Poll
No votes (0%)
7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

September 28th, 2016 at 2:45:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If they really want Mexico to pay for something, lay down some generating devices, like sidewalk and road material that generates electricity as people move or drive across it.

Or hand cranks. Do we need anything chopped or diced?

Or solving captchas?!

Just a wall, blah. That Trump is overrated.

Why is this topic so Strange? That Beyoncé half-time show is living forever.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 28th, 2016 at 3:33:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

To say that one side is more happy and one side is more angry is just absurd

Just saying what I have generally seen. Liberals are the ones always marching and chanting at one perceived injustice or another. Listen to BLM talk and you would think slavery never ended. Listen to a feminist talk and you would think that the law states women are baby making machines and are banned from making wages equal to men. They think they just cannot make it in life.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2016 at 4:08:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Just saying what I have generally seen. Liberals are the ones always marching and chanting at one perceived injustice or another. Listen to BLM talk and you would think slavery never ended. Listen to a feminist talk and you would think that the law states women are baby making machines and are banned from making wages equal to men. They think they just cannot make it in life.

again?
read my posts. lol
Its the old AZ illogical argument that extreme angry conservatives don't represent conservatives but angry extreme libs represent all liberals

I lived in the Washington DC area for a long time 1970-2003
Seen just about every issue regardless of left or right protested in DC
You think Libs have a monopoly on protests?
Obviously you have never lived in the DC area
I've seen it all, Conservative ,liberal, evangelical , NRA, against guns, pro abortion, against abortion, Jewish, Palestinian, ect
Every single one has an angry extreme wing
You cant possibly believe that there are no violent extremists against abortion. The whole anti abortion movement just seethes with anger.
Listen to Spock, get logical :-)

To be honest, you the conservative, have something in common with those that are angry and use violence
You are the one that supported the angry conservative sucker puncher
I'm a liberal, I speak out against hateful violence regardless if its on the left or right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2016 at 5:10:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
So what's inherently wrong with people of a different shade of skin or a different sexual orientation pressing for a fair deal and full recognition and protection of their rights?

As you know Nareed the devil is in the details. Your "fair", my "fair", some GOP nutwings "fair" and some professional left wings protestor "fair" will all be defined totally differently.

All most all issues come down to a 40/60 percent split. The 40% will always scream that they weren't properly consulted and that they were discriminated against.

I'm not even talking about you, but about the hard-core "base" of the GOP who are driving the agenda this election. The main stream media is driving the agenda because they won't leave the nutwing issues alone. The more they publicize the issues the more they get normalized. The exact same way any minority clambers to get media attention for their cause with protests, marches and staged events.

I think Trump will try to do either the wall, the mass deportations, or both, and it will be a disaster.

As I have said I don't agree.

This contradicts the clamor that "illegals" are stealing jobs.

We can cite studies, counter-studies, statistics, etc. The point is there was no lack of employment in the US with millions of "illegals" working and living there for decades, until the Great Recession hit. And what happened then is many "illegals" left the country.

If the US economy were to collapse so much that there were Americans lined up for the jobs you might be right. If not the reality of the need for the migrant workers will keep any serious change to the status quo. Trump probably has hundreds of migrants working for his many business' he knows the reality of the situation and if he gets in will act accordingly. Could change the rules but as you have already said they are completely screwed up now anyway and need fixing.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 29th, 2016 at 7:08:55 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
You need to work on quote tags. Your replies are hard to read and make sense of.

Quote: kenarman
Trump probably has hundreds of migrants working for his many business' he knows the reality of the situation and if he gets in will act accordingly.

Trump is the proud owner of a self-destructive personality, like Madoff.

His policy, such as it is, comes down to three things: 1) build the wall, 2) kick the Mexicans out, 3) shut down free trade.

Does he benefit from the last two and would be adversely affected by the first one? Of course, as would everyone else. But if he doesn't act on that, assuming he wins the election, he will find his single term long, lonely and miserable. And the one thing he cannot stand is to be unpopular.

Quote:
Could change the rules but as you have already said they are completely screwed up now anyway and need fixing.

Other rules have been completely screwed up and in need of a fix before. One such set of circumstances led to the US Civil War. I don't think the immigration screw-up will have so dramatic a denouement, but it's good to keep in mind that things can always get much, much worse.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 1st, 2017 at 5:43:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Anybody see "60 Minutes" tonight, right after football except on the west coast where it was on at its normal time?

They did a piece on Chicago cops. Seems that the cop on the street has had enough of BLM and the ACLU scrutinizing their every move so now they basically just answer 911 calls and that is it. If they stop a suspect they have to fill out a 2 page report taking 45 minutes on average. For every suspect, every time.

The city has paid out half a billion dollars in settlements over the past few years. So now gang members carry smart phones and try to trap cops in a situation that will make a payday.

Meanwhile, the homicide and crime rates have skyrocketed. Parts of the city are becoming unlivable.
The President is a fink.
January 1st, 2017 at 8:28:02 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Anybody see "60 Minutes" tonight, right after football except on the west coast where it was on at its normal time?

They did a piece on Chicago cops. Seems that the cop on the street has had enough of BLM and the ACLU scrutinizing their every move so now they basically just answer 911 calls and that is it. If they stop a suspect they have to fill out a 2 page report taking 45 minutes on average. For every suspect, every time.

The city has paid out half a billion dollars in settlements over the past few years. So now gang members carry smart phones and try to trap cops in a situation that will make a payday.

Meanwhile, the homicide and crime rates have skyrocketed. Parts of the city are becoming unlivable.

I just saw it. Chicago has had a rep for corruption going back to Al Capone and earlier. Is anyone shocked by any of this? Besides, it's mostly black gang-bangers killing other black gang-bangers. No one cares until a stray bullet kills a kid on the sidelines and it gets on the news. Cops don't want to be youtube-famous for defending themselves with all the cellphones in gang-banger hands, so they say "fine, I'm staying out of it from now on so I can make my pension". If I were a cop, I'd become cynical too, especially in Chicago.

I liked the part of the black cop commenting on the white cops who put his photo in the urinals to piss on at his retirement party. How hostile it that???
January 25th, 2017 at 12:52:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Black Lives Matter resentful of peaceful Women’s March against Trump

BLM just gets funnier and funnier. Nobody gets arrested so they get upset.

I guess that BLM would prefer riots and looting!
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:02:53 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Wow, there was a real gem in there...

Quote:
It saddens me to see the inclusive liberal feminism I grew up with reduced to a grab bag of competing victimhood narratives and individualist identities jostling for most-oppressed status

It could not have been written any better, and I hope to memorize it so that it may soothe me in the future.

Also had to giggle at "Where were these women when we were all getting shot?" News flash: most people disparage violent criminals, not take up arms for them.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:02:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

BLM just gets funnier and funnier. Nobody gets arrested so they get upset.

That's false BLM
You have a BLM member right here on the forum
Just ask for my input
Of course it will be reasonable and you only listen to the extremists on the left

From a real BLM member
I was fine with the protest march
I am not upset
I am giddy :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"