Do it yourself

September 13th, 2021 at 4:13:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Lots of places ban above ground now. Almost a two year wait for an in ground these days.

People also filled in their in-ground pools because once the kids left they hardly ever used it but as soon as the kids started having their own kids here they were three or four days a week at Grandma and Grandpa's being a giant pain in the ass in the pool. So they started to fill them in and that took care of that. Being a grandparent is not like they show on TV commercials. Where the grandparents are all happy and loving and playful. To many grandparents grandchildren are just a royal pain in the rear.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 13th, 2021 at 4:30:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
People also filled in their in-ground pools because once the kids left they hardly ever used it but as soon as the kids started having their own kids here they were three or four days a week at Grandma and Grandpa's being a giant pain in the ass in the pool. So they started to fill them in and that took care of that. Being a grandparent is not like they show on TV commercials. Where the grandparents are all happy and loving and playful. To many grandparents grandchildren are just a royal pain in the rear.

I know a guy got rid of his because his son kept bringing his gay friends over. My cousin inherited his when his parents died he was too young and traveled so kept it covered. I think he uses it now.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2021 at 5:56:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
I know a guy got rid of his because his son kept bringing his gay friends over. My cousin inherited his when his parents died he was too young and traveled so kept it covered. I think he uses it now.
Ours is a gunnite pool with pop up system, filtered, with a heater when desired. So it's relatively easy to take care of, if a person wants. Me personally, I've cleaned enough pools to last me forever. Chlorinated, acid added etc.. Been through "the pool guy", who always comes the day before a big blow.

But if someone wants one of these things, this is the country to have one in, my ex pool guy say's there are ten thousand pools here in Havasu, the paper says the population just surpassed 53k without snowbirds. It was 113 today, and yesterday and the day before that. There's nothing pleasant about a pool at 113, your head burns or wear a hat or or or, but you have to get out, and your flesh dries so fast if gives you goose bumps all over.

Pools, like a lot of things are for young people. If I had kids sure, my grandkids will be here for a week when it cools off sure, but other than that, I don't want to mess with one anymore. I'd rather live in a 55 plus community, pool or not, get together room with pool table etc. I don't want to take care of yards any more, i did it, I did acres of it. I need to put my feet up. And no steps.

It's more fun watching my adult children deal with their children and keep them doing good. Which they are. About ten trucks of gravel would fix this pool situation.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 13th, 2021 at 7:44:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
We rarely use our pool but the wife insists the new house have one. We will be 2000 miles from the kids and grandkids so it may never get used.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 13th, 2021 at 9:51:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
We rarely use our pool but the wife insists the new house have one. We will be 2000 miles from the kids and grandkids so it may never get used.
I've seen some folks are renting their pools out like Air B&B. Win win.
September 14th, 2021 at 10:38:50 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: petroglyph
I've seen some folks are renting their pools out like Air B&B. Win win.

I wouldn't consider having strangers in my yard as a win.
September 14th, 2021 at 12:40:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Quote:
Airbnb hosts make, on average, about $924 a month, according to research from low-interest lender Earnest.

Maybe Drich could get a better retirement home with the exra money.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 14th, 2021 at 1:01:25 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Maybe Drich could get a better retirement home with the exra money.

I have an offer in on a house today. The offer expires today so hopefully I hear something either way.
September 14th, 2021 at 1:49:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
I hear what you're saying. But some folks like being able to share their beautiful sculpted pool palaces with others. I would hate to ever have to have a roommate again, other than my wife. I just saw the suggestion on the evening news, I wouldn't want strangers peeing in my pool either.
September 14th, 2021 at 2:13:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Never had a pool, any kind of cool. Always seems like way too much work to me for what I would get out of it. And people who have pools all they do is bitch about it all the time .I feel the same way about boats. My brother-in-law has a boat on Lake Michigan it is just one hassle after another. For what, so he can enjoy it a few weeks in the summer? Not worth my time
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.