The Gay Thread

December 15th, 2020 at 2:34:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Nature has been explained on this board many times.

Nature involves a lot of eat or be eaten. Strongest survive. etc., Don't try to tell me it's suppose to be nice. It's not. So, stop trying to elevate it to something it isn't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 2nd, 2021 at 3:52:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Why don't we see stuff like this
anymore. This was a hilarious
running bit on In Living Color.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 28th, 2021 at 7:59:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Straight WNBA star: Lesbian culture broke my spirit

But I thought they wanted to stop the hate?
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2021 at 8:50:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Interesting. It must be how gay athletes in most sports feel everyday.
February 28th, 2021 at 12:33:26 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

Interesting. It must be how gay athletes in most sports feel everyday.

The best post I have seen in a long time.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 28th, 2021 at 3:55:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Thanks DRich. I have a friend whose daughter was (he thought) going to be good enough to be a WNBA player. He said when looking for colleges, it was well known in the business which schools were ‘not straight friendly’. And he didn’t want her to go to such a school. She was a great student, and started at Stanford and also transferred to Harvard. So I guess those two schools are ‘straight friendly’ !
February 28th, 2021 at 4:09:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

She "believed that the league is 98% lesbian"? What? A quick google search of straight married players in that league dispels that myth within about 4 seconds....

Also, the same article says that the reason for such vitriol (in her mind) was so many players were competing for the attention of so few fans (it is well known that, that league has a very small following). This sound far more like a case of showmanship bullying than anything related to sexual orientation.

In an offshoot, which should not need to be explained, nobody wants anyone to be picked on for their sexuality..... Anyone who advocates for gay rights would never endorse such behavior (which probably never happened, at least not in the way it is being depicted)...... An article from 2017 about incidents 10 years before the article? This seems like a stretch....
February 28th, 2021 at 4:17:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

She "believed that the league is 98% lesbian"? What? A quick google search of straight married players in that league dispels that myth within about 4 seconds....

Also, the same article says that the reason for such vitriol (in her mind) was so many players were competing for the attention of so few fans (it is well known that, that league has a very small following). This sound far more like a case of showmanship bullying than anything related to sexual orientation.

In an offshoot, which should not need to be explained, nobody wants anyone to be picked on for their sexuality..... Anyone who advocates for gay rights would never endorse such behavior (which probably never happened, at least not in the way it is being depicted)...... An article from 2017 about incidents 10 years before the article? This seems like a stretch....

Just because someone is married doesn't mean they are not gay. Even Aaron Rodgers just got engaged to a woman.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 28th, 2021 at 4:22:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich

Just because someone is married doesn't mean they are not gay. Even Aaron Rodgers just got engaged to a woman.

I don't want to get into an argument of gay people conspiring fake marriages to cover themselves socially, because I know I will not change your view, and this has already been hashed out plenty....

But, do you really believe 98% of the women in that league are gay (specifically gay/lesbian, not bisexual)? That is quite a claim. Even 60% would be absurd. But, 98% ? .....

(For the record I have no clue who Aaron Rodgers is, so I cannot comment on that example).
February 28th, 2021 at 6:49:31 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
But, do you really believe 98% of the women in that league are gay (specifically gay/lesbian, not bisexual)? That is quite a claim. Even 60% would be absurd. But, 98% ?

When the WNBA hosts its All-Star Game in Minneapolis on July 28, 2018 there were seven publicly out LGBTQ players out of 22. That is 31.82%,
I doubt very much that very many gay WNBA players have a compelling reason to remain in the closet. So I am going to guesstimate approx 33%.

Quote: Aaron Rodgers | quarterback for Green Bay
Rodgers was in a relationship with actress Olivia Munn from 2014 to 2017,
with former NASCAR driver Danica Patrick from 2018 to 2020.
He is now engaged to actress Shailene Woodley.

"Yeah, I’m just going to say I’m not gay. I really, really like women. That’s all I can say about that," Rodgers said. "Well, I mean there’s always going to be silly stuff out there in the media that you can’t worry too much about, and I don’t. We just keep on trucking, and I like the way my … I think there should be professional is professional and personal is personal, and that’s just how I’m going to keep it."