The Gay Thread

October 24th, 2019 at 3:13:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Quote: Gandler
c

We have people arguing only parents can act in the best interests of their children regardless of what the state or anyone else says.

But that doesn't mean one side wins.

That means parents can deny medical care of any kind they deem inappropriate like blood transfusions for Jehovah Witnesses children. Or Evangelicals who believe their curable sick child will be cured by god and shouldn't be taken to a hospital. Or parents who refuse vaccinations.

Or a parent can operate on gender or not operate. Or decide to go with what the child wishes, or completely reject what the child wishes.

Male circumcision is easier done at birth, but then we have some men who complain they have been mutilated when they get older and even want to sue their parents.

Of course when the state decides for all, usually one side is completely rejected.

So is there any solution that is best for everyone, including the child?

I have never said that. I support government force to treat children if parents refuse to. I also support mandatory inoculations. I think parents that endanger children for their beliefs regardless of the nature of the beliefs need to have an authority step in.

One thing, which seems to be supported by how we actually do things, is from conception to adult age, rights gradually increase. I believe you can force a juvenile to go to school at 7 years old, but I'm not so sure a parent or state can force a child to have surgery at 7 years old, if he or she really doesn't want it.

But I also find that question hard to answer every time with complete satisfaction. We don't even often agree on when adult age occurs.

But in general, I'd say, the older you are the more you get to make your own important decisions and in some cases it doesn't need to wait until you're are officially an adult. *again example of whether you force a young child to have a surgery he or she doesn't want.
Should parents of an adolescent be able to force their daughter to have an abortion?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 24th, 2019 at 3:50:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
c

We have people arguing only parents can act in the best interests of their children regardless of what the state or anyone else says.

But that doesn't mean one side wins.

That means parents can deny medical care of any kind they deem inappropriate like blood transfusions for Jehovah Witnesses children. Or Evangelicals who believe their curable sick child will be cured by god and shouldn't be taken to a hospital. Or parents who refuse vaccinations.

Or a parent can operate on gender or not operate. Or decide to go with what the child wishes, or completely reject what the child wishes.

Male circumcision is easier done at birth, but then we have some men who complain they have been mutilated when they get older and even want to sue their parents.

Of course when the state decides for all, usually one side is completely rejected.

So is there any solution that is best for everyone, including the child?

I have never said that. I support government force to treat children if parents refuse to. I also support mandatory inoculations. I think parents that endanger children for their beliefs regardless of the nature of the beliefs need to have an authority step in.

One thing, which seems to be supported by how we actually do things, is from conception to adult age, rights gradually increase. I believe you can force a juvenile to go to school at 7 years old, but I'm not so sure a parent or state can force a child to have surgery at 7 years old, if he or she really doesn't want it.

But I also find that question hard to answer every time with complete satisfaction. We don't even often agree on when adult age occurs.

But in general, I'd say, the older you are the more you get to make your own important decisions and in some cases it doesn't need to wait until you're are officially an adult. *again example of whether you force a young child to have a surgery he or she doesn't want.
Should parents of an adolescent be able to force their daughter to have an abortion?

What do you think? My whole point is, it is not a hard and fast answer for each situation. Maybe the daughter is mentally disabled and doesn't understand that if she has a baby she will die. Look up connective tissue disease for instance where major arteries can rupture under stress.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2019 at 5:59:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What do you think?
What do I think?

Quote:
My whole point is, it is not a hard and fast answer for each situation.
I think this statement about sums it up.

When I posted my question, I was thinking generally yes, it is up to the parents to come up with an adult answer to a very difficult situation. But after reading your response, I find that I agree. Sometimes maybe the best thing to do would be to keep the child. But most of the time imo, and abortion is the better choice for a young girl that is in that predicament.

Some people are much more grown up than others at 16.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 24th, 2019 at 6:05:32 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Now, apparently there is already a new letter added to that infamous Acronym. I... LGQTBI.... I guess I means Intersex?....
October 24th, 2019 at 6:17:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: KNathan
Now, apparently there is already a new letter added to that infamous Acronym. I... LGQTBI.... I guess I means Intersex?....

It's much longer its LGBTQIAAP+ if you want to be fully inclusive but nobody has time to type all of that.
October 24th, 2019 at 6:34:35 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
It's much longer its LGBTQIAAP+ if you want to be fully inclusive but nobody has time to type all of that.

O.O I HOPE the P stands for Pansexual and not Pedophile.... I guess the double As mean Asexual and Aromantic ....
October 26th, 2019 at 7:39:52 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: KNathan
O.O I HOPE the P stands for Pansexual and not Pedophile.... I guess the double As mean Asexual and Aromantic ....

Of course it does not stand for pedophile. Pansexual in most definitions.

One of the As is Asexual, I forget the other meaning, some identify.
October 31st, 2019 at 11:06:27 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Plenty of gays I am sure think this is just as awful as we are stating here.
But neither will dare speak up lest they be shunned.

Yep, libbies want to keep everybody on the plantation. 🙄
November 3rd, 2019 at 5:37:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Birth coach is 'hounded out' of industry charity Doula UK after transgender activists branded her Facebook message claiming only women can have babies 'offensive'

And some of you get upset when some of us describe the people in this movement as mentally ill? Upset that someone tells the truth that only women can have babies is mentally unstable to mentally ill.
The President is a fink.
November 3rd, 2019 at 10:12:11 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Birth coach is 'hounded out' of industry charity Doula UK after transgender activists branded her Facebook message claiming only women can have babies 'offensive'

And some of you get upset when some of us describe the people in this movement as mentally ill? Upset that someone tells the truth that only women can have babies is mentally unstable to mentally ill.

Yep this is why the alphabet people just can't be taken seriously. It's nuts that they think that biological men can have babies. 🙄