Visa Ban

Page 19 of 20« First<1617181920>
February 9th, 2017 at 6:16:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The presidency may not be the best post for on the job training.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 9th, 2017 at 8:42:19 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Nareed

Yesterday Judge Gorsuch reportedly referred negatively to Golden Boy's attack on the judiciary. I'm sure Golden Boy will instruct him what to do when his immigration whim reaches the Supreme Court. If Gorsuch is the man his record suggests he is, he will remind Golden Boy about the separation of powers, and the fact the judiciary works for the people and not for the Executive branch of government. Hopefully this won't make him withdraw the nomination.

It seems as though Gorsuch may not be the complete Republican/Trump toady and puppet that the Republicans were hoping for. He may wind up having a backbone and an actual respect for the law, which is not what they had in mind at all--they wanted a rubber stamp man.

This absolute dictatorship thing is SO full of pitfalls...
February 10th, 2017 at 6:18:24 AM permalink
Nareed
Cute headline on the paper today: Ponen Muro Legal a Orden de trump.

Translation: Legal Wall Erected Around Golden Boy's Order.
February 10th, 2017 at 6:56:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: stinkingliberal
It seems as though Gorsuch may not be the complete Republican/Trump toady and puppet that the Republicans were hoping for.

Several Dems are suspicious that Gorsuch's negative comments about Donald were pre-planned and only done to win Dem votes in the Senate.

In other words....

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 10th, 2017 at 8:18:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: stinkingliberal
It seems as though Gorsuch may not be the complete Republican/Trump toady and puppet that the Republicans were hoping for. He may wind up having a backbone and an actual respect for the law, which is not what they had in mind at all--they wanted a rubber stamp man.

Sometimes you can't tell. If you judge by rulings, you might think Justice Kennedy was nominated by a pinko liberal, right?

Gorsuch seems the best we can do from a man-child, clueless, inexperienced debutante, who seems to favor hardline wingnuts for every position.

The Democrats should look at his record and any other relevant information before they filibuster his nomination in simple revenge for GOP inaction on Judge Garland in Obama's last year. Surely if he's a fit candidate, they should confirm him, and oppose Trump where they can 1) win and 2) make a real difference. Golden Boy isn't Ronald Reagan. he won't back down and nominate someone more agreeable if his first pick is rejected.
February 10th, 2017 at 10:01:31 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Several Dems are suspicious that Gorsuch's negative comments about Donald were pre-planned and only done to win Dem votes in the Senate.

I would buy that. It's a safe comment!

Supreme Court nominee called president’s attacks on judiciary ‘disheartening and demoralizing.
February 10th, 2017 at 11:25:54 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
IMPEACHMENT ? Stinky, you probably believe Bill did not have sexual relations with that woman.
February 10th, 2017 at 11:28:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: buzzardknot
IMPEACHMENT ? Stinky, you probably believe Bill did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Bill Clinton was terrible
but
Trump the chump is a gazillion times worse
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 10th, 2017 at 12:45:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Pacomartin
I would buy that. It's a safe comment!

Supreme Court nominee called president’s attacks on judiciary ‘disheartening and demoralizing.

I am surprised that you would make that comment Paco. It means that there is absolutely no trust left in the system if a moderate like you believes that a sitting judge up for nomination in the highest court in the land will lie to get appointed. How can we expect other nations to think that the US might tell the truth about something when every citizen of the country only believes with what fits his world view. I hope I am old enough that my time on earth will end before this degenerates to anarchy.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 10th, 2017 at 12:58:32 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot

I actually don't give a flying crap about whether he did or not, and whatever he did or didn't do is utterly irrelevant to the discussion (to possibly overly dignify what is occurring here), but having sex with an intern or with the entire Dallas Cowboys cheerleader squad, for that matter, wasn't an impeachable offense in that in didn't affect Clinton's execution of the duties of his office.

You tighty-righties have GOT to let go of the stupid idea that just because sane people (liberals) oppose Trump, that they're in love with the Clintons. You also have to let go of the idea, though it was beaten to death by the Orange One, that Bill's indiscretions twenty years ago had any relevance to Hillary's candidacy.

If Trump is impeached, it will be due to his disregard for the law, not because a tape of him in submissive bondage sex with Ivanka surfaces.
Page 19 of 20« First<1617181920>