New WoV Format

Page 5 of 7« First<234567>
July 26th, 2015 at 2:43:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Ya know, it occurred to me that there was a bit of a push-back regarding the formatting HERE when DT first got launched...

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/91/0/

I remembered that, but most of the beef seemed to be along the lines of "pick a scheme and keep it!" Amazing how just changing colors affects the user experience so much.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2015 at 6:23:53 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
Almost none of the people in that thread
post here anymore. Weird..

OMG the last guy to post there was monkeymonkey ... is it possible?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 28th, 2015 at 2:34:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I can't tell if WoV is going to continue to make changes for the better there, or if they're close to done.

I guess it isn't all that bad, but it is bad enough ... I still don't like the background and the way you surf around now. I doubt that I will continue to go there all that much. I can't seem to adjust to the changes generally.

All for the people with smart phones I guess. I might surprise myself, but I have no intention of joining their ranks, so this makes me really resent the need for the change too.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 28th, 2015 at 12:17:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit

I guess it isn't all that bad, but it is bad enough ... .

Frankly, I've never seen such a poorly designed
site. It looks cheap, like it's somebody's first
attempt. It's hard to see, hard to navigate, and
hard on the eyes. It will drive people away, wait
and see.

I just went there for the first time today. After
about 15sec, a voice inside my head is saying
'hurry up hurry up hurry up' and get out of
here. There is nothing soothing or welcoming
about it, it triggers the flight response in me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2015 at 1:00:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Once the Internet ventured beyond the simple link it all went downhill. : )

How many people here were surfing the Internet when it seemed all personal sites. It was the early web.

Sure there were government sites, but mostly you were moving from one private space to another.

I say private, as in one person operation rented from a company and you got a couple mb to build a web page.

There were some discussion areas, like Greenspun was an early one. I posted on there for awhile. You could form a group and call it something and people might show up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2015 at 1:05:26 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
How many people here were surfing the Internet when it seemed all personal sites. It was the early web.

Remember Geocities?

There were a few interesting sites which are long gone. Some have hung on, though mostly not personal sites per se. In part blogs today replace personal sites. But only in part.

Nothing prevents anyone from setting up a personal site, either. Granted free domains are long gone, but it's not expensive to get one. HTML editing tools are available free.

Remember when some domains went for a fortune?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 28th, 2015 at 1:22:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
Remember Geocities?

Yes!

Had one of those. I had an unpaid one -- talk about slow loading.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2015 at 1:56:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Had one of those. I had an unpaid one -- talk about slow loading.

I had one, too. I don't even recall what I put in it. Except a button that would play "The Funniest Vorlon Joke Ever!" What it did was play a .WAV file of Vorlon "speech" (more like an intelligible but musical sound), followed by "It cracks the Vorlons up."

That was when Babylon 5 was on the air.... About three years ago? :)

Later I tried to set up a site with book reviews, which would serve as a link to Amazon. It never had much traffic...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 29th, 2015 at 7:23:36 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
Remember Geocities?

There were a few interesting sites which are long gone. Some have hung on, though mostly not personal sites per se. In part blogs today replace personal sites. But only in part.

Nothing prevents anyone from setting up a personal site, either. Granted free domains are long gone, but it's not expensive to get one. HTML editing tools are available free.

Remember when some domains went for a fortune?

They still do. Just less likely to move around now, as they are capitalized. It's not the wild west any more.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 29th, 2015 at 7:55:27 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Oh, there's still more bugs... profiles can't be updated, among others.

This is after a week or so. Sorry, Zuga's web development team is a joke.

This is 'we can't test every little thing'. This is 'we tested nothing at all'. And all the Wovvers are doing it for free. Terrible, terrible management.

I've only looked at the redesign thread. I can't be bothered to log in again. I think my time is done there.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 5 of 7« First<234567>