Trump & Putin

February 20th, 2017 at 9:04:52 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

In the photo above, Felix Sater is on the far right. Now, if you were to ask Donald Trump who Russian mafia convict Felix Sater is, Trump would insist he's never met the mobster. Never heard of him!

Quote: ABC News
Asked last week about Sater by The Associated Press, Trump again seemed unable to retrieve a solid memory of the man. "Felix Sater, boy, I have to even think about it," he told the reporter. "I'm not that familiar with him."

Trump and Sater can be seen together in photographs attending a Denver business conference in 2005, and the two men posed on stage together at the 2007 launch party for the Trump SoHo Hotel and Condominium project. And in 2010, according to Trump’s lawyer, Sater was provided business cards by the Trump Organization identifying him as a “senior advisor" to Trump.

Sater has declined repeated requests for an interview, citing the advice of his attorney. But he has not been shy about posting items online touting his ties to Trump. On his website, he called the Trump SoHo his “most prized project.” For years he identified himself on his online resume at the LinkedIn website as having been a "senior advisor" to Trump in 2010-2011. Last month, after ABC News asked Trump’s attorney about it, that portion of Sater’s online resume was deleted.

Don't be fooled. Sater is bad news, and we'll be hearing more and more about his relationship with the Trump White House.
February 20th, 2017 at 10:17:15 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: kenarman
Which is true if it is actually a false alarm and there is no fire.

Yeah, the biased liburrul media is making the whole thing up. *snort* * guffaw*
February 20th, 2017 at 10:23:37 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: kenarman
"Legal Definition of treason. : the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country" Merriam Webster.

Sounds a lot like that is what is going on by the media and entrenched bureaucrats that don't like the new kid on the block.

See, that's where your logic fails so miserably. Trump is NOT the government. He's one part of it. Opposing him--even actively seeking to have him removed from office--is not treason. It is also not treasonous to point out when a President commits treason.

Unless you're willing to concede that Mitch McConnell and the Republicans were committing treason for the entire eight years of the Obama administration, given that he and they stated repeatedly that overthrowing him was their primary and at times, sole goal and objective. Why be hypocritical, after all?

In any case, no smoke screens allowed. It's very Trumpian of you to turn on Trump's accusers and say that they are doing the thing he's actually guilty of. Straight out of fourth grade recess---"HE DID IT TOO! NO FAIR!"
February 21st, 2017 at 12:48:39 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: stinkingliberal
See, that's where your logic fails so miserably. Trump is NOT the government. He's one part of it. Opposing him--even actively seeking to have him removed from office--is not treason. It is also not treasonous to point out when a President commits treason.

Opposing Trump, calling him names, calling his supporters names, not voting for his bills, delaying his nominees, etc. are not acts of "treason"--"treason" has become a much overused word just like "racist."

People inside the WH leaking classified information to try and harm the President and undermine our government gets a lot closer to the act of treason. Opposing someone is one thing; doing something illegal in the name of that opposition is criminal at minimum and could be treason if the information leaked was not just harmful (the leaks are a potential crime, just not treason) but was done to aid and abet an enemy. Some of the Flynn leaks may have been criminal but do not appear to be treasonous. It is not "okay" to leak classified information just to get your way...there are ways to attack a problem that you see without leaking classified information. I'm interested in seeing the results of an investigation into the whole matter.

Interestingly, early in our history we went through a period where the word "treason" was tossed around for anyone opposing the party in power. Some of our founding fathers used the word when instead they should have been talking about "opposition" and not "treason."

Unless you're willing to concede that Mitch McConnell and the Republicans were committing treason for the entire eight years of the Obama administration, given that he and they stated repeatedly that overthrowing him was their primary and at times, sole goal and objective. Why be hypocritical, after all?

Some on the left did say that McConnell has committed treason during the Obama administration...again, maybe he was an obstructionist and maybe he was wrong...but it was not treason. The petition below talks about him allowing money to flow to China but it really doesn't support a charge of treason--just favoring policy that may help someone he knows. That is a different thing that Pelosi has done (lower minimum wage for folks who worked in tuna processing regions where her husband has investments than in the rest of the US and territories) and I am sure others have done. Again, it could possibly be criminal, but a different crime than treason. Neither was done to aid and abet an enemy.

"His openly stated goals and actions have and continue to show his behavior as treasonous."

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/try-us-senator-mitch

In any case, no smoke screens allowed. It's very Trumpian of you to turn on Trump's accusers and say that they are doing the thing he's actually guilty of. Straight out of fourth grade recess---"HE DID IT TOO! NO FAIR!"

Likewise, Trump has done nothing that could be considered treason. No one has to like him. Everyone can oppose him. That doesn't make anything he has done an act of treason.
March 1st, 2017 at 7:02:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The Washington Post is reporting that Jeff Sessions twice had contact with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.

During his confirmation, he testified under oath that he did not.

That, my friends, is perjury.

LOCK HIM UP!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 1st, 2017 at 11:15:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
The Washington Post is reporting that Jeff Sessions twice had contact with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.

During his confirmation, he testified under oath that he did not.

That, my friends, is perjury.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

One of his defenses appears to be that the question wasn't specific enough. Kind of like, I heard you asking whether I put the garbage on the porch, but I said "no" because I put the garbage on the porch steps.

(my mom wouldn't give me a pass on that kind of answer)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 4th, 2017 at 10:12:53 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Putin almost coldcocks priest for trying to kiss his hand; https://youtu.be/tkQOaACQzBw
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 4th, 2017 at 10:55:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You have to ask, what the heck is Obama
still doing in DC, with Valarie Jarret living
at his house. What crap did they pull when
in office that they don't want coming out.

It's certainly no concern about the country,
Obama and Jarret could care less about
that. Why were they maybe breaking the
law with wiretaps just to make sure She
won. Neither of these people like DC. At
the end of his first term, Obama said he
would never live there and even had a
big house in Hawaii all picked out, I saw
the story about it.

Something is going on here below the surface,
and it will come out eventually.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 4th, 2017 at 12:28:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trump & Putin

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 4th, 2017 at 12:46:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
You have to ask, what the heck is Obama
still doing in DC, with Valarie Jarret living
at his house. What crap did they pull when
in office that they don't want coming out.

It's certainly no concern about the country,
Obama and Jarret could care less about
that. Why were they maybe breaking the
law with wiretaps just to make sure She
won. Neither of these people like DC. At
the end of his first term, Obama said he
would never live there and even had a
big house in Hawaii all picked out, I saw
the story about it.

Something is going on here below the surface,
and it will come out eventually.

This is just pure nonsense.

The Obamas are only staying in DC till Sasha finishes school. Is that okay with you?

You have no complaints about Melania staying in NYC with the autistic Trump while he finishes up the school year...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman