Page 4 of 6<123456>
June 24th, 2015 at 3:41:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
The left is not buying her books,

Wanna bet? And at any given time, 30%-40%
of Limbaugh's listeners are Libs.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2015 at 3:55:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman
I think there is some truth to the claim that growing up in a country gives you some insite that is very difficult to achieve when you didn't grow up in the culture of that country.

Oh, unquestionably. But the comment was on history. And I will tell you this: an outsider has a better chance of learning another country's history without the biases of the native born. I will admit in many cases, if not most, this can mean with a different set of biases.

Quote:
To turn it around Nareed do you truely believe that I could learn to understand all the nuances of Mexican culture, politics and history from books as well as you do?

Better. I'm largely and purposefully ignorant of much concerning Mexican culture and politics.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 24th, 2015 at 3:58:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: reno
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but we're such a diverse nation, it's extremely difficult to pin down what constitutes American culture.

That's a good point.

Let's take a simple contrast: would someone raised in, say, rural Georgia have a different view of the USCW and the Confederate battle flag than someone raised in, for example, rural Pennsylvania?
June 24th, 2015 at 4:03:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Wanna bet? And at any given time, 30%-40%
of Limbaugh's listeners are Libs.

Hmm
bet?
You caught me Evenbob :-)
Maybe I should reword my statement, it is a bit broad I admit (The left is not buying her books),.I'm sure somebody on the left is buying it simply for fact checking purposes.
Most of her income from book sales are from conservatives. That's better.
30 to 40% of Rushes listeners are Libs? Don't these people have anything better to do with there time :-)
This is a stat I have to say I believe is wrong.
How is this stat measured? Is this from Arbitron?
Please cite reference for 30% to 40%, that's pretty incredible and unbelievable.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 24th, 2015 at 4:06:52 PM permalink
Nareed
The left is not buying her books, we are too busy laughing at her :-) LOL

Largely true. But, having an independent bend of mind, I'm constantly amazed how much time Liberal bloggers spend on conservative websites, and vice versa for conservative bloggers on Liberal sites. In fact, according to the latter, 99.99999%+ of all media (books, movies, magazines, TV shows, newspapers, TV news, cable news, cable channels, advertisements, sports leagues (one assumes), and soda labels among other things) is Liberal.

That last rates a ROFL, at least.

I think the remaining minuscule percentage is RINO :)
June 24th, 2015 at 4:24:57 PM permalink
Evenbob

This is a stat I have to say I believe is wrong.

Who cares what you believe. And a huge part
of FoxNews audience is Lib also.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2015 at 4:32:04 PM permalink
terapined
Who cares what you believe. And a huge part
of FoxNews audience is Lib also.

???? Did you visit Colorado recently :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 25th, 2015 at 7:27:02 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
And at any given time, 30%-40% of Limbaugh's listeners are Libs.

How did you come up with this statistic? Source?

June 25th, 2015 at 12:00:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
These polls are very unreliable, Libs
lie thru their teeth about how much
right wing media they consume.
June 25th, 2015 at 12:29:37 PM permalink
terapined
These polls are very unreliable, Libs
lie thru their teeth about how much
right wing media they consume.

I never watch Foxnews

Evenbob's mind at work, hmm terapined does not watch fox = terapined watches fox 24/7

You got me Bob, I don't sleep, I don't work, I don't eat, I just consume Foxnews 24/7 LOL
Now I am lying :-)

Bottom line, I cant even watch MSNBC, its terrible, right up there with foxnews.
Page 4 of 6<123456>