8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 24th, 2020 at 12:30:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
He may be well served by the shutdown of the campaign. The issues he had seemed to do with exhaustion from being on the road; he seemed to keep a lighter schedule than most candidates or at least did not seem to appear in as many places. He can be well-rested now and possibly gain an advantage based on the virus and the impact on the economy.

I would not take any bets that he will live through his entire term if he wins. Unfortunate, but not a consideration in me voting for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2020 at 12:39:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I would not take any bets that he will live through his entire term if he wins. Unfortunate, but not a consideration in me voting for him.

Look, anyone saying he is in peak mental shape is just fooling themselves. Under normal circumstances (pre-Trump), there is no way the Democrats would consider nominating such a feeble candidate. The Democrats were about to discard him when they realized that if they did Sanders was going to be the nominee. I am not worried that if elected his mental decline would be a big deal for the country. I believe he will surround himself with competent people, just like Reagan did.
March 24th, 2020 at 1:05:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I believe he will surround himself with competent people, just like Reagan did.

You mean he would pick non-Democrats for his cabinet? Only way that is possible.
The President is a fink.
March 24th, 2020 at 1:32:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean he would pick non-Democrats for his cabinet? Only way that is possible.

lol yeah, hopefully Joe will be able to find minds as brilliant as Betsy Devos and Wilbur Ross...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2020 at 1:33:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Look, anyone saying he is in peak mental shape is just fooling themselves. Under normal circumstances (pre-Trump), there is no way the Democrats would consider nominating such a feeble candidate. The Democrats were about to discard him

People forget that Biden was the
laughing stock of his own party.
Gaff Joe, touchy feely Joe, old Joe.
Nobody ever took him seriously,
Then all the Hunter Biden crap
during impeachment. Joe was
radioactive.

Now all that is swept under the
rug because they're stuck with
him AND the Hunter Biden mess
which will be a main focus of
the Trump campaign this summer.
Feeble minded, forgetful, slurs
his words at times, gets confused
super easily, AND a huge family
scandal that Joe is hip deep in?
Connect the dots.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2020 at 1:51:55 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
scandal

This literally describes Donny to a T.
March 24th, 2020 at 2:25:13 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
People forget that Biden was the
laughing stock of his own party.
Gaff Joe, touchy feely Joe, old Joe.
Nobody ever took him seriously,
Then all the Hunter Biden crap
during impeachment. Joe was
radioactive.

Now all that is swept under the
rug because they're stuck with
him AND the Hunter Biden mess
which will be a main focus of
the Trump campaign this summer.
scandal that Joe is hip deep in?
Connect the dots.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote. But with the election of Trump the nation has made it clear that they do not care about the personal foibles (Stormy, Trump U, many bankruptcies, twitter childishness, non disclosure of his taxes, pussy grab, etc...) of a candidate if they believe in his policies. Biden will be no different. You think the 10% or so that possibly could vote either Democrat or Republican will disqualify sleepy Joe? I don't think so.

My wife and her children still don't believe that Joe won't consider Cuomo for VP because he is a white male! "He didn't really mean it"!!!!!
March 24th, 2020 at 2:35:11 PM permalink
ams288
My wife and her children still don't believe that Joe won't consider Cuomo for VP because he is a white male! "He didn't really mean it"!!!!!

Cuomo will probably still be too busy dealing with the fallout from COVID-19 to campaign as VP anyways...
March 24th, 2020 at 2:40:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Sure, there is strategy for that. Make a deal with the supposed candidate to give them secretary of state if they publicly decline Biden's offer. Perhaps find a second choice who really doesn't want the job and they will publicly decline. Biden throws up his hands and nominates Cuomo. The right will scoff it's a set up, but they would anyway.

Who says Andrew wants the job though?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2020 at 2:50:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
They should probably postpone the election for another year anyway.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW