The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 1st, 2017 at 1:17:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
I'm seeing story after story about how Flynn is cooperating with the Special Counsel. There are tons of things Mueller could have charged Flynn with. The fact they went with "lying to the FBI" shows Flynn got a good deal and is going to spill the beans on the bigger fish.
Are you saying he's going to rat out Hillary in association with SA for arming and funding ISIS? Bout time.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 1st, 2017 at 1:18:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Flynn has plead guilty to a felony. Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation on Flynn. This seems like outright, demonstrable obstruction of justice.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 1st, 2017 at 1:25:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
Are you saying he's going to rat out Hillary in association with SA for arming and funding ISIS? Bout time.

No, because I live in reality.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 1st, 2017 at 2:55:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
No, because I live in reality.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-on-qaddafi-we-came-we-saw-he-died/

The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 1st, 2017 at 3:53:18 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
What a thread!

Re: Flynn. They're saying he pled guilty to a single felony count to start the deal with something hung on him, but have many charges in reserve should he balk.

I'm going to make a prediction. I think the Republicans, whether they get the tax abomination thru the Senate or not, will move to impeach Trump once that issue has either been signed into law, or failed beyond recall.

Right now they have a lil' constitional problem with lying about the tax bill's impact. They're required by law to cost no more than 150B over the life of the budget to do it thru reconciliation, but oopsie, it costs out at 1.44 TRILLION. Juuuuuust a little outside, derfs. So they need to fix that before they can vote. Or the Dems can stop it, if they can't do reconciliation.

Pity there isn't actually anything IN WRITING they can review and vote on. So much for process. But it makes it easy for those wavering to get their pet pork.

Anyway, if they pass it and he signs it, he goes under the bus in time for them to blame him for that awful bill before 2018 mid-terms. If they pass it and he doesn't sign it, or they can't pass it, he goes under the bus for being completely unable to serve their agenda.

Either way, Pence gets elevated, they repudiate his embarrassing bs and they get an obviously senile, unstable finger off the nuclear button. Pence will do what they want better than Trump, and without undercutting them. He's toast by August.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 1st, 2017 at 4:04:16 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: beachbumbabs
I'm going to make a prediction. I think the Republicans, whether they get the tax abomination thru the Senate or not, will move to impeach Trump once that issue has either been signed into law, or failed beyond recall.

The latest Gallup poll (November 20 thru 26) has Trump's approval among Republicans at 81%. Now suppose you're a Republican Congressman representing a district that's mostly Republican-- are you really going to vote to impeach a president whom your constituents love? No, that would be political suicide. Just ask Jeff Flake.
December 1st, 2017 at 4:04:24 PM permalink
Nareed
What are the odds that the Orange Twit issues a pardon to Flynn between now and next Tuesday in order to quash the investigation?

And, do you think Flynn has a Clu? :)
December 1st, 2017 at 4:16:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: reno
The latest Gallup poll (November 20 thru 26) has Trump's approval among Republicans at 81%. Now suppose you're a Republican Congressman representing a district that's mostly Republican-- are you really going to vote to impeach a president whom your constituents love? No, that would be political suicide. Just ask Jeff Flake.

Congress enjoys, if that's the word, an even lower approval rate among the public than Trumpenfhurer does, if you can believe that (at that, I bet the average Trump supporter thinks the Democrats control Congress).

So it depends also on 1) how the economy does in the coming two-three years and 2) how the midterms go.
December 1st, 2017 at 4:51:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: reno

Republicans also saw the slaughter of 4 weeks ago at all levels.

Besides..."Gallup. As of October 2017, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrat, 24% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent."

So, 19% of the electorate loves Trump. For the moment. All signs portend that number will continue to sink, IMO, as he becomes more unhinged.

This tax plan is DEEPLY unpopular. People seem to need someone to blame. Especially since it will pair up with Trumpcare, which is Obamacare as effed up as they can make it by gutting it and simultaneously failing to maximize their options.

There are no safe Republican districts. Not in 2018.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 1st, 2017 at 5:01:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.