WHERE HAVE DEMOCRATS GONE WRONG ???????????????????????????????????????

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
Poll
5 votes (71.42%)
2 votes (28.57%)
4 votes (57.14%)
2 votes (28.57%)
3 votes (42.85%)
2 votes (28.57%)
2 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

February 15th, 2017 at 12:16:43 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
No, it really makes no sense. I see comments
here and I look at the source and I
get it. I see the protests and the insane behavior
and airhead Hollywood going berzerk and it
makes sense. But looking at you, I don't get it.
You seem like a really smart dude.

And yet, you seem unable to comprehend how a smart person could have opinions and beliefs that are directly opposed to yours.

Here's where you go off the rails. Look at what you just said about "protests and the insane behavior and airhead Hollywood..." Can you truly not see that good, honest, decent people are outraged by what is happening? You refer to anyone who is not licking Trump's balls in condescending fashion. No one is legitimately protesting--they're "whining." No one is legitimately pointing out Trump's excesses--they're all "losers who can't accept the truth."

If you want to understand how I and millions of others can take liberal positions, you have to be prepared to accept that the idea of people being bullied and mistreated bothers a lot of people more than it evidently bothers you. That's fine--we're all wired differently. You may, in fact, not be able to comprehend the outrage out there, because you really don't care. Again, fine--but at least accept it. When Trump commits espionage and tries to bully the judiciary, some of us aren't just angered--we're horrified. Our reactions are consistent with our worldview, which, yes, is oriented toward universal equality under the law and human rights. When you characterize that kind of thinking as "crazy," it shuts off dialogue and prevents you from understanding how other people think.
February 15th, 2017 at 12:19:51 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: buzzardknot
Only the insane love Trump. That's what Stinky says. Evidently you are wrong.

LOVE Trump. Those who merely tolerate him, or even those who grudgingly support him, may have thrown their morality in the crapper, but they aren't insane. I fully acknowledge that a person could have a wide variety of ulterior motives for being a Trumper. Those with the lowest-numbered Party badges got the best jobs in the Reich.
February 15th, 2017 at 12:26:11 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: buzzardknot
Makes me sick thinking of people who legally have been waiting years to immigrate legally to this country. What is prejudiced is insisting that Mexicans somehow have the right to enter illegally , because, well, they are Mexican.

No one has ever said that. It's a typical Trumper straw man argument. Oppose mass roundups and deportations and you must be in favor of open borders and letting all those filthy Messkins overrun the country.

You don't seem to realize that Mexicans being in this country is a fait accompli. Maybe we should have met them with bombs, machine guns, and tear gas at the border. But since we didn't, they have lives and husbands and wives and children and are part of the social fabric of the US. Those who are an actual danger should be deported. But those who have settled here and have carved out peaceful lives--why not just leave them alone? Why let tribalism and racial hatred blot our our country's common decency?
February 15th, 2017 at 1:40:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
And yet, you seem unable to comprehend how a smart person .

Exactly. How a smart person like you
could be in lock step with airhead
Hollywood. The taunting and the
name calling, it stops intelligent
debate in it's tracks. How you could
be a Clinton supporter. She's so tired
and so lame and so bought and paid
for.

You seem much more intelligent
than that. Something is missing from
this equation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2017 at 9:47:04 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
" Why let tribalism and racial hatred blot our our country's common decency? " STINKY, have a nice day. I always refrain from arguing with a drunk, because the next day, they don't even remember it. But in the morning at least they are sober.
If a person is for legal immigration, they are a racist in your mind. Trump is a traitor, Hitler, whatever in your mind. Republicans control the Senate, Governors in 32 states, which have 61% of the population, and you rant about gerrymandering and voter fraud ????
You will always see what you want to see. I am just gonna block all your threads until 2020, when Trump will be re-elected. Have a nice 4 years until then.
February 15th, 2017 at 10:37:14 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Exactly. How a smart person like you
could be in lock step with airhead
Hollywood. The taunting and the
name calling, it stops intelligent
debate in it's tracks. How you could
be a Clinton supporter. She's so tired
and so lame and so bought and paid
for.

You seem much more intelligent
than that. Something is missing from
this equation.

What's missing in your mind is the realization that I'm NOT "in lock step" with anyone. Nor am I, or have I ever been, a Clinton supporter. If I'm in a restaurant and there are only two choices on the menu, and one is a dogshit casserole, I'll order the Turnip Surprise instead. Doesn't mean I like turnips. I advocated for Clinton as by far the better choice. That we only had two choices is perhaps a major flaw of the system.

That lack of understanding isn't reflected on my side, though. I KNOW why people voted for Trump. Hatred and fear are two of the strongest human emotions, and the weak-minded let themselves be dominated by them. In the minds of those people, none of the shit said or done by the Orange Orangutan mattered. It was primitive, it was animalistic, it was savage, and it worked fantastically for Trump. THEY are the cause of your troubles. I will eliminate THEM and your lives will be wonderful again.
February 15th, 2017 at 11:37:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
and it worked fantastically for Trump. THEY are the cause of your troubles.

No no no. As I said all along before the
election, Obama was the cause of all our
troubles, stopping Hillary was the object
of the election. Four more years of Obama
would have been a disaster. I said over
and over during the campaign, who cares
what kind of president Trump is, he will
get us off the path of national suicide
Obama had us on.

So it's over, that's what you don't seem to
realize. Hillary and the Clinton's are gone,
Obama has no power anymore. Just today
the IRS announced you no longer have
to check the 'Do you have insurance' box
on your tax form. It's a small thing, but it
means mandatory Obamacare is over.
Humana announced today they're pulling
out. Obamacare doesn't have to be repealed,
it's now dead in the water.

Throw as much energy behind getting rid of
Trump as you like. It's like nailing shut the
barn door after the horse got out and ran
away. All your energy should have been
behind getting Hillary in the WH, now you're
a day late and a dollar short, flailing at windmills.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2017 at 1:59:38 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
(the usual)

Racism, sexism, xenophobia, tribalism, bigotry, and fear. The rocket fuel of the Right.
February 15th, 2017 at 2:30:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Racism, sexism, xenophobia, tribalism, bigotry, and fear.

Whatever it took, the mission was accomplished,
She is gone. You make that list like sound those are
bad things. It's the operating list of every politician.
Page 6 of 6« First<3456