Defund Planned Parenthood

May 26th, 2016 at 6:15:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that those who ignore science and logic in regards to abortion also ignore history.

While you and the church, on the other hand, make up science to suit your belief.

See, you're no different from conspiracy theorists. You start with a conclusion, then cherry-pick, mangle, distort, FUBAR and twist any and all available evidence and knowledge to suit your conclusion.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 26th, 2016 at 6:25:01 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm curious what science of the developing human person has been FUBARed to support the idea that we should not kill people in the womb? At conception we have the necessary and new human genome which is the unique combination from our parents. In less than two weeks we have the beginning of a nervous system and at 18 days a beating heart.

I empathize with those who want abortion for personal reasons, but like atheism, we cannot say something is true based only on emotions and feelings.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 26th, 2016 at 6:34:58 AM permalink
Nareed
I'm curious what science of the developing human person has been FUBARed to support the idea that we should not kill people in the womb?

I'm curious why you would think terming an embryo "people" is not putting the conclusion before inquiry.
May 26th, 2016 at 6:39:48 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
I'm curious why you would think terming an embryo "people" is not putting the conclusion before inquiry.

Fair enough.

I'm curious what science of the developing human person has been FUBARed to support the idea that we should kill human embryos in the womb?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 26th, 2016 at 6:55:55 AM permalink
Nareed
I'm curious what science of the developing human person has been FUBARed to support the idea that we should kill human embryos in the womb?

How is equating those who uphold the right to bodily autonomy equal to indiscriminate elimination of all embryos, not putting a conclusion before inquiry?
May 26th, 2016 at 7:07:35 AM permalink
FrGamble
How is equating those who uphold the right to bodily autonomy equal to indiscriminate elimination of all embryos, not putting a conclusion before inquiry?

How is using the right to bodily autonomy to deny that autonomy to a unique developing human person not putting a conclusion before inquiry?

Also why do you use the euphemism "elimination" when you really mean the killing of an embryo? Do you not think an embryo is alive?
May 26th, 2016 at 7:14:45 AM permalink
Nareed
How is using the right to bodily autonomy to deny that autonomy to a unique developing human person not putting a conclusion before inquiry?

How much autonomous action has been observed in first trimester fetuses?

Quote:
Do you not think an embryo is alive?

A while back you seemed to think sperm and ova were not alive.
May 26th, 2016 at 7:59:32 AM permalink
FrGamble
How much autonomous action has been observed in first trimester fetuses?

Well as I've mentioned the creation of a nervous system, a beating heart, and many other developments. There is more action taking place in our development in the first trimester than probably any other time in our lives.

Quote:
A while back you seemed to think sperm and ova were not alive.

Yes and you corrected me thanks for that. Now back to an embryo, is it alive? Is it developing into a human person? Then why kill it?
May 26th, 2016 at 8:19:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Now back to an embryo, is it alive? Is it developing into a human person? Then why kill it?

Unborn children are killed out of convenience.
To be an abortionist, I can't think of a nastier
or more abhorrent job. How would you live
with yourself, killing humans as an occupation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2016 at 8:19:26 AM permalink
Nareed
There is more action taking place in our development in the first trimester than probably any other time in our lives.

That's not in the same solar system as the definition of "autonomy"

Quote:
Now back to an embryo, is it alive?

The range of things, organisms, cells, etc. that are alive is too broad to make "alive" a broad criterion for anything other than classification and, when warranted, treatment.

Quote:
Then why kill it?

There aren't as many reasons as there are women who decide to abort, but the number of reasons is indeed large.