Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

December 19th, 2016 at 4:12:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Reagan was from a totally different Calif.
I knew a guy when I lived there who was
a native to the state. He remembered the
1940's and 50's. He said it started going
downhill in the 60's and has never looked
back. They don't call it la-la land for no
reason.

You have to wonder why it all happened. CA was always a place for people looking for a fresh start. Las Vegas does that on a city level, but CA did it before Vegas. Miner 49ers, "The Grapes of Wrath," "California or Bust." But the place was never totally like it was today. Somehow the counter-culture came in the 1960s and just kept coming.

I saw an interesting documentary kind of thing on YouTube about Northern CA. SF and Silicon Valley. The place is unsustainable but everyone seems to either be willfully ignoring it or else drowning in it thinking things will get better or just accepting it as their normal. Very average homes going for $1MM plus, $4,000 per month rents for a one bedroom. $18,000+ per square foot. Over a grand a month to live in barely 100 square feet. A grand a month to live in a freaking tent in someone's backyard. Two hour commutes each way, leave for work at 4 AM, get home at 8 PM. Making $200,000 a year yet can't afford a decent place to live or barely rent.

The pricing reminds me of Tokyo in the late 1980s. Not just a bubble, an insane bubble. People thinking this is a normal lifestyle. You have to wonder how long before it all crashes, because it always does.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:03:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You can't read a story about the EC
results today without them mentioning
Trump lost the popular vote in just
about the first sentence or two. Like
that's a relevant point in the election.

They'll never get over it, wait and see.
I'll love every minute of it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:09:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

It's a very relevant point. Just because you pretend it isn't, doesn't make you right...

Donald is and always will be a giant loser. He will never get over it. That's why he will continue to lie about it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 19th, 2016 at 5:09:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman

They did the same thing with Bush, difference is that Bush actually seemed to take it personally and let it affect his governing. Trump will just laugh at them and go about doing what he has to do.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:26:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
It's a very relevant point. Just because you pretend it isn't, doesn't make you right...

It's relevant to you because it's
a meaningless fact you can
desperately cling to as you flounder
thru to the truth. You obviously
had no idea how US presidential
elections worked before the election,
you thought it was winner take all.
If you knew how they worked, you
would never mention the popular
vote because you would know better.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:36:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I tried to cull through some articles to see if any electors did not vote for Trump who were elected to do so. It seems like there were 2, but also SIX who were supposed to vote for Hillary who did not. I think it will turn out that these are just attention seeking losers.....

Apparently Bill Clinton was an elector for his spouse.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:46:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO

Apparently Bill Clinton was an elector for his spouse.

I saw that, I guess not any law against it. But you would think he would not be such an attention whore and let someone else have the experience of being an elector. Neither of the Clintons ever had any class nor will they ever.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2016 at 5:51:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I saw that, I guess not any law against it. But you would think he would not be such an attention whore and let someone else have the experience of being an elector. Neither of the Clintons ever had any class nor will they ever.

I think they were planning to have him cast the deciding vote. Didn't exactly work out that way......
December 19th, 2016 at 6:34:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO
I tried to cull through some articles to see if any electors did not vote for Trump who were elected to do so. It seems like there were 2, but also SIX who were supposed to vote for Hillary who did not.

The farce that is Hillary never ends.
First she has a massive loss, then
she backs a recount that goes
nowhere, then they encourage
EC voters to drop Trump and it ends
up with 3 times as many dumping
her. I can't wait to see their next brilliant
plan. Even this morning George
Pooponhimselfanopolous was all
excited that "37 electors might
jump ship today". He was secretly
hoping for a hundred.
December 19th, 2016 at 6:56:07 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: JimRockford
California is 12% of the population, 15% of the US economy and 17% of Major League Baseball. I fail to see why California is not part of real America, but I'm from Texas so maybe I'm out of touch with real America. Enlighten me.
Some of you need to ask Santa for a sense of humor and a little perspective. I can see the response now "Well you righties know there really is no actual Santa so you're a poo poo head!"