The Gay Thread

October 21st, 2019 at 6:13:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Gulags were 'compassionate', 'educational' institutions, say trans rights campaigners

"Trans-activists" showing who they are.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2019 at 7:04:08 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not most people. It is the LGBT movement. They have the same “convert by the sword” mentality. And they have so many people bowing to them as to be scary.
But if one wants to "stand with" the LGBT movement, they need to understand the bigots they are associating with.

Exactly. They are no different than the KKK. Sad!
October 23rd, 2019 at 7:07:00 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Not really. Have you ever seen a Gay
Pride parade? Have you ever seen
a military pride parade (all military
parades are pride parades)? Do
you see the difference?

The Gay parade is a disgusting
circus of 'pay attention to ME,
this is all about ME! I'm in your
face with MEEEEEE!'

Yep! It's ironic, these people want to be treated as normal yet they act anything but. 🙄
October 24th, 2019 at 12:32:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This is an interesting article from the Examiner. I have long been saying the T in LGBT impedes progress of Gay rights. I am sure some of my liberal colleagues will disagree, but the kind of insanity of pushing for surgery on children is not a good way to normalize a movement.

For the record I support adult free choice once you are 18 and pay for whatever surgeries and identity changes make you happy, I support, but pushing for 7 year olds to be changed is insane.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/gay-rights-depend-on-our-rejecting-trans-radicalism-and-standing-up-for-james-younger

"Do gay people really want our rights tied to a movement that would mutilate any child who strays from gender stereotypes? If this is what the “T” in “LGBT” advocates for, I want absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact, such an association clearly undermines the very case for gay equality."
October 24th, 2019 at 12:56:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
This is an interesting article from the Examiner. I have long been saying the T in LGBT impedes progress of Gay rights. I am sure some of my liberal colleagues will disagree, but the kind of insanity of pushing for surgery on children is not a good way to normalize a movement.

For the record I support adult free choice once you are 18 and pay for whatever surgeries and identity changes make you happy, I support, but pushing for 7 year olds to be changed is insane.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/gay-rights-depend-on-our-rejecting-trans-radicalism-and-standing-up-for-james-younger

"Do gay people really want our rights tied to a movement that would mutilate any child who strays from gender stereotypes? If this is what the “T” in “LGBT” advocates for, I want absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact, such an association clearly undermines the very case for gay equality."

Perfect example of why I say you need to understand that "the movement" differs from people that just might hold a few views. That kid's mother, IMHO, is mentally ill. But see, "the movement" will never throw the "T" overboard as they are so tied up in not calling out any bad behavior that they cannot do so. Same as they will not call out crazy behavior at the gay pride parade. It is all part of the "how dare you judge someone!" mentality.

Now here is where it gets tough. Plenty of gays I am sure think this is just as awful as we are stating here. I will guess that more lesbians will be in favor with the gay males less so. But neither will dare speak up lest they be shunned. Maybe one day you will see a splintering and new groups for less militant gays, but I do not see that day anytime soon.

Let's hope his dad gets custody, this is child endangerment.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2019 at 12:56:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
c

We have people arguing only parents can act in the best interests of their children regardless of what the state or anyone else says.

But that doesn't mean one side wins.

That means parents can deny medical care of any kind they deem inappropriate like blood transfusions for Jehovah Witnesses children. Or Evangelicals who believe their curable sick child will be cured by god and shouldn't be taken to a hospital. Or parents who refuse vaccinations.

Or a parent can operate on gender or not operate. Or decide to go with what the child wishes, or completely reject what the child wishes.

Male circumcision is easier done at birth, but then we have some men who complain they have been mutilated when they get older and even want to sue their parents.

Of course when the state decides for all, usually one side is completely rejected.

So is there any solution that is best for everyone, including the child?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2019 at 1:05:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
c

We have people arguing only parents can act in the best interests of their children regardless of what the state or anyone else says.

That means parents can deny medical care of any kind they deem inappropriate like blood transfusions for Jehovah Witnesses children. Or Evangelicals who believe their curable sick child will be cured by god and shouldn't be taken to a hospital. Or parents who refuse vaccinations.

Or a parent can operate on gender or not operate. Or decide to go with what the child wishes, or completely reject what the child wishes.

Male circumcision is easier done at birth, but then we have some men who complain they have been mutilated when they get older and even want to sue their parents.

Of course when the state decides for all, usually one side is completely rejected.

I have never said that. I support government force to treat children if parents refuse to. I also support mandatory inoculations. I think parents that endanger children for their beliefs regardless of the nature of the beliefs need to have an authority step in.
October 24th, 2019 at 1:07:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Perfect example of why I say you need to understand that "the movement" differs from people that just might hold a few views. That kid's mother, IMHO, is mentally ill. But see, "the movement" will never throw the "T" overboard as they are so tied up in not calling out any bad behavior that they cannot do so. Same as they will not call out crazy behavior at the gay pride parade. It is all part of the "how dare you judge someone!" mentality.

Now here is where it gets tough. Plenty of gays I am sure think this is just as awful as we are stating here. I will guess that more lesbians will be in favor with the gay males less so. But neither will dare speak up lest they be shunned. Maybe one day you will see a splintering and new groups for less militant gays, but I do not see that day anytime soon.

Let's hope his dad gets custody, this is child endangerment.

How is this equivalent to drunk fun at a pride parade and festival?

One is somebody acting silly (maybe inappropriate, but honestly who cares, you don't have to watch). One is a direct medical threat.
October 24th, 2019 at 1:26:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
How is this equivalent to drunk fun at a pride parade and festival?

One is somebody acting silly (maybe inappropriate, but honestly who cares, you don't have to watch). One is a direct medical threat.

I don't remember saying the risk is equivalent. I am saying the refusal to call out is equivalent. They will never tell someone in the movement they are out of order and behave.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2019 at 1:38:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rxwine
c

I have never said that. I support government force to treat children if parents refuse to. I also support mandatory inoculations. I think parents that endanger children for their beliefs regardless of the nature of the beliefs need to have an authority step in.

One thing, which seems to be supported by how we actually do things, is from conception to adult age, rights gradually increase. I believe you can force a juvenile to go to school at 7 years old, but I'm not so sure a parent or state can force a child to have surgery at 7 years old, if he or she really doesn't want it.

But I also find that question hard to answer every time with complete satisfaction. We don't even often agree on when adult age occurs.

But in general, I'd say, the older you are the more you get to make your own important decisions and in some cases it doesn't need to wait until you're are officially an adult. *again example of whether you force a young child to have a surgery he or she doesn't want.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?