Can I pray to Satan in school?

Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »
November 14th, 2014 at 2:11:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
editt
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2014 at 2:49:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

Many critics video tape for family members outside of scientology that want to see daughters, sons, fathers and mothers that have disconnected from the family due to scientology.

Looks like someone's camera phone video inside a meeting. Nothing much interesting first couple minutes, until they lady starts talking about how people who say they don't have money, always have money and how they look up credit cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aId8DDXuU
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2014 at 3:02:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

Not really. In fact not at all, as that implies atheism is the religion. We are told that we have to accept others. Some people are told they have to do business with others that they do not wish to conduct. Sorry, but if I have to put up with the "gay pride" group putting forth positions that I do not believe in then you must put up with the Christians handing out Bibles if they wish to do so.

Quote:
But I agree, there's no point complaining about any group being active on campus. The difference and line should be avoiding religion being -part- of the lessons themselves (though even there, teaching about various religions and spiritual thoughts is no bad thing to give people -cultural- references to the rest of the world).

I haven't seen any schools having doctrine taught in class. Religious history of course, but that is where it ends. My problem is religious groups are being singled out for persecution and forced to take as members people who do not share their views. This is as if the minority students were told they had to accept active KKK members.

Sadly, it is just another fissure in the culture that will help cause the disruption I keep predicting in the 2020s.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2014 at 3:16:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Not really. In fact not at all, as that implies atheism is the religion.

Atheism is an "anti" group that comes into existence because of a specific claim. It is not a religion.

If people in town start claiming a six foot invisible white rabbit is running around town, a disbeliever in the invisible rabbit does not form a contrary religion by not believing the silly claim.

But if you want to state all disbeliefs in claims form a counter religion, that's up to you. Sounds ridiculous to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2014 at 3:47:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Looks like someone's camera phone video inside a meeting. Nothing much interesting first couple minutes, until they lady starts talking about how people who say they don't have money, always have money and how they look up credit cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aId8DDXuU

I had not seen that video before.
Fascinating . Took a lot of guts to shoot that video.
They make all their members max out multiple credit cards. Really sad.
Its similar to the charlatans that preach prosperity gospel.
If you are broke, its your fault, because you are not spending enough on scientology to get up the bridge to become "Clear" A super being.
Thanks rxwine :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2014 at 4:12:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Atheism is an "anti" group that comes into existence because of a specific claim. It is not a religion.

Sorry, it is. Atheism pushes a specific doctrine and pushes that doctrine. Its believers have all the hallmarks of a religion. As I said on other occasions, I once knew an atheist who went to church every week. And atheism is a belief based on something that cannot be proven.

Quote:
if you want to state all disbeliefs in claims form a counter religion, that's up to you. Sounds ridiculous to me.

Agnostic would be just disbelief. Atheism is an affirmative belief system, also about the most intolerant belief system.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2014 at 4:14:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And atheism is a belief based on something that cannot be proven.

So is religion. Are you just being ironic?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2014 at 4:31:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
So is religion. Are you just being ironic?

No, pointing out the similarities.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2014 at 5:17:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Sorry, it is. Atheism pushes a specific doctrine and pushes that doctrine. Its believers have all the hallmarks of a religion. As I said on other occasions, I once knew an atheist who went to church every week. And atheism is a belief based on something that cannot be proven.

So your a convert of anti-climate change? It's your religion?

Being a non-believer does not a religion make.

Quote:
Agnostic would be just disbelief. Atheism is an affirmative belief system, also about the most intolerant belief system.

The degree of disbelief rises against the size of and proproganda of religious believers. You think atheism would spend any effort acting against nothing?

This is like you ranting about climate change, without the whole climate change thing existing. Everyone would be saying in absence of climate change science, what are you going on about. It would make no sense.

Don't blame atheism for it's force of disagreement. Its' the billions of people affirming something without evidence that bring that on.
November 14th, 2014 at 5:26:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Just for kicks. Being a theist is not a religion either. Much like an atheist.

The only reason I say this is for people who have the simplest belief in a higher power with no further qualification or explanation. While it is a religious belief by definition, I don't think it qualifies as a religion. It has no practices, dogma, , it's barely a thought, which only takes a few words to express.

So theist itself is not religion, nor is atheism.
Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »