Andrew Yang seems pretty awesome

January 6th, 2020 at 4:26:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
So, $500 means nothing to the person you give it to, but $600 means everything to the person you take it from.

I would wager if I put a gun to your head and demanded $600 every month it would surely mean a lot to you.

You are very generous with money that is not your own.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2020 at 4:27:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A thousand isn't much if you have it, but it is a lot if you don't.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 6th, 2020 at 4:29:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
A thousand isn't much if you have it, but it is a lot if you don't.

A thousand you take from someone else isn't much, a thousand stolen from you is.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2020 at 4:30:36 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
You are very generous with money that is not your own.
Exactly. Libbies do nothing to promote hard work. They just want to give people free sh--

The fact that we're having such a dumb debate shows how far this country has fallen. Sadly we're having lots of dumb debates like this. I still can't believe that libbies actually want to have a serious debate about GIVING people other people's money. But it's no surprise. After all these are the same people who believe that biological men can somehow change their biology and become biological women. It's insanity man!

I'm really starting to agree with you that the United States will fall within 50 years. Maybe even 20 years!! 😞
January 6th, 2020 at 4:36:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
So you are saying a free $500 can help people? Maybe you can get the Nobel Econ medal.

THANK YOU!!!!! I know on the internet LOL is ubiquitous..... But my wife can attest..... I really was LOL!!!!!!!

Gandler...... no one here ever said giving money to poor people won't in some way help those poor people..... it's just that as my grandmother taught me.... "money doesn't grow on trees...."
January 6th, 2020 at 5:07:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So you are saying a free $500 can help people? .

Sure, you can yell at the guy holding cardboard signs, that says "Hungry, need food" What'd you do with the $500? Surely you didn't eat it all up already?

Of course, many of the ones I see in florida are usually sleeping outside, and not paying rent anywhere.
"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2020 at 5:45:28 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
THANK YOU!!!!! I know on the internet LOL is ubiquitous..... But my wife can attest..... I really was LOL!!!!!!!

Gandler...... no one here ever said giving money to poor people won't in some way help those poor people..... it's just that as my grandmother taught me.... "money doesn't grow on trees...."

Poor people already get money and healthcare.

The idea of UBI is to ensure everyone gets a flat benifit rate.
January 6th, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Sure, you can yell at the guy holding cardboard signs, that says "Hungry, need food" What'd you do with the $500? Surely you didn't eat it all up already?

Of course, many of the ones I see in florida are usually sleeping outside, and not paying rent anywhere.
"

I'll just watch him leave and get into his Camry while he laughs at the people who donated to him.

Offer him to sweep your driveway for food, see what happens.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 6:23:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I'll just watch him leave and get into his Camry while he laughs at the people who donated to him.

Offer him to sweep your driveway for food, see what happens.

You are better off donating to food kitchens and shelters.

Many panhandlers are scammers who do that for cash (sometimes as a part time gig if not full time). Others are genuinely homeless, but will use the cash in negative ways.

Unfortunately the Supreme Court ruled that panhandling is a 1st amendment right, so cities can not require buisness liscenses for panhandling (which of course almost none have so it's an easy way to shut down hot corners).
January 10th, 2020 at 3:43:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
You are better off donating to food kitchens and shelters.

Many panhandlers are scammers who do that for cash (sometimes as a part time gig if not full time). Others are genuinely homeless, but will use the cash in negative ways.

Unfortunately the Supreme Court ruled that panhandling is a 1st amendment right, so cities can not require buisness liscenses for panhandling (which of course almost none have so it's an easy way to shut down hot corners).

Totally agree. I disagree with SCOTUS as soliciting money should be considered a business. I wonder how many gangsters have thought to charge rent to the panhandlers?
The President is a fink.