No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 20th, 2017 at 11:53:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
“Any evidence that the Russians tampered with the votes?”

Comey: “No.”

“Any evidence the Russians tried to tamper with the outcome of the votes? Ballots?”

Comey: “No. No.”

“Any attempt made by the Russians?”

Comey: “No, we’re not aware of any attempt.”

yawn
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 20th, 2017 at 11:57:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Dalex64
The FBI director said "I have no information that supports those tweets"

It's funny: had Trump not sent out those dumb Saturday morning tweets, this hearing would not even be happening and we probably wouldn't have gotten confirmation from the FBI director that yes, they are indeed investigating the Trump campaign for ties to Russia.

But hopefully the righties will continue to tell us about how it was a "brilliant chess move..."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 20th, 2017 at 12:18:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
“As of today, Admiral Rogers, do you have any evidence that Russia cyber actors changed vote tallies in the state of Michigan?”

Rogers: No, I do not

NUNES: How about the state of Pennsylvania?

ROGERS: No, sir.

NUNES: The state of Wisconsin?

NUNES: State of Florida?

RUSH: State of North Carolina?

NUNES: The state of Ohio?

NUNES: So you have no intelligence that suggests or evidence that suggests any votes were changed?

ROGERS: I have nothing generated by the National Security Agency, sir.

NUNES: Director Comey, do you have any evidence at the FBI that any votes were changed in the states that I mentioned to Admiral Rogers?

COMEY: No.

The FBI had actual hard evidence that Nixon
covered up Watergate. The FBI had a real
blue dress with Clinton semen on it that
was hard evidence he lied under oath about
never having 'sexual relations with that woman'.

NUNES: Director Comey, do you have any evidence at the FBI that any votes were changed in the states that I mentioned to Admiral Rogers?

COMEY: No.

I'm investigating if my wife is from Venus.
So far I have no evidence but there's still
an ongoing investigation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 20th, 2017 at 12:33:56 PM permalink
ams288
Awful day for the righties.

Sean Spicer was a wreck during his briefing. Stuttering. Telling blatant mistruths about Paul Manafort. Lashing out at reporters asking questions. I can only assume Melissa McCarthy's next SNL sketch is writing itself....

It must be tense in the West Wing this afternoon. I love it.
March 20th, 2017 at 1:25:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
"And they are all (the Dems) waiting for the day, which they regard as inevitable and imminent, when this theory (Trump/Russia conspiracy) will be proven and Trump will be removed.. so many media figures and online charlatans are personally benefiting from feeding the base increasingly unhinged, fact-free conspiracies.”

‘On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians, there is smoke, but there is no fire at all.. There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.’

The whole hearing boils down to
1 min of video. They admit they
don't have a shred of evidence.

March 20th, 2017 at 1:33:31 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
It's funny: had Trump not sent out those dumb Saturday morning tweets, this hearing would not even be happening and we probably wouldn't have gotten confirmation from the FBI director that yes, they are indeed investigating the Trump campaign for ties to Russia.

But hopefully the righties will continue to tell us about how it was a "brilliant chess move..."

Some people seem to think that the only thing about Russia that is being investigated is whether or not they hacked any voting machines or changed the value of recorded votes.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 20th, 2017 at 1:39:39 PM permalink
ams288
Some people seem to think that the only thing about Russia that is being investigated is whether or not they hacked any voting machines or changed the value of recorded votes.

No one thinks Russians hacked voting machines. That's how desperate the right is.... they're trying to pretend that that is how people think Russia influenced our election, when no one credible ever even suggested that that is how they did it.

People who worked for Donald's campaign and possibly Donald himself are under FBI investigation..... I know how the righties felt now when Hillary was under investigation. It feels good!!

That last Republican congressman summed it up best: There is a "cloud" over this administration now.
March 20th, 2017 at 2:11:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
"And they are all (the Dems) waiting for the day, which they regard as inevitable and imminent, when this theory (Trump/Russia conspiracy) will be proven and Trump will be removed.. so many media figures and online charlatans are personally benefiting from feeding the base increasingly unhinged, fact-free conspiracies.

Fact is, Trump was such a doofus with his several strange pro-putin/Russian comments that you should blame him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 20th, 2017 at 2:25:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Some people seem to think that the only thing about Russia that is being investigated

Comey said he was given permission to
talk to congress about this investigation.
Only one person has that authority, the
Attorney General. Only one person would
tell Sessions to do it and that's Trump.

Trump and Sessions know there's no
evidence and none came out today.
Charles Grassley tweeted that Comey
told him recently that there is no specific
investigation of a Trump/Russia connection
because there's not the slightest whiff of evidence
to investigate. This is a set up by Trump
and Sessions so Comey can come back
in 6 weeks and proclaim the investigation
is over. It's just another trump chess move.
March 20th, 2017 at 2:45:17 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Comey said he was given permission to
talk to congress about this investigation.
Only one person has that authority, the
Attorney General. Only one person would
tell Sessions to do it and that's Trump.

Trump and Sessions know there's no
evidence and none came out today.
Charles Grassley tweeted that Comey
told him recently that there is no specific
investigation of a Trump/Russia connection
because there's not the slightest whiff of evidence
to investigate. This is a set up by Trump
and Sessions so Comey can come back
in 6 weeks and proclaim the investigation
is over. It's just another trump chess move.

WRONG.

Sessions recused himself. It was the deputy AG who gave Comey the permission to speak to Congress.

Your whole post is based on an incorrect assumption.

Embarrassing.

Quote:
Acting deputy AG Dana Boente approved Comey statement about FBI probe of Trump-Russia link, informed source tells Yahoo News