Dog Talk

July 19th, 2020 at 12:33:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Drug sniffing cat.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-department-announces-new-drug-sniffing-cat-to-fight-crime/

I would guess that cats are as smart as dogs or smarter. Just because we can't train themmeans very little. They are training us.

So, like one?
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2020 at 12:59:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems like a snake would be a good choice for drug searches. Don't know about their nose ability though.

Imagine the Narc squad breaking down your door to release the drug sniffing snake? Then they can't find it. Like a Borat prank.

'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:23:29 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
How do I get my dog to gain weight.

My dog is very tall and skinny and I want him to gain some weight. He is about 18 months old and should be fully grown by now. When he stands on his back legs he is about my height (5'10") yet he only weighs 65 pounds. I already feed him excessive amounts of dog food and people food but it isn't helping.

My other dog is a Black Lab and is very much overweight.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:52:02 AM permalink
rxwine
How do I get my dog to gain weight.

My dog is very tall and skinny and I want him to gain some weight. He is about 18 months old and should be fully grown by now. When he stands on his back legs he is about my height (5'10") yet he only weighs 65 pounds. I already feed him excessive amounts of dog food and people food but it isn't helping.

My other dog is a Black Lab and is very much overweight.

What breed is the skinny one?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2020 at 12:13:37 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
What breed is the skinny one?

He appears to be a German Shepard and Greyhound mix but we aren't positive. His coloring is German Shepard but he is tall and thin like a Greyhound.
September 22nd, 2020 at 12:53:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Why do you want him to gain weight? 65lbs is a pretty heavy dog.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:05:54 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
Why do you want him to gain weight? 65lbs is a pretty heavy dog.

He is very tall, long, and skinny. I think if he adds 15 to 20 pounds he would look filled out. He is about twice the height of our Lab and much longer and weighs about 30 pounds less. Yes, the Lab is overweight but the Shepherd just looks sickly skinny. To be fair, I have never had a Greyhound and just assume his body takes after that. He is probably the proper weight for a Greyhound but as a Shepherd he looks sickly.
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:13:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Beef him up with dog armor

https://www.deviantart.com/artisansdazure/art/Dog-armour-651434152

You're probably going to make him fat sooner or later anyway, if you're pigging him out. It will happen as he gets older. Although genetics may be playing a role here.
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:18:50 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Beef him up with dog armor

https://www.deviantart.com/artisansdazure/art/Dog-armour-651434152

You're probably going to make him fat sooner or later anyway, if you're pigging him out. It will happen as he gets older. Although genetics may be playing a role here.

Thanks, I will look into that. Obviously I don't want him too fat just filled out a little. (LOL, I just looked at it. I won't be trying that)

This picture shows how long he is as he takes up all three cushions on the couch.

September 22nd, 2020 at 1:22:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
He is very tall, long, and skinny. I think if he adds 15 to 20 pounds he would look filled out. He is about twice the height of our Lab and much longer and weighs about 30 pounds less. Yes, the Lab is overweight but the Shepherd just looks sickly skinny. To be fair, I have never had a Greyhound and just assume his body takes after that. He is probably the proper weight for a Greyhound but as a Shepherd he looks sickly.

You might just be used to looking at overweight dogs, which most in the USA are. As long as he is not being underfed I would leave well enough alone.
The President is a fink.