Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Follies

Page 67 of 70« First<64656667686970>
January 2nd, 2022 at 11:32:53 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Gandler
Many (probably most) just go down the party line on the ballot, taking this away could be dangerous to voter knowledge.

Democracy works best with an educated, informed electorate capable of processing, sifting, weighing and then deciding rationally based on analysis.

We don't seem to be there yet, and I doubt we ever will.

It would be great if before voting every American researched and read up on the candidates and issues and then voted after careful, dispassionate consideration but for most of us that simply doesn't happen.

Voting along party lines is a necessary short cut.
January 2nd, 2022 at 11:55:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Democracy works best with an educated, informed electorate capable of processing, sifting, weighing and then deciding rationally based on analysis.

We don't seem to be there yet, and I doubt we ever will.

Of course we will never get there
Democracy only works if EVERYBODY has the right to vote.
I don't blame people for not making informed , not sifting, not weighing.
Life is short and informed voting only gives you the appearance of making a difference
Its like the matrix
Might as well enjoy your life oblivious to the political system. Or you can take the red pill and be constantly pissed off like a lot fox viewers addicted to the next story to get them to hate Biden even more.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 2nd, 2022 at 12:51:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Lame response.

Be better to buckle down and play the game correctly, not just give up and eat Bon Bons all day.
January 2nd, 2022 at 3:14:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Anyone know the history of Nevada amendment process where the public has to pass something twice to get it approved?

I’ve always assumed it originated from a very freewheeling populace, who we’re passing all kinds of crazy stuff, and it was an effort to tamp down on that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 2nd, 2022 at 3:46:46 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Why? That is the most people know about the majority of candidates (especially local and state). If you remove the party affiliation, you would just be clicking random names. Many (probably most) just go down the party line on the ballot, taking this away could be dangerous to voter knowledge.

That is exactly why it should be removed. People voting for someone that they know almost nothing about. I look at voting as a sign of confidence in the candidate, if you don't have that you shouldn't be voting for them.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 3rd, 2022 at 2:31:46 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Why? That is the most people know about the majority of candidates (especially local and state). If you remove the party affiliation, you would just be clicking random names. Many (probably most) just go down the party line on the ballot, taking this away could be dangerous to voter knowledge.

I'd actually prefer if people adopted the method of voting the same way they make their March Madness picks; the state of American politics would at least be no worse off that way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 4th, 2022 at 6:56:29 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I'd actually prefer if people adopted the method of voting the same way they make their March Madness picks; the state of American politics would at least be no worse off that way.

Then I guess Mike Krzyzewski would win the presidency every year. Not a bad thing in my opinion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 4th, 2022 at 1:51:00 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

Let's go Brandon
January 9th, 2022 at 4:12:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
AOC has Covid.

That’s what visiting FL will do to you!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 9th, 2022 at 5:33:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
AOC has Covid.

That’s what visiting FL will do to you!
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/congresswoman-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-tested-234746025.html

"Ocasio-Cortez, who is fully vaccinated and has had a booster shot, is “experiencing symptoms and recovering at home,” Looks like she's had all her shots to, that sucks. This has got to be the lamest ass vaccines America ever made?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 67 of 70« First<64656667686970>