Challenge to FrGamble

September 1st, 2016 at 1:42:34 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
"I often wonder if you are actually Rob Singer in disguise." That kind of hate speech should be a lifetime ban offense. Really, how low must you descend into the dark abyss of personal insult? Absolutely shameful!
September 1st, 2016 at 1:57:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
It's pretty clear that some people have seen someone resurrected from a proven death.

Well, you have a point. If Osiris didn't resurrect, then who helps revive Ra in the underworld every night so the Sun can come up the next day? The Sun does come up every day, and that should be proof enough, yes?

Quote:
By the way, are you sure you want to say that something is not true just because no one has ever seen it?

Yes.

IN fact, let me make this clear: Hell Yes!

Assuming by "seen" we mean "seen, heard, sniffed, touched, tasted, measured, detected, etc. Then, yes, nothing is known for certain until it has been seen. Like the Higgs boson. It made perfect sense for the Standard Model and for particle physics, but until it was detected we couldn't assume it really existed.

String theory and super symmetry also make a lot of sense and solve several thorny issues. But the failure thus far to detect certain particles hypothesized and required by these theories, is beginning to make it seem they're not true.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 1st, 2016 at 2:49:51 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: pew
"I often wonder if you are actually Rob Singer in disguise." That kind of hate speech should be a lifetime ban offense. Really, how low must you descend into the dark abyss of personal insult? Absolutely shameful!

I apologize to FrGamble. You are right, I really meant 'I sometimes wonder if you are just trolling us'. You are clearly not Singer. He couldn't keep his temper this long :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 1st, 2016 at 3:17:31 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: TheCesspit
Indeed. But the prime mover of the creation of the universe is unknown, possibly ineffable. And I've told you before, does not prove the existence of your God in anyway.

So you're kind of an agnostic then?

As I've told you before I agree that this does not prove the existence of my God or anyone's God for that matter. The next part is the hard part where we have to examine what evidence there is and make a reasonable decision of faith.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 1st, 2016 at 3:23:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Well, you have a point. If Osiris didn't resurrect, then who helps revive Ra in the underworld every night so the Sun can come up the next day? The Sun does come up every day, and that should be proof enough, yes?

Unfortunately for Ra we have discovered that the Sun doesn't actually come up at all. Oh well, such is the way of all false myths they last for a bit and then disappear.

Quote:
IN fact, let me make this clear: Hell Yes!

Assuming by "seen" we mean "seen, heard, sniffed, touched, tasted, measured, detected, etc. Then, yes, nothing is known for certain until it has been seen.

What about things like justice, equality, or what about the philosophical idea that nothing is known for certain until it has been seen? Have you somehow seen this truth floating around somewhere?

Another question for you to consider is that before the Higgs boson was actually detected did it exist or not?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 1st, 2016 at 3:24:49 PM permalink
Nareed
As I've told you before I agree that this does not prove the existence of my God or anyone's God for that matter.

Then you no longer claim it's absolutely necessary that the creator be sentient, divided in three parts, and hold the prejudices of desert primitives?

Quote:
The next part is the hard part where we have to examine what evidence there is and make a reasonable decision of faith.

It fits. Having no evidence at all for the existence of a deity, you now proceed to further use non-evidence to decide which deity is real.
September 1st, 2016 at 3:24:58 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: TheCesspit
I apologize to FrGamble. You are right, I really meant 'I sometimes wonder if you are just trolling us'. You are clearly not Singer. He couldn't keep his temper this long :)

Who is Rob Singer?
September 1st, 2016 at 3:27:38 PM permalink
Nareed
Unfortunately for Ra we have discovered that the Sun doesn't actually come up at all.

Don't you see the Sun come up every day? Can you prove your so-called discovery that it doesn't is not a trick played on you by Seth?

Quote:
What about things like justice, equality, or what about the philosophical idea that nothing is known for certain until it has been seen? Have you somehow seen this truth floating around somewhere?

Here's a hint: non-sequiturs are also real.

Quote:
Another question for you to consider is that before the Higgs boson was actually detected did it exist or not?

Do any of the super symmetry particles exist? Yes or no. Right now. And I want to see your proof.
September 1st, 2016 at 3:35:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Don't you see the Sun come up every day? Can you prove your so-called discovery that it doesn't is not a trick played on you by Seth?

Take a look at a picture from the Space Station and all will be explained.

Quote:
Here's a hint: non-sequiturs are also real.

Here's a hint: Self-contradictory statements are not true.

Quote:
Do any of the super symmetry particles exist? Yes or no. Right now. And I want to see your proof.

I have no idea. To make a decision that something you can't see exists you can't just snap your fingers and make such a decision. You need to understand the question what are the possibilities, look at the evidence, and make a reasonable decision. Again, knowing what you know about such things did you think the Higgs boson existed even before it was discovered?
September 1st, 2016 at 4:11:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Having no evidence at all for the existence of a deity, you now proceed to further use non-evidence to decide which deity is real.

You beat me to it, Nareed. FrG must
be some kind of Christian masochist
(they exist). He keeps bringing up
the evidence argument over and over
like we haven't heard his non evidence
a hundred times. You can find 'evidence'
for almost anything if you look hard
enough. Real true evidence is much
harder to find.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.