Defund Planned Parenthood

May 25th, 2016 at 3:15:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Secondly, you comparing a developing human being to an apple tree is beyond appalling.

I find abortion at any time repugnant. It's
not responsible behavior if it happened
because the mother wasn't careful enough
with birth control. There should be a massive
fine involved, just like we have for drunk
driving or socking somebody in the face if
your angry. It should be made a crime, maybe
people would think twice before acting impulsively.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2016 at 3:20:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I find abortion at any time repugnant. It's
not responsible behavior if it happened
because the mother wasn't careful enough
with birth control.

LMAO

Blame the woman.

Typical conservative nonsense.

Why wasn't the man careful enough with a condom?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2016 at 3:30:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
LMAO

Blame the woman.

Because that is who is at fault in the end. There are multiple forms of birth control for women but only one for men. Women know their cycles, men at very best might have an idea if they have been together long enough. Generally speaking, women that get pregnant wanted to do so. Not all that rarely to trap the man. Women know that they will have to raise the kid, men might know they will have to write a check if they walk but many are too stupid to realize that.

Sorry if that cold water destroys your visions of rainbows and unicorns, but that is how it is.
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2016 at 3:35:21 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Because that is who is at fault in the end. There are multiple forms of birth control for women but only one for men. Women know their cycles, men at very best might have an idea if they have been together long enough. Generally speaking, women that get pregnant wanted to do so. Not all that rarely to trap the man. Women know that they will have to raise the kid, men might know they will have to write a check if they walk but many are too stupid to realize that.

Sorry if that cold water destroys your visions of rainbows and unicorns, but that is how it is.

Are you against abortion?

I would love to see someone with those fringe views you just expressed try to explain how they can also be against abortion.
May 25th, 2016 at 3:41:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Are you against abortion?

I would love to see someone with those fringe views you just expressed try to explain how they can also be against abortion.

It is not a big issue for me but I do think that the higher the abortion rate the more sickly and in collapse the society is. IOW, it is a symptom more than a cause.

But let me explain it another way. Liberals lecture us that "it is the woman's body!" Well, if this is the case then it is her responsibility when she gets pregnant. Simple enough concept!
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2016 at 3:44:51 PM permalink
ams288
But let me explain it another way. Liberals lecture us that "it is the woman's body!" Well, if this is the case then it is her responsibility when she gets pregnant. Simple enough concept!

Yes, very simple concept. It is her body..... So let her get an abortion if she makes that choice for herself.

And tell the creepy right wingers to mind their own business.
May 25th, 2016 at 3:49:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
It is even more scary to me that you haven't issued a retraction

Why would I retract a defense of fundamental rights?

Quote:
or some explanation like you were drunk of something.

I made a principled defense of fundamental rights. I did not do something really crazy like pray.

Quote:
What if I went out into your yard and dug up the seed that was to grow into an apple tree? Would it still be wrong and should I still go to prison for it?

Should you? Yes, in principle. Theft is theft. Would you? Probably not. it's not like the theft of an apple seed can be linked to "the WAR on DRUGS!!!!!" And that would be the only way to prosecute someone for stealing something like one seed.

Quote:
Secondly, you comparing a developing human being to an apple tree is beyond appalling.

Beam, mote, eye.

Didn't the object of your adoration do something much worse to a couple who ate an apple?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 25th, 2016 at 3:53:54 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Yes, very simple concept. It is her body..... So let her get an abortion if she makes that choice for herself.

I'm 100% in favor of letting the man make the decision, if he can also carry the child to term in his womb.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 25th, 2016 at 3:53:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman

And tell the creepy right wingers to mind their own business.

So you are saying there should be zero restrictions on abortion, all her choice?
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2016 at 4:05:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So you are saying there should be zero restrictions on abortion, all her choice?

I always found it odd that killing somebody
with your car while drunk driving is a crime, but
killing a fetus isn't. Makes no sense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.