2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 1st, 2018 at 8:16:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Is Trump claiming credit for this financial news, reported by Fox news research?

How do you claim credit for something the
Fed did. Now it's gone up almost 1000
so far this week, maybe he can take
credit for that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2018 at 10:54:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Correct. There is a ton written on this
subject, and it all comes to the same
conclusion.

Research has found that eyewitness testimony can be very unreliable.. Although witnesses can often be very confident that their memory is accurate..the malleable nature of human memory and visual perception makes eyewitness testimony one of the most unreliable forms of evidence.

Going to a hour plus show in the last 6 months, versus a brief view of an unknown person? There's no memory issue to debate unless it's you own memory about what you read.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2018 at 4:57:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Going to a hour plus show in the last 6 months, versus a brief view of an unknown person? There's no memory issue to debate unless it's you own memory about what you read.

ROTFL
This is rich
EB can never use eyewitness testimony in his arguments.
Somebody sits in a sold out room for hours and EB compares that memory of a brief glance
chuckle
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2018 at 5:31:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine

She did a THREE HOUR standup set. We were there from 8-11pm.

At the start, she warned us that she was going to go for three hours. She said feel free to get up to pee, leave if you have babysitter issues, etc. She wouldn't mind. I saw many people get up for potty/snack/drink breaks, but I didn't notice anyone leave the show early.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2018 at 6:19:04 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
This is just too funny

Trump: "You have caravans coming up that look a lot larger than it's reported actually. I'm pretty good at estimating crowd size. And I'll tell you they look a lot bigger than people would think,"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/01/trump-says-border-troops-could-hit-15k-surprising-pentagon.html

The Pentagon is planning on mobilizing 5 to 7 thousand troops. The announcement hasn't helped republican polling numbers, so he ups his game - 10k troops, 15k! Well that's news to the Pentagon.

And now the only person who knows the real size of the caravans is Trump himself - he is pretty good at estimating crowd size!

He is acting truely desperate, trying to buy votes (phantom tax cut) trying to scare votes, while the republicans have been working very hard to suppress votes.

In Michigan, in my county, nearly 50,000 absentee ballots have been mailed out, more than double the amount of the last election. The county has been strongly Democrat for the past 25 years or so. So I will give credit for Trump for one thing - increasing voter turnout.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 2nd, 2018 at 6:30:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

He is acting truely desperate, trying to buy votes (phantom tax cut) trying to scare votes, while the republicans have been working very hard to suppress votes.

How is it exactly that the GOP is working to suppress votes?
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2018 at 6:55:42 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
She did a THREE HOUR standup set. We were there from 8-11pm.

At the start, she warned us that she was going to go for three hours. She said feel free to get up to pee, leave if you have babysitter issues, etc. She wouldn't mind. I saw many people get up for potty/snack/drink breaks, but I didn't notice anyone leave the show early.

I used to go to sold out Madison Square Garden all the time to see the Grateful Dead back in the day
Sitting there for 4 hours eyewitnessing a soldout crowd
I could of sworn the place was packed
but
Maybe EB is right, maybe I miss remembered and Madison Square Garden was empty. ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2018 at 6:59:03 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression_in_the_United_States

Two recent in the news examples are an exact-match law, and a street address requirement law, and many examples of harassment and unequal treatment under the various laws.

A lot of this is perpetuated under the lie that voter fraud is a big problem, when evidence supports voter suppression as an actual widespread problem and voter fraud is very minor and limited.

The news is filled with republican dirty tricks aimed to suppress votes. Closing polling stations in Democrat areas, in areas where people have limited personal transportation, reducing polling place hours, one example of sudden "road construction" that "forced" a polling place to be closed. It goes on and on.

I am not surprised that you would try to claim ignorance on this, and won't be surprised when you refuse to acknowledge that any of these acts are problems.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 2nd, 2018 at 7:01:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I am not surprised that you would try to claim ignorance on this, and won't be surprised when you refuse to acknowledge that any of these acts are problems.

Yeah. He’s not even worth engaging on this. The gaslighting gets old fast.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2018 at 7:14:42 AM permalink
terapined
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression_in_the_United_States

Two recent in the news examples are an exact-match law, and a street address requirement law, and many examples of harassment and unequal treatment under the various laws.

A lot of this is perpetuated under the lie that voter fraud is a big problem, when evidence supports voter suppression as an actual widespread problem and voter fraud is very minor and limited.

The news is filled with republican dirty tricks aimed to suppress votes. Closing polling stations in Democrat areas, in areas where people have limited personal transportation, reducing polling place hours, one example of sudden "road construction" that "forced" a polling place to be closed. It goes on and on.

Even a voter like me was harassed
I was in total shock
I already voted and I actually had a hard time voting
They did not like my signature. They said my signature needed to match
WTF, Its a signature, no 2 exactly alike, simply similar
They actually refused my signature, it was not similar enough.
I had to sign again trying to imitate exactly my sig on my License.
She studied the sig a few min then allowed me to vote
Really sad what this country has come to