Yet another aviation thread.

April 24th, 2019 at 2:29:00 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Aussie

Except that mine is international to domestic so I will have to deal with customs and immigration. My wife will also have to get her bag and re-check it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 24th, 2019 at 2:29:50 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Go to seatguru.com
My clients use it, I use it. Fabulous website
Hopefully not on the last connection of the day
I often advise clients of next flight out of ATL if they miss their connection so they know ahead of time

What SeatGuru doesn't show is which boarding doors will they use on the 757 in Atlanta. In other words will they be exiting by door near row 1 or door near row 5.
April 24th, 2019 at 2:32:39 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined

Hopefully not on the last connection of the day
I often advise clients of next flight out of ATL if they miss their connection so they know ahead of time

Sadly, yes it is the last flight of the night to Vegas. I am already anticipating spending the night in Atlanta and catching one of the many flights in the morning.
April 24th, 2019 at 3:29:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
What SeatGuru doesn't show is which boarding doors will they use on the 757 in Atlanta. In other words will they be exiting by door near row 1 or door near row 5.

Probably row 1
Business class able to exit first
The captain , head flight attendant or both can eyeball the people boarding.
Every single aisle I've flown, board and exit by the cockpit

Also, being on the last flight, who knows, it might be delayed
The later in the day you fly, the better the chance your flight might be delayed
Its been flying around all day and maybe delayed prior to arriving in ATL to fly to LAS
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 24th, 2019 at 9:07:28 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Except that mine is international to domestic so I will have to deal with customs and immigration. My wife will also have to get her bag and re-check it.

Sorry thought it was the other way around. Will depend where you’re coming from but 1hr25min MCT. Cutting it fine. Flights on the same booking?
May 6th, 2019 at 12:16:21 PM permalink
DRich
I was a little concerned when I just read that a Challenger 601 from Las Vegas to Mexico crashed yesterday. Our company has a Challenger 601 and it was going from Las Vegas to Mexico yesterday. Fortunately ours landed safely but it was still a scare because friends and co-workers were on the plane.
May 6th, 2019 at 2:36:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
News media often like to do the 'breaking news' routine but may not realize that lack of details makes more members of the public concerned.
May 16th, 2019 at 7:41:59 AM permalink
DRich
Tomorrows begins the adventure of my biggest aviation score ever.

About a year ago I found a mistake price fare for round trip tickets on a Delta flight from Phoenix to St. Martin (SXM). I bought three tickets. Due to a bunch of cancelled flights and route changes and date changes I sent an email to the CEO of Delta. I explained what a cluster***k it was. He ended up making some changes and upgrading us to First Class.

I am now leaving from Las Vegas instead of Phoenix and we have first class seats on all four legs. We also have access to the Delta SkyClub during our layovers.

Not a bad score for $30 a ticket for 10 days in the Caribbean.
May 16th, 2019 at 9:30:16 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Tomorrows begins the adventure of my biggest aviation score ever.

That has me beat. I always thought my best score ever was taking credit for being bumped at the last minute while my luggage was on the original flight. On my new flight I got on the second leg early (I had no luggage) and beat the original connection. So I earned a free ticket and I made it back even earlier than planned (although I had to wait for my luggage).

I assume by four legs you mean two legs in each direction: Vegas-ATL and ATL-St. Martaan.
May 16th, 2019 at 10:18:36 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Pacomartin

I assume by four legs you mean two legs in each direction: Vegas-ATL and ATL-St. Martaan.

That is correct.