2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 27th, 2018 at 5:04:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Those are false generalizations. America was founded on the principle (stated) of freedom FROM religion, and (implied) the separation of church and state. Public businesses holding a civil business license are generally expected to serve the public.

Litmus religious tests outside of a church-run business run afoul of that. The intersection often ends up in court. Decisions have gone both ways, some narrow, some broad.

No, there was no intent of "freedom from religion." The Constitution itself is dated "in the year of our Lord" as are many other legal documents pre-1900. It was founded with the intent of no "state religion" as was the case of the Church of England. I assume you are aware that POTUS is sworn in on a Bible? Sorry, but you are very, very incorrect in the way you have stated that.

The government can and should ban entry of those who will do the USA harm. If this means an entire country, religion, or any other broad group then so be it. But again, I find it weird that liberals defend islam when islam treats women, gays, and nonbelievers in ways that liberals seem to hate so much. Which is why I do not believe it is about liberals wanting to defend muslims, it is about liberals wanting to tear down the status-quo of the nation.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 8:26:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
But again, I find it weird that liberals defend islam when islam treats women, gays, and nonbelievers in ways that liberals seem to hate so much.

Do you find it weird that we defend people from criminal accusations until you can prove they did something wrong?. That's not a hard standard to understand.

People enter the US. Other than being from another country, what other crime are you pinning on them right off.

edit-- just to be clear I assume we're talking about people from the 7 banned countries trying to enter legally not the whole issue of people spilling over the border secretly
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2018 at 8:35:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Do you find it weird that we defend people from criminal accusations until you can prove they did something wrong?. That's not a hard standard to understand.

Actually I do find it weird as liberals are the first to want to punish someone for just having wrong thoughts.

Quote:
People enter the US. Other than being from another country, what other crime are you pinning on them right off.

Doesn't matter if they committed a crime or not. Entry to a foreign nation is not a right. Refusing entry to those from countries and cultures that are known enemies is just smart policy.

Look at the problems in Europe from mass islamic migration. I don't want that here. If that means we "judge people as a group" I say "so what?" This is the real world, not a classroom or the faculty lounge.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 7:16:27 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Hey AZDuffman -- are you tired of winning yet? I'm not!
June 27th, 2018 at 8:10:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: aceofspades
Hey AZDuffman -- are you tired of winning yet? I'm not!

I can take another 6.5 years of it!

What I do not get is how can the liberals not be tired of looking silly at their crazy predictions. They said he would not even show up at the debates, and got sillier from there.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 9:44:51 PM permalink
aceofspades
I can take another 6.5 years of it!

What I do not get is how can the liberals not be tired of looking silly at their crazy predictions. They said he would not even show up at the debates, and got sillier from there.

June 28th, 2018 at 3:39:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump-Putin summit to be announced.

Most of the haters have not woken up yet today. We should hear the screaming soon.

I can see the conversation:

"Yeah, sorry about that 'reset button' thing, but don't look at me as we are the ones who had to put up with her........"
The President is a fink.
June 28th, 2018 at 6:31:54 AM permalink
aceofspades
Trump-Putin summit to be announced.

Most of the haters have not woken up yet today. We should hear the screaming soon.

I can see the conversation:

"Yeah, sorry about that 'reset button' thing, but don't look at me as we are the ones who had to put up with her........"

HAHA
June 28th, 2018 at 7:36:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wonder if Putin will show Donald the pee tape or not during the summit. That'll keep him on his leash.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2018 at 9:58:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sen Trey Gowdy says to get the Russia investigation finished because it is tearing the country apart. Boy is he a rose colored glasses wearing pollyanna. Trump will continue to do that all by himself, investigation or not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?