Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

December 18th, 2016 at 5:13:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Obama did by regulating business to death.

Yeah, let's start with Uber. Let's let profit loose.

No reason crazy drugged murderous felons shouldn't be able to drive.

While were at it we can cut the legs out of medical drug and food inspection. A hog farm and chemical plant in every neighborhood. Less travel time.

Clean air and water -- what waste. What we need is more lead and mercury in our environment. That will produce the next generation of Trump-like supporters.

Let's get more animals on the list with Dodo birds. Next generation can look at stuffed ones in museums.

Bring back DDT.

Let the labor market work with dangerous toxic chemicals.

Let's stop building inspections altogether. Too costly. Fire regs are unnecessary,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 18th, 2016 at 6:03:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I do not believe the Presidential Election by itself has given trump the ill defined "mandate". But that combined with the holding of the Senate and House by the Republicans, the additional Republican State Governorships, and the increase in Republican representation in State Houses and Assemblies I would say qualifies as to what feels as a mandate for the Republicans, as well as a repudiation of the Liberal platform that Hillary and the Dems were tetering on. And it really is irrelevant. The Republicans will have the POWER and AUTHORITY to do what they want, even if the Democrats don't feel there is a "mandate". And all this chatter has happened even before DJT has made his first Supreme Court nomination!
December 18th, 2016 at 6:16:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
The Republicans will have the POWER and AUTHORITY to do what they want,

It's been since the late 19th century
that the Dem's have had so little
power. It will take a long time to
get it all back, not just a couple
of elections. It was a grand experiment,
trying to ruin the country with social
elitism, and it fell flat on it's face.
We want the American Dream back,
for our kids to do better than we
did, not live with us till they're 45,
waiting for us to die so they can get
the house for free.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 18th, 2016 at 7:21:56 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You are accusing the party of government handouts to the poor and lazy with social elitism?

I could make a case that the coming government is a plutocracy, but really things have already been that way.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 19th, 2016 at 7:29:41 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The Electoral College votes will be today. I expect no significant change to the results. That is, maybe one or two electors will vote for someone other than the Orange Man, but that won't change the results one bit.

It would be great if the EC could restore rationality to the process, but if we learned something from 2016 is that rationality was nowhere to be found in this election.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 19th, 2016 at 7:52:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
The Electoral College votes will be today. I expect no significant change to the results. That is, maybe one or two electors will vote for someone other than the Orange Man, but that won't change the results one bit.

Correct, the results won't change - but expect the righties to come here pretending that most liberals were holding out hope that the EC would somehow dump Donald.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 19th, 2016 at 8:02:42 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: pew
He did. California doesn't count.
If we're not going to count California (the most populous state in the US), surely you don't mind if we also throw out little old Tennessee.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 19th, 2016 at 8:09:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Correct, the results won't change - but expect the righties to come here pretending that most liberals were holding out hope that the EC would somehow dump Donald.

I have the hope they will. I just don't expect it. I also have a hope Trump somehow won't take the oath of office, but I also don't expect it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 19th, 2016 at 8:34:26 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: JimRockford
If we're not going to count California (the most populous state in the US), surely you don't mind if we also throw out little old Tennessee.
What I meant was California is irrelevant to the real America. Of course their vote counts. They however do not count.
December 19th, 2016 at 10:49:34 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

"MOST" weren't thinking that the EC vote would change but "MANY" were clearly pulling for it to change in spite of the actual results of the election. How "MANY"? Who knows...I just noted a lot of liberal whining about it in social media and in news reports of various kinds.

"MANY" (more than a "FEW" but not"MOST" or "ALL") are still stuttering over the reasons Hillary lost to Trump. They keep on throwing this reason and that reason out there, even pointing to her popularity while SoS. It wasn't any of those reasons heard so often...it was HER. She was not the perfect candidate, even though she had "checks" in a lot of boxes like experience that neither Obama or Trump had. Her campaign had little energy. They seemed to not understand how Trump was reaching the "hillbilly deplorables" that often just voted Democrat because, well, they always have.

Trump is not who I wanted to win the election when this whole thing started. Neither was Hillary. My top choices did not make it. We'll have to see how he does and I'll judge him from there.