Do it yourself

August 20th, 2021 at 6:44:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I thought the first five years or so of the show was great. It definitely went down hill but it was still a solid show..

The last two or three seasons were really bad because Alan Alda who is a super liberal took over the writing and producing and instead of being funny the episodes were preachy and boring. I pretty much stopped watching after Radar left. The guy who took his place who wore a dress all the time was just stupid. The Army never would have allowed that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2021 at 6:48:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I thought the first five years or so of the show was great. It definitely went down hill but it was still a solid show. I thought they did a good job replacing the characters of Frank Burns and Henry Blake.

If they had not replaced Blake with Potter the series might have ended after year 5 or so. Potter gave new dimensions and knew how to handle Burns. They were going to have Sidney be a regular when Radar left but did not do so. The show changed from a black comedy that was great at firsts to a comedic drama the last few seasons. It became a show that tried to tackle some issues and give a "lesson" every week, by then we were watching it because you watched MASH not because it was good.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 12:41:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is what real men do on a 75 ° day in September, we ride around on the John Deere. Very enjoyable.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 11th, 2021 at 1:20:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
This is what real men do on a 75 ° day in September, we ride around on the John Deere. Very enjoyable.

I am not denying that you enjoy it, but that sounds like hell to me. How long does it take to do the whole property?

Sitting on the couch watching college football while sipping sweet tea and eating peanut butter filled pretzels is my kind of Saturday.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 11th, 2021 at 1:54:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Sitting on the couch watching college football while sipping sweet tea and eating peanut butter filled pretzels is my kind of Saturday.

When you have property more stuff to do. But I like having a small yard more than a condo or apartment. They make you lazy.

However, taking a nice convertible ride is a great fall Saturday. Add in some hot tub time. Then watch some bets, er, football. I need a sweatshirt that says "Point Spread U."
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 2:38:41 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
When you have property more stuff to do. But I like having a small yard more than a condo or apartment. They make you lazy.

However, taking a nice convertible ride is a great fall Saturday. Add in some hot tub time. Then watch some bets, er, football. I need a sweatshirt that says "Point Spread U."

I have property I just choose to pay someone to do all of my work because I am lazy and I can afford it. I lent my lawnmower to a friend over 25 years ago and haven't seen it since. Sadly, this is the first time in my adult life that I don't have a convertible. I do miss them.
September 11th, 2021 at 2:48:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Sadly, this is the first time in my adult life that I don't have a convertible. I do miss them.

So hard to explain convertibles to people not into them. My dad had one first car I can remember, always loved them. Thing is if I have a highway trip and someone is coming along half the time I don't want to bother as I know they will be whining to put the top up within an hour. It is my dream to go coast to coast top down the whole way.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 2:55:14 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
So hard to explain convertibles to people not into them. My dad had one first car I can remember, always loved them. Thing is if I have a highway trip and someone is coming along half the time I don't want to bother as I know they will be whining to put the top up within an hour. It is my dream to go coast to coast top down the whole way.

I don;t enjoy interstate trips with the top down as the traffic is just noise to me.
September 11th, 2021 at 3:16:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I don;t enjoy interstate trips with the top down as the traffic is just noise to me.

Best kind of trip, out on the open road. Love it.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2021 at 3:57:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob

What, you don't have a car to "ride around" in?

Mowers are for mowing, EB, not joy riding.

Maybe you're like this guy...

drunken lawn mower driver

I must be an unreal man as the wife and I drove our CX-5 Turbo to the mountains today and left the mower in the shed.

Maybe next time ...