Challenge to FrGamble

September 2nd, 2016 at 2:07:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
None of these things will help you because they are all fictional, though sometimes I do think Mickey Mouse might know a little more about logic than you do. Seriously, ask God to reveal Himself to you. God is real and it is a prayer that I believe is always heard.

Eh, you don't allow Nareed the same allowance you give your own god. Your own god exists because we can't prove otherwise, so you say. No one can ever prove Mickey Mouse doesn't exist. Do you not get the nonsense you claim?

That's why I put that stupid idea in my sig line.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 2nd, 2016 at 2:33:43 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
FrGamble could at least give Logic last rites. He's abused it so many times, it is likely dead by now.

It can't really be killed. But it can be all too easily abandoned.

Back on topic, I'd be game to do a Satanic invocation. Do I need candles, or can I use LEDs? Anyone care to join in?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 2nd, 2016 at 2:41:41 PM permalink
Nareed
None of these things will help you because they are all fictional,

Batman, Jesus, Jehovah, Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Astarte, Minerva, Ist, Demeter, Persephone, Zeus, etc. all are fictional.

Ok. Jesus might have been real, but the zombie Jesus version you revere is as real as other zombies.

Quote:
Seriously, ask God to reveal Himself to you.

I'm far more interested in taking Jedi Lessons from Luke Skywalker, or even from Mace Windu (but not Qui Gon Jin, too preachy).
September 2nd, 2016 at 2:53:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed

Ok. Jesus might have been real, but the zombie Jesus version you revere is as real as other zombies.

Jesus is the original zombie, isn't he. He
started the whole zombie myth. This is
in bad taste for so many reasons, but
funny too.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 2nd, 2016 at 3:58:02 PM permalink
Nareed
though sometimes I do think Mickey Mouse might know a little more about logic than you do.

He must know something. Can you think of any other Disney character who's become so perennially popular without a movie of his own?
September 2nd, 2016 at 7:14:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Eh, you don't allow Nareed the same allowance you give your own god. Your own god exists because we can't prove otherwise, so you say. No one can ever prove Mickey Mouse doesn't exist. Do you not get the nonsense you claim?

That's why I put that stupid idea in my sig line.

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it but that is a pretty stupid idea in your sig line. What evidence is there that you are God?

Also for 101st time. I am not saying that God exists because you can't prove otherwise. I am saying that you can't say God doesn't exist unless you have some evidence for that statement. This is just the logic of the burden of proof for a positive statement. Both statements, "God exists" and "God does not exist" are positive statements because you are positively declaring a fact. Both of these statements need evidence or they are just blind faith. God exists has evidence and God does not exist has none.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 2nd, 2016 at 7:18:07 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
It can't really be killed. But it can be all too easily abandoned.

Back on topic, I'd be game to do a Satanic invocation. Do I need candles, or can I use LEDs? Anyone care to join in?

Why would you be willing to do this for satan and not for God?

The problem is that I'm afraid you would discover that satan is real too and that would not be good at all for you or anyone else. I mean this like I have never meant anything else I have said on this forum - please don't even attempt such a thing. I will gladly leave the forum forever rather than have you even attempt such a tragic and dangerous thing.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 2nd, 2016 at 7:55:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it but that is a pretty stupid idea in your sig line. What evidence is there that you are God?

I'm living as a mortal at the moment. Prove otherwise.

Quote:
I am saying that you can't say God doesn't exist unless you have some evidence for that statement. This is just the logic of the burden of proof for a positive statement.

Okay, let's try the FrGamble method of a "positive" statement:

God exists.

Why
I don't have any proof god does not exist.

Now let's try it with a substitution.

FrGamble is a pedophile.

Why
I don't have any proof FrGamble is not a pedophile.

Until you prove you are not a pedophile, you could still be a pedophile. We haven't monitored your behavior 24/7. So when you prove you are not a pedophile, I will prove god doesn't exist.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 2nd, 2016 at 8:12:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
I'm living as a mortal at the moment. Prove otherwise.

Let's examine the evidence that you are God. Do you have any?

Quote:
Okay, let's try the FrGamble method of a "positive" statement:

God exists.

Why
I don't have any proof god does not exist.

I've mentioned this many times, there are a million things you believe and act upon that you don't have proof of everyday. The answer to why you do these things is not found in proof but in the accumulation of evidence. I have many times given evidence for the existence of God and have yet to hear any evidence to the statement that God does not exist.

Quote:
Now let's try it with a substitution.

FrGamble is a pedophile.

Why
I don't have any proof FrGamble is not a pedophile.

Until you prove you are not a pedophile, you could still be a pedophile. We haven't monitored your behavior 24/7. So when you prove you are not a pedophile, I will prove god doesn't exist.

Do you think this is how it works. Would you be able to go to a court of law to charge me when you have no evidence? To make an outrageous statement like that (which is also offensive) you should have some evidence. Do you see how this works. To make a positive statement you need something to back it up.

Here is another example:

rxwine doesn't understand basic concepts.

Why
Look at the above post as evidence.
September 2nd, 2016 at 8:19:21 PM permalink
rxwine
I have many times given evidence for the existence of God and have yet to hear any evidence to the statement that God does not exist.

You mean how you pointed out how god handled the Holocaust? Yes, very convincing.