Refugees in Germany -- Crisis or Much Needed Labor?

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
November 12th, 2015 at 3:37:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

"The German government is so fearful of being labeled inhumane towards asylum seekers that it errs on the side of appeasement. But appeasement merely legitimizes actions that would in other countries attract the full force of the law."

Same thing is happening in the USA except here it is about a history of slavery. Western society is done for. Things will probably last through my and our time, but after that, the deluge will come.
The President is a fink.
November 12th, 2015 at 4:46:34 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Same thing is happening in the USA except here it is about a history of slavery.

Only 4% of the African slaves went to British North America . Just as many Congolese were murdered or worked to death in the Belgian Congo than were brought to all of the Americas in the entire history of the Atlantic Slave Trade. USA had nothing to do wit the rush to take over Africa after the export of chattel slaves was finished.

While slavery is a significant part of USA history, there is no reason to equate the history of African Slave Trade with USA. USA was just a small part of the entire picture.
November 12th, 2015 at 2:54:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Only 4% of the African slaves went to British North America . Just as many Congolese were murdered or worked to death in the Belgian Congo than were brought to all of the Americas in the entire history of the Atlantic Slave Trade. USA had nothing to do wit the rush to take over Africa after the export of chattel slaves was finished.

While slavery is a significant part of USA history, there is no reason to equate the history of African Slave Trade with USA. USA was just a small part of the entire picture.

That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that there are Americans so ashamed of slavery that anything is tolerated to "make up" for it.
The President is a fink.
November 12th, 2015 at 3:16:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that there are Americans so ashamed of slavery that anything is tolerated to "make up" for it.

That's what's happened in Germany. They
are so ashamed of the Holocaust that
they'll let their country be overrun
by Muslims and give up their sovereign
nation as a result. It's nuts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 7 of 7« First<4567