Push and you have a bet!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 26th, 2012 at 6:58:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
There is no reason to escrow. Keyser still hasn't paid me on that prediction bet for PotUS and I'm not sweating it, plus I know you would pay.

It's a minor point, but I want to specify that is nine losses and I lose. I will give you that, but I also want to specify that 7-8-1 is also a Push and you have a bet!

Book it under those terms. Only caveat is must be a full season of 16 games. Strike or canceled game means no action.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2012 at 8:25:16 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Book it under those terms. Only caveat is must be a full season of 16 games. Strike or canceled game means no action.

I agree, sixteen game season, sixteen games played!
December 27th, 2012 at 4:35:19 PM permalink
TheCesspit
There is no reason to escrow. Keyser still hasn't paid me on that prediction bet for PotUS and I'm not sweating it,

Aside : Really? Wow. Should make that known if he makes any other bets on here of WoV. Welchers should be outed.

Quote:
plus I know you would pay.

It all depends on the Steelers Draft class. There is still a fair amount to like on that team as a general football team and 8-8 doesn't seem unlikely. Interesting to watch. Also, I don't call PIT/DET as a loss for the Lions next year either, but we can come across those debates next year.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 27th, 2012 at 6:16:06 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: TheCesspit
Aside : Really? Wow. Should make that known if he makes any other bets on here of WoV. Welchers should be outed.

I definitely have, I bring up his name on occasion here and there. He was gone for a couple of weeks and then came and made a post or two, at that point, I sent him a PM about that $25, he did not reply nor has he posted since I sent that PM.

It's like this: If $25 were an actual financial problem for him, and he was to PM me to that effect, then I would have just let the whole thing go publicly. If anyone else looked as though they were going to later enter into a wager with him, I would simply shoot them a PM saying something like, "Keep this confidential, but don't expect to be paid if he loses."

I think he's pissed because he knows that me Laying $50 to win $25 on Romney not getting 320+ Electoral Votes was a bad bet...for him. However, I could have laid 3:1, 4:1, whatever:1 you want and it doesn't change the outcome. A losing bet is always a bad bet post facto, is it not? If what I am saying here is incorrect, he is free to defend himself with respect to the bet anytime he wants. I honestly didn't think he'd take it, I had to throw it out there twice within a couple of weeks before he bit. Why? I wanted him to admit that, given an honest appraisal, while it may be difficult to accurately predict the winner of the election, Romney simply was not going to get 320, but he's using words like, "Guaranteed," and everything else and I guess it just got on my nerves.

For the record, AZDuffman did not get on my nerves. This bet is as friendly a bet as they come. I have tremendous respect for AZDuffman and enjoy reading all of his posts, without exception, though there is a good deal we disagree on.

Quote:
It all depends on the Steelers Draft class. There is still a fair amount to like on that team as a general football team and 8-8 doesn't seem unlikely. Interesting to watch. Also, I don't call PIT/DET as a loss for the Lions next year either, but we can come across those debates next year.

I'm looking at this year and them having substantially the same quality of team. There were two losses this year in which losing to those teams (OAK, CLE...and maybe even TEN) is simply inexcusable and then another two losses that were kind of flukey (DAL/CIN) in the way they lost.
December 28th, 2012 at 8:30:01 AM permalink
TheCesspit
I definitely have, I bring up his name on occasion here and there. He was gone for a couple of weeks and then came and made a post or two, at that point, I sent him a PM about that $25, he did not reply nor has he posted since I sent that PM.

I realized I haven't been reading much over the last two weeks, and indeed you have mentioned it.

Quote:

It's like this: If $25 were an actual financial problem for him, and he was to PM me to that effect, then I would have just let the whole thing go publicly. If anyone else looked as though they were going to later enter into a wager with him, I would simply shoot them a PM saying something like, "Keep this confidential, but don't expect to be paid if he loses."

I think he's pissed because he knows that me Laying $50 to win $25 on Romney not getting 320+ Electoral Votes was a bad bet...for him. However, I could have laid 3:1, 4:1, whatever:1 you want and it doesn't change the outcome. A losing bet is always a bad bet post facto, is it not? If what I am saying here is incorrect, he is free to defend himself with respect to the bet anytime he wants. I honestly didn't think he'd take it, I had to throw it out there twice within a couple of weeks before he bit. Why? I wanted him to admit that, given an honest appraisal, while it may be difficult to accurately predict the winner of the election, Romney simply was not going to get 320, but he's using words like, "Guaranteed," and everything else and I guess it just got on my nerves.

For the record, AZDuffman did not get on my nerves. This bet is as friendly a bet as they come. I have tremendous respect for AZDuffman and enjoy reading all of his posts, without exception, though there is a good deal we disagree on.

There's a difference between thinking Romney -should- win (for the good of the country, etc) and Romney -will- win. AZ was quite clear on his thoughts and arguments, whereas other posters were so insanely sure that Romney would win, I had to wonder if they'd watched an election before, or understood how polls like the 538 were working.

For the record, I thought taking 3:2 on a Romney win around a month before was a good bet, but would have wanted 2:1 with two weeks to go, and wouldn't have made any bets on with a week to go, unless someone offered me a dog for Obama to win.

Quote:
I'm looking at this year and them having substantially the same quality of team. There were two losses this year in which losing to those teams (OAK, CLE...and maybe even TEN) is simply inexcusable and then another two losses that were kind of flukey (DAL/CIN) in the way they lost.

They were in real trouble when they lost their game manager in Big Ben. I was surprised how awful they were with the back up QBs. They may draft a late round QB, and probably some help in the LB core.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>