New WoV Format

Page 4 of 7<1234567>
July 25th, 2015 at 6:56:16 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
I didn't like the old format, and I don't like the new format. No big deal.
July 25th, 2015 at 7:07:50 AM permalink
teliot
Threads: 0
Quote: Wizard
You can be sure that the look of this site won't change. It has yet to make penny one so I'm in no mood to invest money into it anyway.
Are you saying that the advertisement on the top for Brandon Phillips is a freebie?
"error: 'cout' was not declared in this scope" -- g++
July 25th, 2015 at 7:21:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Holy crap. It's so white and the text is so thin and light, I get major eye strain there in 5 min.

Precisely. I can't read it, why do they need a "consultant" to tell them to use a larger and more dense typeface.
July 25th, 2015 at 10:09:41 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Fleastiff
Precisely. I can't read it, why do they need a "consultant" to tell them to use a larger and more dense typeface.

They don't, but to me it's clear they don't know how to UI and functionally test a website. Apparently PMs aren't working, mark up in messages aren't working, blocking isn't working. But they can't test 'every little thing'. Makes it amateur hour. I can understand a one man show like Mike having a few teething troubles as he gets bespoke forum software up and running, I don't when professional web developers screw up that hard.

I've seen 'professional' web site designers charge clients thousands of dollars for new websites, only for half the links to stop working, or go to the wrong page. That's pitiful. If your car mechanic forgot to put the spark plugs back in to your car, you'd be gob-smacked when you got back in the car and it didn't start. You'd not expect him to say 'oh just a few bugs to work out'.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 25th, 2015 at 12:26:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
I'd certainly be open to a paid position, even if it required (and it would) doing other things than I currently am. I just couldn't imagine it happening. They're business types, and I'm already doing the job for free =p

You can ask.

If they say no, you'll be no worse off.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 25th, 2015 at 1:57:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's less bright now and the font is darker,
but the light blue font on the forum page
is very hard to read and gives me a headache
if I look at it for long. So I zap over and read
few thread titles and zap out. If they don't
fix it, I'm done there. Oh well.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 25th, 2015 at 8:39:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: teliot
Are you saying that the advertisement on the top for Brandon Phillips is a freebie?

Yes, it was. I was hoping it would be bait to get a paid advertiser for the other side but nobody has ever asked about it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 26th, 2015 at 10:38:36 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
Yes, it was. I was hoping it would be bait to get a paid advertiser for the other side but nobody has ever asked about it.

I thought about it, but my business is of 0 interest to anyone here :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 26th, 2015 at 2:15:37 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Ya know, it occurred to me that there was a bit of a push-back regarding the formatting HERE when DT first got launched...

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/91/0/
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
July 26th, 2015 at 2:26:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Ya know, it occurred to me that there was a bit of a push-back regarding the formatting HERE when DT first got launched...

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/91/0/

Almost none of the people in that thread
post here anymore. Weird..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 7<1234567>