The Gay Thread

December 11th, 2020 at 12:59:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Be sure an tell the mafia guys to their face that isn't manly.

Tell them that other than a mafia kiss on the cheek isn't manly? They know that.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2020 at 7:02:45 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Singer Shawn Mendes Apologizes to Sam Smith After Using the Wrong Pronouns

Welp, the gays are at it again!
I've said it for years now. These people are NEVER happy!!

I remember years ago I was talking to a bunch of regular, non-political people about gay marriage. They kept telling me "Oh, just let them have their marriage! Then they'll be happy, and you won't have to worry about them anymore!"

And I responded "You think they'll be happy? Fat chance!"

And of course, old Shrek was right as usual. I'm literally always right about these things. I also told those people that changing the definition of "marriage" was only the beginning........and I was right again!! Because now the libbies are trying to change the definition of "man" and "woman" and everything else under the sun!

I said it before, and I'll say it again. These people are NEVER happy.
They got their little gay marriage, and now they're whining over freakin pronouns! 🙄
It's insanity man!
December 14th, 2020 at 8:58:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

I said it before, and I'll say it again. These people are NEVER happy.

They hate themselves and who they
are, so they'll never be happy. They
could all win the lottery and they'd
still be miserable people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2020 at 9:46:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
They hate themselves and who they
are, so they'll never be happy. They
could all win the lottery and they'd
still be miserable people.

Yowza! You think ALL gays hate themselves? And ALL are miserable? I’d agree that a gay person is somewhat more likely to fit that stereotype, but not even close to all of them.
December 14th, 2020 at 10:42:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Yowza! You think ALL gays hate themselves? And ALL are miserable? I’d agree that a gay person is somewhat more likely to fit that stereotype, but not even close to all of them.

Can we please learn to understand when "all" literally means "all" and when it just means "most to all?" Really, it is not hard to do.

As to hating themselves, I think the higher suicide rates and higher than normal destructive behavior shows EB is mostly right.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2020 at 12:03:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Can we please learn to understand when "all" literally means "all" and when it just means "most to all?" Really, it is not hard to do.

As to hating themselves, I think the higher suicide rates and higher than normal destructive behavior shows EB is mostly right.

Golly. I was unaware Bob was not aware of the words ‘most’ or ‘many’ or ‘some’. But thanks for your help, AZ!
December 14th, 2020 at 12:19:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Golly. I was unaware Bob was not aware of the words ‘most’ or ‘many’ or ‘some’. But thanks for your help, AZ!
They'

I've known a lot of Gay people
in my life and never met a
really happy one. They're
always upset about something.
Their looks, their age, politics,
their relationships. Only 2%
of the male population is Gay,
yet the suicide rate in the 2%
is sky high. Very unhappy and
dissatisfied group..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2020 at 12:49:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
They'

I've known a lot of Gay people
in my life and never met a
really happy one. They're
always upset about something.
Their looks, their age, politics,
their relationships. Only 2%
of the male population is Gay,
yet the suicide rate in the 2%
is sky high. Very unhappy and
dissatisfied group..

When disabled people were more stigmatized I’m sure they were more unhappy as a group. When women were treated as property they were more unhappy.

...and so forth. Of course, not everyone reacts by self-hate and suicide to these things, but such atmosphere doesn’t help.

Hard to compare the happiness of gays in the 50’s to today in America because most were hiding.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2020 at 1:01:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I get that you are being sarcastic here, but seriously. We are talking critical reading here. Things I was taught in about 5th grade.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2020 at 1:13:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I get that you are being sarcastic here, but seriously. We are talking critical reading here. Things I was taught in about 5th grade.

I am with SOOPOO. I read things literally assuming the writer is smart enough to say what they mean. You are right, I shouldn't assume anyone here is smart.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.