Google: People Also Ask

May 15th, 2024 at 4:15:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 190
Do you think mocking birds aren't just imitating other bird calls, but redefining them to talk to each other?

Apparently orangutangs can modulate one sound to produce different messages.

Just made me wonder how figuring out language/communication can be less than straight forward.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2024 at 4:28:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
we are old school regarding how much should be spent on a pet at the Vet, although one never knows what's next with the wife. Then there's the below

>>>

Did the UK kill pets in ww2?

The Forgotten History of the British Pet Holocaust ...
A British governmental committee recommended that pet dogs and cats be put to death to conserve food resources. Within the first four days of WWII, 400,000 pet dogs and cats were slaughtered. Later the government used relationships with pets as examples of British resilience, and erased the pet holocaust from memory.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 16th, 2024 at 3:19:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I'll only say there are certain people who really stay busy

>>>

Why is Disney erasing Tinker Bell?

The team found the Tinker Bell character to be both “body conscious” and “jealous of Peter Pan's attention.”
May 16th, 2024 at 5:10:29 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Do you think mocking birds aren't just imitating other bird calls, but redefining them to talk to each other?

One was perched for six weeks outside our bedroom window.

I counted fourteen different calls ranging from a cat whistle to a car alarm.

"wee-ooo wee-ooo weeo-ooo weet weet weet ohh-wee ooh-wee ooh-wee weet weet weet" Six weeks of that and thirteen other calls every night until dawn non-stop for six weeks.
May 16th, 2024 at 6:40:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 53
Quote: odiousgambit
we are old school regarding how much should be spent on a pet at the Vet, although one never knows what's next with the wife. Then there's the below

This hits home. My wife spent $1700 on one dogs vet appointments this month. There was no no surgery or procedures just diagnostics.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 16th, 2024 at 7:05:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
One was perched for six weeks outside our bedroom window.

I counted fourteen different calls ranging from a cat whistle to a car alarm.

"wee-ooo wee-ooo weeo-ooo weet weet weet ohh-wee ooh-wee ooh-wee weet weet weet" Six weeks of that and thirteen other calls every night until dawn non-stop for six weeks.

I was suddenly curious how high birds nest on high rises. NYC apparently has some friendly building bird laws up to 75ft.

Another trivial fact. Male birds often start nests to attract females, but females ultimately decide on the final location.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2024 at 8:51:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: DRich
This hits home. My wife spent $1700 on one dogs vet appointments this month. There was no no surgery or procedures just diagnostics.
that's the sort of money that would have me saying 'no' but perhaps to no avail , getting overruled by the wife

On the other hand, easily what we are spending per year on medication for the dog, if not more ... the critter takes the award for the most expensive pill of the household. Don't know how much it is, wife says it's a lot and I'm afraid to ask
May 16th, 2024 at 9:50:26 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I was suddenly curious how high birds nest on high rises. NYC apparently has some friendly building bird laws up to 75ft.

Falcons prefer to nest on 200 ft. high locations such as bridge towers, where they can see for miles and gain speed to dive bomb their prey at a very high velocity.

I've seen that.

"They are aerial hunters and will drop down on their prey from high above in amazing dives (called “stoops”) that can start 300 – 3000 feet above their prey and reach speeds of over 200 mph. Because of this, they have been reported to be the world’s fastest bird."

Live cam nest of falcon chicks here

Hawks nest much lower at up to 70'. There was one nesting for years on a window ledge where Mary Tyler Moore lived on the Upper East Side . People on the street used to cheer when they saw the hawk flying to the nest with its talons clutching a rat.

The parrots prefer telephone poles and steeples where they build massive stick nests and live in large communities.
May 18th, 2024 at 5:37:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
came across this somehow. Does a work-around for the inexhaustible fish miracle

>>>

was Jesus a vegan?

In modern terms, Jesus was a vegan. If we are to be true to the spirit of Jesus' teachings, we must make it our mission to spread this message of compassion far and wide. Keith Akers [PETA evidently] has been speaking and writing about vegetarianism and vegan living for four decades.

Was Jesus Vegan?
PETA LAMBS
May 18th, 2024 at 6:05:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
came across this somehow. Does a work-around for the inexhaustible fish miracle

And fish brought into existence just to be immediately eaten? They didn't even get a decent fishy existence. Nor very PETA worthy argument.