Visa Ban

Page 18 of 20« First<151617181920>
February 6th, 2017 at 6:52:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: buzzardknot
Gee, I thought Trump was elected President. Or am I just having a lucid interval?

Elected means elected, has nothing to do with qualified or even fit to be in office. But if you'd like to claim otherwise, be careful where that assumption will take you. You will then be endorsing people you didn't expect to be endorsing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2017 at 7:39:44 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
"If an organization is F***** up at the top, it really becomes dysfunctional. There's no real outlet for resolving the problems. "

Yes there was, That is why Hillary lost. Voters were sick and tired of being ignored. Life long Democrats, who had never voted Republican , not even for dogcatcher, had enough !

Remember Nafta, was gonna raise the wages in Mexico so they could buy products manufactured in America ? How medical premiums were gonna go down or at least level out for the working man ? Blacks were going to get jobs, crime would go down in inner cities ? And now how dare Trump name somebody who might do something about public education, other than just throw money at it ?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/27/white-house-wont-veto-dc-school-voucher-bill/

And the vouchers are less than the average spent on students in public schools. But grades, safety, graduates going on to College are all substantially higher.
February 6th, 2017 at 8:37:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
"If an organization is F***** up at the top, it really becomes dysfunctional. There's no real outlet for resolving the problems. "

Yes there was, That is why Hillary lost. Voters were sick and tired of being ignored. Life long Democrats, who had never voted Republican , not even for dogcatcher, had enough !

Remember Nafta, was gonna raise the wages in Mexico so they could buy products manufactured in America ? How medical premiums were gonna go down or at least level out for the working man ? Blacks were going to get jobs, crime would go down in inner cities ? And now how dare Trump name somebody who might do something about public education, other than just throw money at it ?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/27/white-house-wont-veto-dc-school-voucher-bill/

And the vouchers are less than the average spent on students in public schools. But grades, safety, graduates going on to College are all substantially higher.

Betty Devos?

Quote:
DeVos is married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO of multi-level marketing company Amway, and is the daughter-in-law of billionaire and Amway co-founder Richard DeVos.[8][9] Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA.[10][11] DeVos is the daughter of Edgar Prince, founder of the Prince Corporation.[12][13]

Amway & Blackwater connections, well yuck. Well she owes a debt to society just for being connected to Amway.

Anyway, every time someone suggests Trump was the answer to Hillary, just makes me think they got sick of weak porridge and now prefer poison and setting themselves on fire.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2017 at 9:10:37 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Yeah, it's just like Stinky told me. They voted Democrat their whole lives, now they are deplorable. Her brother was a Navy seal, how deplorable. Just how does her marriage disqualify her from Secretary of Education ? Yeah, we are all just suicidal for not drinking the Democratic Kool Aid.
February 6th, 2017 at 9:19:24 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
" It's hard to know which gossip to believe and which gossip to dismiss " Ignore the ones that show Trump in a favorable light. Believe everything negative about Trump. That's what Stinky told me to do. Especially when the source is a reliable source , someone inside the administration, high unnamed officials, etc.

This should be easy for you. There's absolutely nothing positive in the news about Trump as he stumbles and fumbles his way along.

It's been obvious from the start that Bannon, aside from being a white supremacist asshole, intends to be Trump's puppet master. So far, Trump seems to be letting him do that because he's too lazy to find out the details of his grand edicts and the laws that apply to them.
February 6th, 2017 at 9:27:42 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Gee, I thought Trump was elected President. Or am I just having a lucid interval?

So what if he was elected? Incompetents get hired for all sorts of jobs in all sorts of contexts. That usually happens because the hiring entity overlooks the candidate's incompetence in favor of some extraneous factor. For Trumpers, that factor was that they loved his racist bigoted asshole shtick. So they hired that piece of garbage for one of the most difficult, complicated jobs in the world. He's showing now why he was a terrible choice--because, to put it simply, he's utterly incapable of performing the job.

To continue the analogy, our country's HR department f****d up big time, and we need to fire all the Trumpers who picked the worst person for the job. We have the impeachment process to correct errors like this, but too many Republicans love-licked Trump, for better or worse, to think that enough of them would admit they were idiots and throw him under the impeachment bus. They are more or less committed to going down on him, oops, I mean with him.
February 6th, 2017 at 9:32:36 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: rxwine

Anyway, every time someone suggests Trump was the answer to Hillary, just makes me think they got sick of weak porridge and now prefer poison and setting themselves on fire.

Trumpers made that choice willingly. Millions of idiots disliked Hillary and extrapolated that to say that Trump would be a better President than her.

Trumper father to daughter: I don't think you should go out with that young man any more because I don't like the car he drives. You should go out with this nice ax murderer who was just released from the state mental hospital instead. He will make your life great again!
February 9th, 2017 at 4:49:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump lost in court
Uh-oh
Looks like Trump is bringing out the big guns
He went all Caps in his last tweet
"SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!"
wow, all caps, that should show the judges :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 9th, 2017 at 5:35:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Trump lost in court

Golden Boy did not lose. The civilized Western World won in court.

Quote:
Looks like Trump is bringing out the big guns
He went all Caps in his last tweet

Yesterday Judge Gorsuch reportedly referred negatively to Golden Boy's attack on the judiciary. I'm sure Golden Boy will instruct him what to do when his immigration whim reaches the Supreme Court. If Gorsuch is the man his record suggests he is, he will remind Golden Boy about the separation of powers, and the fact the judiciary works for the people and not for the Executive branch of government. Hopefully this won't make him withdraw the nomination.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 9th, 2017 at 5:57:28 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
And trump attacked the representative for misrepresenting what gorsuch said, even though what he said was verified.

And the all-caps tweet is so mature.

It is all so comical, the way he makes a fool of himself.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 18 of 20« First<151617181920>