No votes (0%)
7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

September 28th, 2016 at 9:39:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
When are conservatives happy about anything? (Besides when unarmed black men get murdered by cops, of course...)

Actually most conservatives are more happy than the average liberal who is usually angry.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2016 at 10:06:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually most conservatives are more happy than the average liberal who is usually angry.

Brilliant "I'm rubber and you're glue" response from AZ.

Perhaps Trump should hire you for some debate prep.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 28th, 2016 at 11:08:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

Conservatives and Liberals simply have a different outlook and different solutions to the problems in the USA and the World
To say that one side is more happy and one side is more angry is just absurd
Its illogical
But I expect illogical thinking from a conservatives
Its the old AZ illogical argument that extreme angry conservatives don't represent conservatives but angry extreme libs represent all liberals
As Spock would say, its illogical :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2016 at 11:15:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
To say that one side is more happy and one side is more angry is just absurd

Don't conservatives walk around, say LA or NYC angrily mumbling "black! latino! gay! TERRORIST!!!"

I find that hard to square with the accepted stereotype :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 28th, 2016 at 11:29:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
Don't conservatives walk around, say LA or NYC angrily mumbling "black! latino! gay! TERRORIST!!!"

I find that hard to square with the accepted stereotype :)

Yes and they keep running bumping into people mumbling "denier, gun nut, self proclaimed victim"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 28th, 2016 at 11:56:42 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: kenarman
Yes and they keep running bumping into people mumbling "denier, gun nut, self proclaimed victim"

Whatever gives you that idea? ;)

Seriously, there's a major difference between the stereotypes. One dislikes people for what they are, the other for what they do.

Discuss :)
September 28th, 2016 at 12:48:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Whatever gives you that idea? ;)

Seriously, there's a major difference between the stereotypes. One dislikes people for what they are, the other for what they do.

Discuss :)

Not sure that I totally understand your distinction Nareed maybe you can elaborate. You seem to have fallen into the trap that some people are upset at those with different coloured skin or sexual orientation simply because of that characteristic. The majority of the time that is not the case. People get upset when someone is changing their world to something they see as worse so they fight to maintain the status quo. The other side obviously feels short changed by the current system and is fighting for change. When push comes to shove it is always about the money unless of course we touch on your favorite subject and God is telling them to fight the change.
September 28th, 2016 at 1:13:25 PM permalink
Nareed
People get upset when someone is changing their world to something they see as worse so they fight to maintain the status quo.

What is inherently worse about having a different shade of skin or a different sexual orientation?

Quote:
When push comes to shove it is always about the money unless of course we touch on your favorite subject and God is telling them to fight the change.

I doubt any god is telling the GOP to kick out all "illegals," and if they did the economic consequences would be dire for the whole country. Or don't you think the billions needed to round everyone up, set them in concentration camps, and transporting them across the border would kind of be a problem? Not to mention the lost labor in several fields.
September 28th, 2016 at 2:04:01 PM permalink
kenarman
What is inherently worse about having a different shade of skin or a different sexual orientation?

You are not understanding my answer. I am trying to get across the point that skin colour and sexual orientation are not the primary motivators it is the perceived economic/social changes be pushed for by other groups regardless of skin or sex, unlike religion which for many people of all denominations is enough reason to hate someone.

I doubt any god is telling the GOP to kick out all "illegals," and if they did the economic consequences would be dire for the whole country. Or don't you think the billions needed to round everyone up, set them in concentration camps, and transporting them across the border would kind of be a problem? Not to mention the lost labor in several fields.

You are putting words in my mouth Nareed. In a previous post I told you I don't think the wall would ever happen. When push comes to shove most Americans of any colour or race will not take the jobs that are being done by the illegal immigrants. Certainly at no where near the same wage. Your rhetoric in the above post is probably as flamboyant as Trumps on the issue and far from what, if anything, would ever happen if Trump was elected.
September 28th, 2016 at 2:40:39 PM permalink
Nareed
You are not understanding my answer. I am trying to get across the point that skin colour and sexual orientation are not the primary motivators it is the perceived economic/social changes be pushed for by other groups regardless of skin or sex, unlike religion which for many people of all denominations is enough reason to hate someone.

So what's inherently wrong with people of a different shade of skin or a different sexual orientation pressing for a fair deal and full recognition and protection of their rights?

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth Nareed.

I'm not even talking about you, but about the hard-core "base" of the GOP who are driving the agenda this election.

Quote:
In a previous post I told you I don't think the wall would ever happen.

I think Trump will try to do either the wall, the mass deportations, or both, and it will be a disaster.

Quote:
When push comes to shove most Americans of any colour or race will not take the jobs that are being done by the illegal immigrants. Certainly at no where near the same wage.

This contradicts the clamor that "illegals" are stealing jobs.

We can cite studies, counter-studies, statistics, etc. The point is there was no lack of employment in the US with millions of "illegals" working and living there for decades, until the Great Recession hit. And what happened then is many "illegals" left the country.