terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Good riddance!

(My first DT post!)

I agree, Schilling is a clown

The latest news on the NC bill
Trump is against the bill :-)

"if Caitlyn Jenner were to walk into Trump Tower, she could use whichever bathroom she wanted."

http://www.tbo.com/news/election/trump-north-carolina-bathroom-law-causes-unnecessary-strife-20160421/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2016 at 7:57:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I agree, Schilling is a clown

The latest news on the NC bill
Trump is against the bill :-)

"if Caitlyn Jenner were to walk into Trump Tower, she could use whichever bathroom she wanted."

http://www.tbo.com/news/election/trump-north-carolina-bathroom-law-causes-unnecessary-strife-20160421/

I watched that Trump town hall this morning where he gave that answer.

It really is the common sense answer. Is there really a need for these laws? (No.)

I wonder if it will upset a portion of his base...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2016 at 9:07:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It really is the common sense answer. Is there really a need for these laws? (No.)

I wonder if it will upset a portion of his base...

There is a need. To protect business owners from being sued. There would be no need if we used common sense and told people use the right restroom. But there is a movement on the left to eliminate gender completely from society so laws must be made.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2016 at 9:21:01 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
There is a need. .

Not according to Trump
Not according to Target
Not according to just about every major large business in this country
lol
try again
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2016 at 10:09:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm watching Ted Cruz on TV right now taking a hard line against Trump's position.

Cruz is taking the position of the radical right.

Trump is taking the more common sense practical stance.

Much like Trump's abortion "women should be punished" gaffe, I suspect he will modify his position here 12 or 13 times till he gets it just right with his rabid base.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2016 at 12:18:54 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Good riddance!

(My first DT post!)

Welcome! I see you've found the gay stuff. Air travel is just down the hall, TV and movies a few doors down, and God is pretty much everywhere (as is His nature =p). Sit where you'd like and enjoy =)

To add to the madness, Shaw was suspended for a game after a penalty call late in the game fired him up. As he went to the box, he was reportedly heard saying "Fuck you, you fucking faggot" to, I assume, the ref. 1 game suspension and a $5k fine.

Wtf ever happened to "sticks and stones"? You can physically restrain someone, punch them repeatedly in the face until they drop, and you just have to sit down for 5 minutes. You can hack a player's body with a 70" club, break bones, tear tissue, and you only sit for 2 (if you sit at all). But whoa, whoa, whoa, you did what?! You called names?!! Pleased to be forking over 5 figures and you're fired for a day.

You're here, you're queer, I'm used to it. Didn't even take me a day. But I'm straight, getting irate, and about to f#$%ing lose it. Sensitivity has overtaken sensibility. This should end well...
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 21st, 2016 at 1:50:45 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
To add to the madness, Shaw was suspended for a game after a penalty call late in the game fired him up. As he went to the box, he was reportedly heard saying "Fuck you, you fucking faggot" to, I assume, the ref. 1 game suspension and a $5k fine.

The NHL is a sport that entertains people.
The more you entertain, the more money, the less you entertain, less money
They are in the entertainment business
They have their eyes on the NFL.
The NFL rakes in billions because they are viewed as family entertainment
Billions are at stake
NHL wants a piece of those billions and wants to be viewed as family entertainment.
Getting Dad to watch, millions earned. Getting the family to watch, billions earned.
F-bombs are not considered family entertainment
April 21st, 2016 at 2:36:38 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined

NHL wants a piece of those billions and wants to be viewed as family entertainment.
Getting Dad to watch, millions earned. Getting the family to watch, billions earned.
F-bombs are not considered family entertainment

/sigh. My and your minds are gonna meet one of these days...

Here...

Just seven minutes, and from memory...

"Wanna f#$%ing go? I'll let you choose the hand I beat the f#$% out of you with"
"F#$% you, you f#$%! You motherf#$%er, I'll f#$%ing kill you!"
"It's his f#$%ing water bottle, you don't f#$%ing hit his f#$%ing equipment! Well, it's HIS f#$%ing water bottle! F#$% you!"

At one point, after some chirping between players, the REF HIMSELF skates over with a "F#$% the both of you. No, f#$% you both. You're both out of here". That's the ref saying that.

Then there was the incident between (black) Grier and (Ojibwe) Simon. Grier said a slur against Simon, Simon responded calling him a nigger and hacked him. Simon was suspended for 3 games for "Using the stick as a weapon with the intent to injure". He wasn't dinged for saying nigger, nor was Grier dinged for calling Simon a hatchet packer or whatever he said.

Running around calling gay folks "fag", firing people for being gay, harassing people for whom they love, I think we'd agree that these are things we want to eradicate. But I absolutely see, within a few groups, that the middle isn't the goal. And it is of my opinion that while the "fag hate" is an extreme side of the coin, stuff like this is the other extreme and is Just As Bad. It's the creation of a higher, protected class, IMO.

I'm sure some may poo-poo. I suggest you try it. Next time you're at work, find a gay or a black or a woman, look at them, and just go "Ew". When asked, tell them it's because they're gay or black or a woman. Actually, save that one for last. FIRST go to the outside door around the receptacle. Look the people out there in the eye and again go "Ew". When asked why, tell them smokers are disgusting. What happens? Roughly 40% of your workplace might not like you. NOW go do the gay/woman/black thing. Bet you out your job before 5p.

It's horses@#$. You can tell someone you f#$%ed their wife until they screamed, you can threaten to kill them, you can even beat them unconscious, and only for the latter will you "penalized" and that in the form of a 5min time out. But say "fag"? Really?

It's horses@#$.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 21st, 2016 at 3:07:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Are candidates allowed to say that they shouldn't be required to have an opinion on everything in the twitterverse. Who actually worries about who is in the stall next to you?
April 21st, 2016 at 5:00:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

Wtf ever happened to "sticks and stones"? You can physically restrain someone, punch them repeatedly in the face until they drop, and you just have to sit down for 5 minutes. You can hack a player's body with a 70" club, break bones, tear tissue, and you only sit for 2 (if you sit at all). But whoa, whoa, whoa, you did what?! You called names?!! Pleased to be forking over 5 figures and you're fired for a day.

What has happened is it is no longer a world of men we live in. It is a world of fragile teacups and snowflakes who cannot handle anything the least bit negative. So PC has the world become that a guy cannot let out a schoolyard taunt.
The President is a fink.