Democrat Party Convention

July 26th, 2016 at 7:06:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
You watched? Nobody else is.

Night 1 of the DNC beat night 1 of the RNC in the ratings.

Righties live in a fact-free bubble. Sad!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2016 at 8:46:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Is Bill Clinton senile? I had no idea what
he was rambling on about so I turned
him off. Even Leftist MsnBC Rachael
Maddow thought it was 'rude and
shocking'. I first thought he was talking
about Lewinsky. What's with his shaky
hands, he's still in his 60's, not 80's.

“I think the beginning of the speech was a controversial way to start, honestly, talking about the girl, a girl, leading with this long story about him being attracted to an unnamed girl and thinking about whether he was starting something he couldn’t finish, building her whole political story, for the whole first half of the speech around her marriage to him. I think, unless there were worries that this is going to be too feminist a convention, that was not a feminist way to start. But the end of the speech was really good. I’ve got to say, the top of the speech I found shocking and rude.” Rachel Maddow

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 26th, 2016 at 9:15:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
What is the proper adjective form of Democrat?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 27th, 2016 at 2:10:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
What is the proper adjective form of Democrat?

democratic

Quote: etymonline.com

democracy (n.) 1570s, from Middle French démocratie (14c.), from Medieval Latin democratia (13c.), from Greek demokratia "popular government," from demos "common people," originally "district" (see demotic), + kratos "rule, strength" (see -cracy).

democrat (n.) 1790, "adherent of democracy," with reference to France, from French démocrate (18c., opposed to aristocrate), back-formation from démocratie (see democracy); formally revived in U.S. as a political party affiliation 1798, with a capital D. As a shortening of this, Demo (1793) is older than Dem (c. 1840).

democratization (n.) 1860; "We teach the population at the cheapest possible rate; and the aim all the democratization (if we may use the word) of literature proposes to itself in this country, is to store the minds of the many, of the anonymous multitude, with a large portion of valuable, because practically useful, facts. ["Meliora," vol. 2, No. 6, 1860]

democratize (v.) 1798 (transitive), 1840 (intransitive), from French démocratiser, from démocratie (see democracy). Greek demokratizein meant "to be on the democratic side."

democratic (adj.) c. 1600, from French démocratique, from Medieval Latin democraticus, from Greek demokratikos "of or for democracy; favoring democracy," from demokratia "popular government" (see democracy). Earlier was democratian (1570s).
July 27th, 2016 at 11:40:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin
democratic

Then people in that that party should
be called 'democratics', not Democrats.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2016 at 11:42:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Is Bill Clinton senile? I had no idea what
he was rambling on about so I turned
him off.

I thought his speech was great. If I was a voter with no real knowledge of all of Hillary's misdeeds and weaknesses and only knew of Hillary from this speech, I would vote for her.
July 27th, 2016 at 11:56:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO
I thought his speech was great. If I was a voter with no real knowledge of all of Hillary's misdeeds and weaknesses and only knew of Hillary from this speech, I would vote for her.

Maureen Dowd says it's the airbrushed version
of Hillary's career. To say the least..
July 27th, 2016 at 12:33:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Anybody see the presser Trump had today?
He just hijacked the convention, all they're
talking about is Trump on CNN and MsnbC.
Trump said maybe Russia can find Hillary's
30,000 missing emails and the press is
having a meltdown. It's the funniest thing
I ever saw, they are literally frothing at the
mouth on CNN. Trump mocked them for
an hour, who the hell does he think he is.

He kept referring to the 'chapter' Bill left
out of his speech. He meant Lewinsky, of
course. Trump wouldn't tell them what he
meant, I actually LOL.
July 27th, 2016 at 12:38:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
It will still be a hoot when he is still doing this stuff as a private citizen Nov 3.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 27th, 2016 at 1:02:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
It will still be a hoot when he is still doing this stuff as a private citizen Nov 3.

Would you put it past him to run for the Democratic Party nomination in 2020 or 2024?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER