Simple question?

Thread Rating:

February 5th, 2016 at 9:21:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
Would you say the same thing if 100 people testified that Bill Cosby put drugs in their drinks and raped them?

Well, that's actually possible. As long as they don't say Cosby drugged and raped a 100 unicorns.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2016 at 9:33:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: rxwine
Well, that's actually possible. As long as they don't say Cosby drugged and raped a 100 unicorns.

What is not possible about saying that people can have a real impactful relationship with God?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 5th, 2016 at 9:47:07 PM permalink
rxwine
What is not possible about saying that people can have a real impactful relationship with God?

It's not the same as where we can say you had a relationship with a verifiable person, place or thing.

There's the extra problem in verifying that what you are doing is even possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2016 at 9:55:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
It's not the same as where we can say you had a relationship with a verifiable person, place or thing.

God is a verifiable historical person, Jesus Christ.

Quote:
There's the extra problem in verifying that what you are doing is even possible.

What is not possible about a relationship?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 5th, 2016 at 10:07:31 PM permalink
rxwine
God is a verifiable historical person, Jesus Christ.

So is my grandmother, but that doesn't mean I can have a conversation or relationship with her, as she is dead.

What happened today grandmother? (Kind of one -sided relationship.) What did she say? What did she do today? I've nothing to report.
February 5th, 2016 at 10:52:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Do you deny that the 20th century was the bloodiest and most violent in human history? Can you explain how it is flawed?

You-must-be-joking. You truly don't remember that
we beat this subject into the ground several times?
Over a period of months? Dalex had the best points,
as I recall.

Seriously. You don't remember? What would be the
point of doing it all over again, you think history
has changed to fit your dynamic now?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 5th, 2016 at 11:04:09 PM permalink
FrGamble
I remember some good points about claiming that these atheistic governments removed God they created a secular type of religion. Even if you weaken this evidence, and I'm not convinced anyone has, you still have quite a bit to deal with still.
February 5th, 2016 at 11:29:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You asked a question and I answered and
I want to know what your response is.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1586/61/#post45040
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2016 at 5:28:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The personal testimony of billions and billions of people, the impossibility of a real infinite regress,

More anecdotes and arguments won't transform into evidence by their sheer added weight.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 6th, 2016 at 5:44:40 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I remember some good points about claiming that these atheistic governments removed God they created a secular type of religion. Even if you weaken this evidence, and I'm not convinced anyone has, you still have quite a bit to deal with still.

This demonstrates:
God does not have to be real, for all of the religious societies who are worshiping false gods,
God does not have to be believed in, for cases of 'secular religion'
To have an effective means of controlling the behavior of people.

If you have multiple "good" religious societies that believe in and worship their gods, and we know that not all of their gods can be real, then you can see that god does not have to be real or be worshiped to have a "good" society. The societies that believe in and worship false gods still have "good" societies.

It is not required that a god is real for a god to be believed in and worshiped, and to affect the society of the believers.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan