8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 17th, 2020 at 12:33:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
When I was perusing the article, I asked myself the same question, "who's the president of Mexico", and it took me a few seconds to pull up what I could. I got,,,,Obrador, and L...something, Obrador, and Amlo. That's what I got. Then I asked myself how many world leaders I could pull up in my head.

Twelve Countries with the Highest Population in the World are China, India, United States, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Mexico, Japan, and Ethiopia. Collectively they constitute over 60% of the world's population.

A potential world leader should know at a minimum the 12 leaders if these countries. Most people couldn't name them to save their souls.

President Trump as POTUS has visited 16 countries + Vatican City and the West Bank (only Argentina in Latin America, and no trips to Africa).

One visit to: Afghanistan, Argentina, Canada, China, Finland, Iraq, Israel, North Korea, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Vatican City and the West Bank.
Two visits to: Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, South Korea, Switzerland and Vietnam.
Three visits to: Japan and the United Kingdom.
Four visits to: France.
February 17th, 2020 at 12:36:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

A potential world leader should know at a minimum the 12 leaders if these countries. Most people couldn't name them to save their souls.

I know the one I need to know,
the US. The others I don't care
about, why should I.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2020 at 12:36:40 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
I'm personally still waiting to see where President Trump promised a 6% GDP.

You should actually read your outdated and inaccurate link. For example, it says that President Trump's promise to renegotiate NAFTA is "still in the works". LOL

Sorry for the old link. I'll find a new one. I can gurantee that it'll show that Trump has NOT kept "most of his promises". It's an absurd claim. Why? Because it's almost impossible for ANY politician to do so.

As far as the 6% claim...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/trump-defies-data-with-6-percent-gdp-growth-forecast.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trumps-economy-went-from-rocket-ship-to-lead-balloon-2019-09-27

https://fortune.com/2017/12/07/trump-us-gdp-growth-rate-economy-6-percent/

And for the record, Trump's best GDP quarter is Obama's 5th best. And Trump has yet to crack 3% annual GDP, something that conservatives LOVED to criticize Obama for. The best BOTH of them ever got was 2.9%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-economic-growth-is-slower-than-obamas-last-3-years/#43400ea34fed

There is nothing special about Trump's economy.
February 17th, 2020 at 12:42:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tripdufan

There is nothing special about Trump's economy.

LOLOLOL!!! I love when the sore
losers are triggered by Trump's
economy. Makes my day..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2020 at 12:48:05 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Evenbob
LOLOLOL!!! I love when the sore
losers are triggered by Trump's
economy. Makes my day..

Trump's economy doesn't trigger me. It's his supporters touting it as a miracle when there's nothing special about it. A pile of dog crap can deficit spend a trillion bucks and get 2.3% GDP. You understand that right? That deficit spending in a "roaring" economy is not fiscally conservative, right? That's when we should pay DOWN our debt, not accumulate more. Of course, that's the way real conservatives USED to think. Who knows what the cultists think anymore.
February 17th, 2020 at 1:21:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Trump's economy doesn't trigger me. It's his supporters touting it as a miracle when there's nothing special about it. A pile of dog crap can deficit spend a trillion bucks and get 2.3% GDP. .

I think you would call it racist if someone else equated Obama to dog dirt like you just did.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2020 at 2:00:45 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
I think you would call it racist if someone else equated Obama to dog dirt like you just did.

But I didn't. Read it again.

WAiting for a REAL conservative, not members of the cult, to tell me when deficit spending in a roaring economy became fiscally conservative.
February 17th, 2020 at 2:16:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
But I didn't. Read it again.

WAiting for a REAL conservative, not members of the cult, to tell me when deficit spending in a roaring economy became fiscally conservative.

Well he wanted to end Obamacare but the left screamed. The left shut the government down to maintain spending.

Trump did not pass a near trillion dollar pork spending bill. Obama did that.

Why are you complaining? You hate conservatism. So we do not care when you make this kind of a statement.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2020 at 2:26:17 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Trump did not pass a near trillion dollar pork spending bill. Obama did that.

You're SUPPOSED to deficit spend when your economy is in the toilet. You're SUPPOSED to pay DOWN your debt when the economy is roaring.

Conservative hypocrisy at its finest.

Well he wanted to end Obamacare but the left screamed. The left shut the government down to maintain spending.

So the left gets credit for the juiced up economy because they shut down the government to maintain the spending that is juicing the economy? Or they only get the blame for the other side of the ledger?

Gotcha. Conservative hypocrisy at its finest.
February 17th, 2020 at 4:05:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You're SUPPOSED to deficit spend when your economy is in the toilet. You're SUPPOSED to pay DOWN your debt when the economy is roaring.

So you are admitting Obama had the economy in the toilet for 8 years?
The President is a fink.