Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

December 17th, 2016 at 10:41:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Stupid excuse. The only person who is distracted by Donald's Twitter is.... Donald.

And the liberals here and elsewhere. Look who brought it up today.

Quote:
It shows he is an idiot who can't spell. Heck, 10 year old Barron could probably spell better than him.

I do not put a huge correlation between spelling and intelligence. First off in this day and age of devices typos are easier and easier to make, auto-fill just makes it worse. Second, the best spellers tended to be the best students but not always the ones who would do best outside skool.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2016 at 11:01:54 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
The spelling and grammar police on this forum are childish and tedious.
December 17th, 2016 at 11:09:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody else notice there was a good
conversation going between Dalex
and AZ, then the Hillary people chimed
in and brought an immediate halt to
it with their brilliant commentary.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2016 at 11:34:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think Trump's verbal (or tweeted) mistakes are interesting, especially as this one really sounds Freudian.

Like Obama's "spread the wealth around".

Trump is probably subconsciously revealing he is not the real President.

He blabs so much off the cuff, we're bound to get lots of good ones.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2016 at 12:47:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody else notice there was a good
conversation going between Dalex
and AZ, then the Hillary people chimed
in and brought an immediate halt to
it with their brilliant commentary.

Well if I count as anybody then yes. It reminds me of why I left the election threads last summer. What was intelligent conversation just became:

"I'm giddy!"
"Get the popcorn!"
"Trump is Orange!"

Sorry, Dalex. Pick up if you like.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2016 at 1:14:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Well if I count as anybody then yes. It reminds me of why I left the election threads last summer. What was intelligent conversation just became:

"I'm giddy!"
"Get the popcorn!"
"Trump is Orange!"

Now it's:

"Hillary won the popular vote!"
"Trump got no mandate!"
"Trump can't spell!"
"Trump is still orange!"
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2016 at 2:17:43 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

"I'm giddy!"
"Get the popcorn!"
"Trump is Orange!"

Sorry, Dalex. Pick up if you like.

I think we ended with agreement on a few things, and an understanding of each other's opinions on a few others.

I don't mind discussing opinions, but I don't really like arguing about them.

How about this? I would love for them to audit the election results. Not a recount, no overturning the results, but a legitimate investigation into whether or not there was any hacking of the machines, and whether or not anyone actually voted who was not supposed to vote.

Simply recounting the ballots in the boxes won't tell you much about the first, and nothing about the second.

A whole bunch of stupid stuff happened in Michigan, with ballot boxes not containing the number of ballots that they were supposed to. By law, that rendered whole precincts uncountable. If there was some legitimate need for a recount, that is unacceptable. It is most likely because of poor accounting and election management.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 17th, 2016 at 2:41:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64

How about this? I would love for them to audit the election results. Not a recount, no overturning the results, but a legitimate investigation into whether or not there was any hacking of the machines, and whether or not anyone actually voted who was not supposed to vote.

Simply recounting the ballots in the boxes won't tell you much about the first, and nothing about the second.

A whole bunch of stupid stuff happened in Michigan, with ballot boxes not containing the number of ballots that they were supposed to. By law, that rendered whole precincts uncountable. If there was some legitimate need for a recount, that is unacceptable. It is most likely because of poor accounting and election management.

I always wonder on the hacking of the machines. I heard the old-school lever machines were actually easiest to rig. So newer machines may also be. It is why I am against early voting. Voting machines should have a clear and unbroken chain of custody. Voting rolls need to be verified and purged. Absentee voting should not be allowed until you vote in person once, then you should have to show up say once every 5 years.

Have to get over the idea that voting is supposed to be "easy" and more to you having a responsibility to be sure you are registered and valid. No more motor voter, but registration cards at every USPS. Any able bodied person can handle that. Require audits of these "community groups" that do voter registration drives such that too many failed applications and they are done doing the drives. No more registrations for Mickey Mouse.

Voting is simple. Fill out a registration, show up, show ID, vote. Yet we are told so many people can't handle that?
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2016 at 2:52:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Fill out a registration, show up, show ID, vote. Yet we are told so many people can't handle that?

If people are that stupid, that they
can't figure out how to get ID,
or don't feel they need any to
exist in society, who want's them
voting anyway. Everybody who wants
an ID has one, or they didn't try
at all to get one. Stay home, leave
the voting to people who care.
December 18th, 2016 at 5:09:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64

If the premise by the Republicans is this--- "lack of a requirement to check ID allowed people to vote in other peoples stead", how do you go about checking that now? You cant.