Democratic Nominee in 2020

Poll
No votes (0%)
3 votes (14.28%)
2 votes (9.52%)
1 vote (4.76%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.76%)
1 vote (4.76%)
8 votes (38.09%)
2 votes (9.52%)
3 votes (14.28%)

21 members have voted

February 17th, 2020 at 6:14:24 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 6
Posts: 952
Bloomberg's past statements continue to potentially alienate the hard-working part of the Democrat base:

"“I could teach anybody, even the people in this room” to be a farmer, he said, calling agriculture “a process. “You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn,” he said.

He spoke similarly of factory jobs as mechanical repetition requiring no brain power."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/16/michael-bloomberg-video-belittles-farming-factory-/

Some jobs may be require more education and some people are smarter than others, but the way to get people on your side is not to denigrate part of your base.
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
February 17th, 2020 at 9:50:41 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Member since: Oct 3, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 332
Quote: RonC
Bloomberg's past statements continue to potentially alienate the hard-working part of the Democrat base:

"“I could teach anybody, even the people in this room” to be a farmer, he said, calling agriculture “a process. “You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn,” he said.

He spoke similarly of factory jobs as mechanical repetition requiring no brain power."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/16/michael-bloomberg-video-belittles-farming-factory-/

Some jobs may be require more education and some people are smarter than others, but the way to get people on your side is not to denigrate part of your base.


He should just come out and say that people are dumb like Trump did. They proved it by voting for him.
February 17th, 2020 at 9:53:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 20036
Quote: Tripdufan
He should just come out and say that people are dumb like Trump did. They proved it by voting for him.


HUH? Trump made a whole bunch
of promises and has delivered on
most of them. NOT voting for him is
the dumb move.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2020 at 10:14:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 10
Posts: 1471
Quote: Tripdufan
He should just come out and say that people are dumb like Trump did. They proved it by voting for him.


The majority of Americans, not just ‘the rich’,say they are better off today than they were during the end of the Obama administration. A generic ‘better off’. I don’t understand why you can’t see that under Trump someone is better off than under Obama, yet might vote for Trump? Because you don’t like that he pressured a foreign government, killed a terrorist, strengthened our trade deals.... you think Americans care about those things? Only a few. Most care that they are ‘better off’? The Democrats even deny hat most Americans, rich and poor, black and white, male and female, are better off. Because it doesn’t fit their agenda.
February 17th, 2020 at 11:49:26 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Member since: Oct 3, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 332
nevermind
February 17th, 2020 at 12:11:44 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Member since: Oct 3, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 332
Quote: Evenbob
HUH? Trump made a whole bunch
of promises and has delivered on
most of them. NOT voting for him is
the dumb move.


If 28% of promises is defined as "most"...then yeah.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

I'm personally still waiting to see 6% GDP and the elimination of the debt. (Hint: It's going the other way)
February 17th, 2020 at 12:25:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 20036
Quote: Tripdufan


Politifact, left wing hacks. Here's
the truth.

Exclusive: Trump List Shows 319 Promises Kept in Three Years

One month shy of completing three years in office, President Trump has fulfilled or is making significant progress on MOST of his 2016 campaign promises.. Presidential historian Doug Wead said: "Historians of the future will come racing back to this Trump era with amazement. The list of presidents on either side will be a boring blur by comparison. Of course, the economic numbers from the Trump time will be telling. They don't lie. And they point to a great presidency."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/exclusive-trump-list-shows-319-results-and-promises-kept-in-three-years
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2020 at 12:28:59 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 1
Posts: 538
Quote: Tripdufan
If 28% of promises is defined as "most"...then yeah.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

I'm personally still waiting to see 6% GDP and the elimination of the debt. (Hint: It's going the other way)


I'm personally still waiting to see where President Trump promised a 6% GDP.

You should actually read your outdated and inaccurate link. For example, it says that President Trump's promise to renegotiate NAFTA is "still in the works". LOL
sleepy Joe has dementia
February 17th, 2020 at 12:29:50 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Member since: Oct 3, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 332
Quote: Evenbob
Politifact, left wing hacks. Here's
the truth.

Exclusive: Trump List Shows 319 Promises Kept in Three Years

One month shy of completing three years in office, President Trump has fulfilled or is making significant progress on MOST of his 2016 campaign promises.. Presidential historian Doug Wead said: "Historians of the future will come racing back to this Trump era with amazement. The list of presidents on either side will be a boring blur by comparison. Of course, the economic numbers from the Trump time will be telling. They don't lie. And they point to a great presidency."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/exclusive-trump-list-shows-319-results-and-promises-kept-in-three-years


l...o...l
February 17th, 2020 at 12:31:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 20036
Quote: fleaswatter
I'm personally still waiting to see where President Trump promised a 6% GDP.
ou should actually read your outdated and inaccurate link. For example, it says that President Trump's promise to renegotiate NAFTA is "still in the works". LOL


A lot of these kinds of things
were written the first year
Trump was in office, and not
dated. Who gets anything
done the first year. He's got
5 more years to fulfill it all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.