aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
Until it's cancelled..

LOL well, that would certainly be par for the course
March 28th, 2019 at 3:49:24 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
This office reminds me of one of the places that George Costanza worked at but I can’t decide which one exactly.
March 28th, 2019 at 5:11:34 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Aussie
This office reminds me of one of the places that George Costanza worked at but I can’t decide which one exactly.

Unlike George, I cannot go "hog wild in there"
March 28th, 2019 at 6:15:17 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: aceofspades
Unlike George, I cannot go "hog wild in there"

You can’t slip the protege a mickie?
March 28th, 2019 at 11:23:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
George built a bed under his desk,
try that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2019 at 8:43:56 AM permalink
aceofspades
8:30am: I walked into the courthouse and the first person I run into was the protege
apparently he is going to the same courtroom as me - why couldn't he cover this case for the Ownerr?

9:30 all attorneys and the parties arrive - we begin settlement negotiations

10:00am:
PLOT TWIST
Owner just showed up in Court - nodded at me but did not say hello - eventually asked me how things were going before he took over the spotlight from me negotiating

11:30am:
Heading to the train to get to the endoscopy
March 29th, 2019 at 9:55:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

11:30am:
Heading to the train to get to the endoscopy

They are screwing with you big time.
I wouldn't be able to handle the
pressure of that many people against
me, it's why I was self employed for
40 years. You must realize this is taking
a toll on your health whether you
feel it or not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2019 at 10:09:51 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
They are screwing with you big time.
I wouldn't be able to handle the
pressure of that many people against
me, it's why I was self employed for
40 years. You must realize this is taking
a toll on your health whether you
feel it or not.

Oh i know it and feel it - being able to go to the gym while working from home this week has been a real eye-opener to how disconnected I have been from my body since commencing this job
April 1st, 2019 at 9:13:13 AM permalink
aceofspades
THE BIG MEETING

So, the meeting that was supposed to happen two weeks ago finally happened - the purpose thereof to call the protege out for his behavior and abuse of staff - here is how it went down:

The Owner invited a psychologist friend to the meeting and he began by stating some generic platitudes about "respecting one another" and "appreciating one another"

Quickly, the meeting devolved into the protege discussing cases he needed assistance on and how he needs access to everyone's calendars to determine whether they are "too busy" or not to work on papers for him -- I asked if the edict from on high was still in effect where I would work only with the Owner and the other attorney would work with the protege -- I received no answer

The Owner then brought up another case and I chimed in that we did not need to cite a certain child support calculation because we only sought a temporary award for our client -- the protege took this opportunity to castigate me -- telling me I was wrong -- another attorney jumped in and stated that I was actually correct, the protege then said there is a case which shows that I am wrong - of course, he didn't tell me which case and now that I have researched it, I have proven I am right BUT, since his name is on the door and mine is not, I am going to do this child support calculation merely to appease the god that is protege

The paralegal called the protege out for not finishing something this morning that he claimed was an "emergency" -- the protege took offense and told the paralegal to not "talk to him that way" -- the paralegal replied that the "protege couldn't handle being called out on his lack of work" -- the protege stood up, informed everyone that he "didn't have to stay and be abused" and stormed out -- the Owner then told the paralegal to apologize to the protege -- the paralegal said he would do no such thing

The Owner and psychologist then went to protege's office where they have been for the past 30 minutes

This is beyond dysfunctional - I need to give my two weeks ASAP
April 1st, 2019 at 9:48:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

This is beyond dysfunctional - I need to give my two weeks ASAP

Half reminds me of when I got a new supervisor who I knew would be a problem the first 10 minutes she sat with me. At the end of the day the last meeting with our old supervisor. Whole group in there. He asks me to tell the group how she was.

"On the advice of council I decline to answer on the grounds I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me."

No kidding, I said that to a roomful of people! Old supervisor couldn't believe it.

Moral of the story is it never.got.better.with.her. I got lucky and eventually she would barely talk to me. Others were not so lucky.

Get out, as they are not going to lease a larger office.
The President is a fink.