GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

January 6th, 2021 at 8:45:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Don’t compare this coup attempt to impeachment. That’s silly.

He WAS impeached. So that worked. He wasn’t removed by the Senate. But he was removed by the American people.

Poor attempt at an argument. I can say Biden 'was challenged" so it worked. He will be challenged and nothing will come of it. Trump was impeached and nothing came of it. And as long as Trump limits himself to losing court cases, and gets his ass out of the White House after the inauguration of President Biden, then to me calling it a coup is the usual TDS. Trump may want a coup, but fortunately our systems are in place to prevent such.

The correct part of your post is that Trump was removed (or will be on Jan 20) by the American people. The rest is all just a show, wasting time.
January 6th, 2021 at 8:55:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I'm with SOOPOO on this one. The successful impeachment (but not removal) is nothing more than a historical footnote.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 9:10:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
then to me calling it a coup is the usual TDS.

Yawn.

Get some new material.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 9:23:20 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Last time, objections on this day were half-hearted - they weren't made "properly" (written) and Biden shut it down quickly. A little grandstanding at the time by the members raising what would be called unofficial objections.

This time the grandstanding is perhaps just as futile, but of a higher profile since it will likely consume a bunch of time with 2 hour meetings and votes.

One wild card in the "steal" category would be if Pence and/or republicans were to attempt to unilaterally change the rules and procedures. In this sort of a meeting, the rules are whatever people agree the rules are, votes can happen, and they can be considered official with the recourse being going to court to challenge the legitimacy or constitutionality of the rule change.

So far indications are Pence has no intention of doing this. Who knows if he'll say something as iconic as Biden's 2016 "It's over"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2021 at 9:57:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Yawn.

Get some new material.

Don't need new material. TDS is a continuous malady that keeps on rearing its ugly head.

Today is a day the Democrats should just be rejoicing. In just a few weeks they have the Presidency. They now have the Senate. They still have the House. But rather than focusing on the (presumably) good things that Biden/Pelosi/Shumer will accomplish, they can't help but whine about Trump. TDS.
January 6th, 2021 at 10:50:57 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Dalex64
So far indications are Pence has no intention of doing this. Who knows if he'll say something as iconic as Biden's 2016 "It's over"

Quote: Pence
It is my considered judgement that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not.

So, pretty strong indication there.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2021 at 11:13:37 AM permalink
Dalex64
I give Mitch McConnell the early, and possibly insurmountable, lead in the "iconic moments" category with his remarks today.

https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-electoral-college-2cc27aeb-00b2-4c56-b615-d87ae45c0acc.html

Worth watching the video, and the article has a bunch of key quotes highlighted.
January 6th, 2021 at 11:36:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
And as long as Trump limits himself to losing court cases, and gets his ass out of the White House after the inauguration of President Biden, then to me calling it a coup is the usual TDS. Trump may want a coup, but fortunately our systems are in place to prevent such.

WELL THIS HAS AGED VERY POORLY

In less than a day.

I can’t think of a better phrase for what we are seeing today than “attempted coup.”

https://twitter.com/jim_newell/status/1346899789347233796?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 11:40:51 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Don't need new material. TDS is a continuous malady that keeps on rearing its ugly head.

Today is a day the Democrats should just be rejoicing. In just a few weeks they have the Presidency. They now have the Senate. They still have the House. But rather than focusing on the (presumably) good things that Biden/Pelosi/Shumer will accomplish, they can't help but whine about Trump. TDS.

You were saying?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 6th, 2021 at 11:49:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: JimRockford
You were saying?

LOL! Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean everyone ISN"T out to get you!

The first protester who breached a security checkpoint should have been shot dead. Same for the second one. Etc....

I still am not worried, except for possible violence towards any official. I have been saying for quite some while.... Biden will be President on January 20.... we just have to get through this stupidity.

Teaches us a lesson for electing a man like Trump. But it won't interfere in my Saturday Bill's game viewing. If it does, then I will have TDS.