First 100 Days of Trump

April 21st, 2017 at 11:24:17 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
You are speaking for yourself. There are PLENTY of Trump voters who already have buyers remorse.

I wonder what an election do-over would look like.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 21st, 2017 at 11:30:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed

So you don't think people can support the Golden Boy and yet wish they'd voted for, say, Rubio or Kasich in the primaries, so that perhaps they'd have a real adult in the White House?

If you have a way of teasing that figure out of the available data be glad to look at it. The problem with you Trump haters is that your hate is at such a visceral level that you can't imagine that anybody could willingly support him that actually has a brain. Awaiting with bated breath your answer on that set-up. Make it creative Nareed not the low lying fruit ;-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 21st, 2017 at 11:35:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: kenarman
The problem with you Trump haters is that your hate is at such a visceral level that you can't imagine that anybody could willingly support him that actually has a brain.

Judging from the available evidence, they actually do.

Surprised?

Golden Boy, on the other hand... Well, a defective brain is still a brain, I suppose.
April 21st, 2017 at 11:39:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The problem with you Trump haters is that your hate is at such a visceral level that you can't imagine that anybody could willingly support him that actually has a brain.

?????
Wrong
I have neighbors and friends that support Trump. They are intelligent people. I played golf with Soopoo, a trump supporter and a Doctor. No doubt Soopoo is a smart guy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2017 at 11:41:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Go back and read my original post to Nareed. Trump has lost little if any support from those who voted for him.

I did read it. You provided no evidence.

His poll numbers have fallen way below the share of the vote he got in November. That right there tells you he's lost a large chunk of people.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2017 at 11:52:53 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I tend to find that I am attracted to the weird and extraordinary, but something about a Mexican arguing with a Canadian over a US president is breaking me right now.

It's just such an odd thing. I mean, I get it. US is huge, and whatever we do affects the world; certainly it affects our next door neighbors. I just... I dunno. I just can't imagine me arguing with Aussie about Ms. Theresa May lol.

Sort of on topic (but still not really =p) I happened to hear the most brilliant piece of political observation today. It came from Lewis Black, and I was shocked that I ain't heard it before. But this one caught my attention, as he was railing on one of my biggest peeves and that is the party system. He was basically going on and on how he does not understand how someone can call themselves a Democrat or a Republican, and summarized it thus - "Our two party system is a bowl of shit looking at itself in the mirror."

Succinct, smart, sublime.

I sincerely hope our more rabid members can self check themselves. I understand the self labels of "liberal" or "conservative", I understand the personal belief systems that would cause one to identify. But this love of party s#$%... I ain't even sure if it boggles my mind, pisses me off, or scares the s#$% out of me. Something about it seems very off and unwise =/
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 21st, 2017 at 12:02:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
But this love of party s#$%... I ain't even sure if it boggle/

It's not love of party, it's hatred of
the other party. It matters little
now. Obama so devastated the
Dems over his 8 years of nonsense
rule, it will be a generation before
they recover. He got re-elected, but
Dems were losing in droves everywhere
else. In congress, the senate, governorships,
state legislatures. They guilt/loved Barry,
but hated his policies and handiwork.
Now they're paying the price.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2017 at 12:50:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
I did read it. You provided no evidence.

His poll numbers have fallen way below the share of the vote he got in November. That right there tells you he's lost a large chunk of people.

You didn't do the home work then as I requested of Nareed. You when you dig into the polls (done by either side) they show those that voted for him are still supporting him. His personal support is higher then either Paul Ryan or congress. The headlines are like a sound bite pick a poll and spend 15 minutes going into the data.

If you look at the headline number a quick way to understand it is to compare this number to the equivalent polls election prediction. They have tracked pretty close. The did not reply, fudge factors and biasis' are still all in place for their approval polls. Is Trump still under 50% of course because I am not sure anybody who voted for Hillary has changed sides.
April 21st, 2017 at 12:52:35 PM permalink
kenarman
I tend to find that I am attracted to the weird and extraordinary, but something about a Mexican arguing with a Canadian over a US president is breaking me right now.

It's just such an odd thing. I mean, I get it. US is huge, and whatever we do affects the world; certainly it affects our next door neighbors. I just... I dunno. I just can't imagine me arguing with Aussie about Ms. Theresa May lol.

Sort of on topic (but still not really =p) I happened to hear the most brilliant piece of political observation today. It came from Lewis Black, and I was shocked that I ain't heard it before. But this one caught my attention, as he was railing on one of my biggest peeves and that is the party system. He was basically going on and on how he does not understand how someone can call themselves a Democrat or a Republican, and summarized it thus - "Our two party system is a bowl of shit looking at itself in the mirror."

Succinct, smart, sublime.

I sincerely hope our more rabid members can self check themselves. I understand the self labels of "liberal" or "conservative", I understand the personal belief systems that would cause one to identify. But this love of party s#$%... I ain't even sure if it boggles my mind, pisses me off, or scares the s#$% out of me. Something about it seems very off and unwise =/

Glad to keep you amused Face. Those of us who sleep next to the elephant like to know where he might step next.
April 21st, 2017 at 12:57:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Sort of on topic (but still not really =p) I happened to hear the most brilliant piece of political observation today.

It's high time to end one-party rule.

It may have gotten lost in the shuffle that Trumpcare was submitted as a budget reconciliation bill. Why? Because such bills don't require the votes of 60 senators to end debate and vote. IN other words, they don't require the other party at all (if you have a majority in Congress).

But before any Democrats get on their high horse, they did pretty much the same thing when they had a majority, too.

Both parties are very wrong in their political philosophies, but both parties get some things right. Often the right pieces from one can offset the worst of the wrong pieces from the other. But as long as you shut out the other party from legislation, whichever the other party happens to be, what you get are wild swings between extremes.