Why I am opposed to public nudity

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
September 6th, 2017 at 8:31:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: FrGamble
I highly doubt any significant number of women want other women walking around NY or anyplace topless. Just like men shouldn't do the same. I doubt than anyone would argue that a woman's breasts are not sexual.

You need to get out more Padre it seems like you have never been on a European beach if you think women don't want to go topless. When I was in Athens even in the city I passed a group of 3 grammas sitting on the rocks next to the sea topless chatting away the same way they would any other place. They were about 20' from the age of the 4 lane street.

We all realize this is the official church line which you need to defend. One of the first things the missionaries did in Africa was to teach the women shame and get them to cover up their breasts.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 6th, 2017 at 10:47:13 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: kenarman

We all realize this is the official church line which you need to defend. One of the first things the missionaries did in Africa was to teach the women shame and get them to cover up their breasts.

I have not said one thing about the Church or religious teaching on this thread. If you want to say such ridiculous things in order to make yourself feel better or to just write off anything I say go ahead, but know it is not true. You are also wrong about missionaries in lands where such nudity was an acceptable part of the culture. Take a look at the islands where nudity is allowed and you will notice that the English protestant islands are the ones that don't allow nudity. It is the Catholic European countries that allowed nudity on the beaches and throughout Catholic art. Don't fall victim to the myths and stereotypes that plague the mind of folks like Evenbob.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 6th, 2017 at 11:27:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I thought the nude beach was at More Mesa, which is basically a big vacant lot with running and biking trails.

For years it was below the cemetery,
in the 70's. The cemetery where
Montecito and Santa Barbara meet,
down the beach from The Biltmore
hotel.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2017 at 2:23:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
For years it was below the cemetery,
in the 70's. The cemetery where
Montecito and Santa Barbara meet,
down the beach from The Biltmore
hotel.

I've vaguely heard of there being one further south. Actually east. Another in Summerland too.

There is definitely one on the beach beneath the left side of More Mesa. Google Map. However, like most nude beaches, it gets mostly men.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 6th, 2017 at 2:38:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I've vaguely heard of there being one further south. Actually east. Another in Summerland too.

There is definitely one on the beach beneath the left side of More Mesa. Google Map. However, like most nude beaches, it gets mostly men.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/blacks-nude-beach-1477737 Just north of San Diego
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 6th, 2017 at 3:19:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
However, like most nude beaches, it gets mostly men.

Nude beaches in CONUS attract mostly men. The Caribbean tends to be more gender equal, particularly topless beaches.

I doubt than anyone would argue that a woman's breasts are not sexual.

I think that is a cultural thing. I read of one woman who went to Africa and she figured she was OK in a two piece bathing suit as many women were topless in the villages. But she didn't count on the fact that most of her thighs were exposed, which was a big cultural taboo.
September 6th, 2017 at 3:30:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I have not said one thing about the Church or religious teaching on this thread. If you want to say such ridiculous things in order to make yourself feel better or to just write off anything I say go ahead, but know it is not true. You are also wrong about missionaries in lands where such nudity was an acceptable part of the culture. Take a look at the islands where nudity is allowed and you will notice that the English protestant islands are the ones that don't allow nudity. It is the Catholic European countries that allowed nudity on the beaches and throughout Catholic art. Don't fall victim to the myths and stereotypes that plague the mind of folks like Evenbob.

If the Catholic missionairies did not try to cover up womens breasts then I appologize. I hadn't done any research on the various religions missionairies to see if they had different positions on womens breasts.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 6th, 2017 at 7:02:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
There is definitely one on the beach beneath the left side of More Mesa. .

My GF stopped going to that one after her
car got broken into twice. The one down
from the Biltmore was relatively crime free
because the cops were always in the area
because of the Biltmore. Lots of women
at that one. nice naked women. It was a
lot of fun but a long hike in the sand to
get there.

There is no N/S/E/W in SB, everything is
screwy. The beach faces S and not W,
odd when the sun goes down.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2017 at 7:06:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: kenarman
If the Catholic missionairies did not try to cover up womens breasts then I appologize. I hadn't done any research .

No, the Catholics loved full nudity among
the native population wherever they
went. In fact, they encouraged it, they
wanted nudity whenever possible. They
taught that nakedness made god happy,
Catholics were ahead of their time in that
dept. (snicker, guffaw)
September 7th, 2017 at 10:07:01 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Fleastiff
As the Advice Columnist replied to "Is it good form for a military wife to wear a mini skirt?" : "If your form is a good form, yes."

Mini skirts were great... until 65 year old women weighing in a 300 pounds started wearing them.

It used to be that girls were not permitted to engage in indecent exposure of the ankles, now they can often be topless and sometimes totally nude.

Nude beaches or Clothing Optional beaches and resorts abound.

I think those who have been nudists for years get immune to the elderly or overweight nudes.

At many communes various degrees of nudity are still practiced.

I don't think its just 'being naked' but interacting with others as a naked person.

You're a lookist.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345