The Trump Impeachment Thread

February 11th, 2021 at 11:51:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: fleaswatter
Chaos in the Senate: Democrat Impeachment Managers Withdraw Statements Falsely Attributed to Sen. Mike Lee

My goodness, what a complete clown show. Everyone should watch the first video in the linked webpage.

Senator Leahy, the "judge" at the impeachment "trial" has no clue what to do and it seems that some lady in a gray suit is actually running things. Leahy can be heard just repeating what she is saying. What a joke.

So true! Funny that the HIGHEST official to be eligible to do this after the SC Chief Justice is Vice President Harris. She would at least be able to handle the complexities of saying ‘next!’

Give me a break.
You jump on this?
Lol
It's a minor error that in the end is much ado about nothing.
This won't even come up in history
But
History will remember Trumps 2nd impeachment
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2021 at 12:09:41 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Chaos in the Senate: Democrat Impeachment Managers Withdraw Statements Falsely Attributed to Sen. Mike Lee

My goodness, what a complete clown show. Everyone should watch the first video in the linked webpage.

Senator Leahy, the "judge" at the impeachment "trial" has no clue what to do and it seems that some lady in a gray suit is actually running things. Leahy can be heard just repeating what she is saying. What a joke.

So true! Funny that the HIGHEST official to be eligible to do this after the SC Chief Justice is Vice President Harris. She would at least be able to handle the complexities of saying ‘next!’

Another member also responded to this post of yours. From their response it is completely obvious that he did not even bother to actually watch the video. If he did by some chance watch it, I am 100% dumbfounded by his response.
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 12:18:05 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

Another member also responded to this post of yours. From their response it is completely obvious that he did not even bother to actually watch the video. If he did by some chance watch it, I am 100% dumbfounded by his response.

Yeah but you weren't dumbfounded when Trump suggested to his would be rioters to assassinate Hillary Clinton.

Nuff said.
February 11th, 2021 at 2:35:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Pro tip: responding indirectly to other members’ posts is sad. Just quote Terapined’s post if you want to respond. Don’t pull a Shrek on us and pretend you have everyone blocked.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 11th, 2021 at 4:44:13 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
OOPS, look like dems played the wrong video during the "trial" today.

P.S. dems: The Charlottesville you were talking about today is in Virginia, NOT North Carolina or West Virginia
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 7:07:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
OOPS, look like dems played the wrong video during the "trial" today.

P.S. dems: The Charlottesville you were talking about today is in Virginia, NOT North Carolina or West Virginia

Ty Flea. I hope the defense team just shows that. And rests its case. Will save lots of time. I hate wastes of time. Also known as the Democrat strategy. I’m guessing 57 vote to convict. 43 to acquit. 10 short of number needed to convict.
February 11th, 2021 at 7:30:17 PM permalink
Tripdufan

Ty Flea. I hope the defense team just shows that. And rests its case. Will save lots of time. I hate wastes of time. Also known as the Democrat strategy. I’m guessing 57 vote to convict. 43 to acquit. 10 short of number needed to convict.

Is it a waste of time because the Republican Party that you said was in trouble refuses to break their contract with the devil?

You're not sitting at home and wondering why they are in trouble...are you? I hope not.
February 11th, 2021 at 8:36:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tripdufan
Is it a waste of time because the Republican Party that you said was in trouble refuses to break their contract with the devil?

3 years and 350 some days of loyalty almost got Mike Pence lynched.

It's hard for me to differentiate between loyal Trump supporters and beaten women who keep making excuses for the vile wife beater husband they think loves them.

I don't think a single person Trump respects likes him. Because anyone who likes Trump is just a doormat for Trump to walk on to get to somewhere else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 12th, 2021 at 6:59:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan

You're not sitting at home and wondering why they are in trouble...are you? I hope not.

You are obviously correct. Trump has cut the Republican Party in half. They are in obvious trouble. Here is my take on his 2nd impeachment.

I believe it is 100% constitutional. There is NO WAY the framers wanted a President to get a free pass in the waning moments of their Presidency.

If the only evidence is using Trump’s quotes like ‘fight like hell’. ‘Don’t let them steal the election’. And the like.... those are ‘trumped’ by him clearly and unambiguously stating to do it ‘peacefully’. All the anti-Trumpers will repeatedly say they follow his orders.... except when they didn’t! I do not think the fact that his supporters are the criminals that stormed the Capitol is enough evidence to convict HIM. I mean, there were dozens of examples of political leaders egging on BLM ‘peaceful protests’ that anyone could foresee a violent end game. No one has charged any of those political
leaders with anything. To my knowledge, none have been removed from office. Just like with Trump, they can be removed by being voted out. If I need to remind you, Trump has been voted out.

The reason I might vote to convict is this. Once the insurrection started if it can be shown that he intentionally withheld aid in trying to end the insurrection, then to me THAT is defoliation of duty that would rise to the level of conviction. I am not sure the House Impeachment Managers proved that. To be fair, I did not watch the entire presentation, as it seemed like each manager just said the same thing the previous manager said, presenting no new evidence. The repetitive showing the insurrection was unnecessary in proving their case. It was done repeatedly for show, and that was quite obvious. I think there are people who could TESTIFY that he was aware and SPECIFICALLY withheld assistance for

My wife made a great point.... if and when he is charged with any criminal complaint, Trump will likely be acquitted there too. Jury selection will likely include some ‘Trumpers’, even if mostly ‘Trump haters’. To convict, has to be unanimous.
February 12th, 2021 at 7:25:00 AM permalink
TominNV
If the only evidence is using Trump’s quotes like ‘fight like hell’. ‘Don’t let them steal the election’. And the like.... those are ‘trumped’ by him clearly and unambiguously stating to do it ‘peacefully’. All the anti-Trumpers will repeatedly say they follow his orders.... except when they didn’t!

That is absolutely not the only evidence. In addition to denying the most basic defenses that would have prevented the violence, another big piece of evidence is that the terrorists who attacked the Capitol said themselves they were doing this on orders from Trump. The falsely yelling fire in a crowded theatre analogy is overused, but in this case it is like Trump yelled "friar", and is trying to use that as his defense, even when everyone else heard "fire". Trump knew what those people were hearing, even if he did say "peacefully" one time in his hour long speech. If he didn't know that, then it was his words combined with his ignorance that allowed the violence to happen.

In addition, Trump's lies led those terrorists to believe the 2020 election was fraudulent and full of illegal voting. That was the primary motivation behind the attack. None of the politicians who will be voting to acquit Trump are willing to agree with the idea that the result of American elections of based on fraudulent votes. As an aside, if anyone believes those lies, shouldn't that be a clear indication that Trump failed in his promise to Make America Great Again. Of course no person who has ever supported Trump has ever done so because they have any sense of logic.

I mean, there were dozens of examples of political leaders egging on BLM ‘peaceful protests’ that anyone could foresee a violent end game. No one has charged any of those political leaders with anything.

Anytime someone has to bring up "What-about-ism" as a reason there should not be responsibility or accountability, the entire premise of the argument falls apart.